[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that the FBI can hack your computer for even using Tor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1477624877070.jpg (11KB, 237x213px) Image search: [Google]
1477624877070.jpg
11KB, 237x213px
So now that the FBI can hack your computer for even using Tor or a VPN what are you going to do?
>>
>>57789597
Not use TOR or a VPN like a fucking criminal?
>>
>>57789597
Install gentoo
>>
>>57789597
>FBI
feels good to be in europe.
NSA has done a pretty god job at keeping citizens "safe"
how come they now need to get another agency to work on spying?
>>
>>57789696

> I use VPNs to access work data and work from home
> I have a VPN to access home server data on the road

Am I criminal scum?
>>
How do they know you're using a VPN?
>>
>>57789871

probably by checking for what ports are in use, using non-standard ports might hide you for a while

try routing VPN traffic though 443, 80, or 8080
>>
>>57789597
not in a gov job - can't leak anything
not interested in the holi/tvjew so
meh
>>
>>57789869
>Am I criminal scum?
Do you use it like a fucking criminal?
You tell me!
>>
File: 140414Terry.png (51KB, 200x201px) Image search: [Google]
140414Terry.png
51KB, 200x201px
IDGAF
>>
>>57789918
topkek
>>
Allowed doesn't automatically mean capable.
>>
>>57790106
>fbi not capable of hacking into the average joes computer
>>
>>57789597
>hacking my encrypted file system or my eastern europe based vpn provided by a company based in hong kong
good luck, fagbi
>>
>>57790150

Average home computers are many times harder to hack than huge corporations' servers because they have less attack surface and no services facing the Internet. Your ignorant comment just comes to show how little you know about hacking; home computers are virtually impossible to hack with even the default settings if you don't use malware of some kind.
>>
>>57789597
>Freenet for lolis
>i2p for leaking mails
>>
someone needs to build a defense mechanism for this. something that makes it more expensive to act on this than it's worth.

maybe some server that constantly runs random shit through VPNs and Tor, but when someone makes a request to it, it sends back an insane amount of requests.
>>
>>57790180
>home computers are virtually impossible to hack with even the default settings if you don't use malware of some kind.

https://ghostbin.com/paste/6kho7
"""impossible without malware"""
>>
>>57790180
kek average home computer can be probably owned with year old public exploit kit
>>
>>57790277
>computer designed only to connect to servers
>rejects all requests to itself
>>"""easy to hack"""
>>
>>57790249

>posts guide about hacking servers that literally is 1.- phone scam them for the password 2.- pay them for the password 3.- kidnap the sysadmin and torture him disclaimer: only hack as an act of rebellion to expropriate money from companies and end their abuse

FSociety rigth! You should at least read those guides you collect before posting them so you realize how fucking stupid and edgy they are. Dumb skiddo.
>>
>>57790474
What are you quoting retard?
>>
>>57789597
Not being American has served me well so far
>>
>>57790526

>when your best argument is to cover your ears and pretend that you didn't get told

gas yourself newfag
>>
>>57790605
Your argument is literally nothing just calling names? There are open ports in W10 too if you masturbate to nmap only.
>>
>>57790474
>Hacking Team had very little exposed to the internet. For example, unlike Gamma Group, their customer support site needed a client certificate to connect. What they had was their main website (a Joomla blog in which Joomscan [2] didn't find anything serious), a mail server, a couple routers, two VPN appliances, and a spam filtering appliance. So, I had three options: look for a 0day in Joomla, look for a 0day in postfix, or look for a 0day in one of the embedded devices. A 0day in an embedded device seemed like the easiest option, and after two weeks of work reverse engineering, I got a remote root exploit. Since the vulnerabilities still haven't been patched, I won't give more details, but for more information on finding these kinds of vulnerabilities, see [3] and [4].
>>
>>57790679

>hey guise we hacked a service facing the Internet that is totally different from a home computer
>>
Joke's on them. My firewall blocks incoming traffic.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.