[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /g/, didn't see a thread on approved podcasts and YouTube

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1480149087829.png (208KB, 807x935px) Image search: [Google]
1480149087829.png
208KB, 807x935px
Sup /g/, didn't see a thread on approved podcasts and YouTube channels to follow, so I'm making one.

More specifically, what channels and shows are essential listening for people really trying to get into tech?

I want to establish myself and start getting up to date news and stuff but I don't know what are considered the best places to start.
>>
Stick a dildo in your ass and you will be approved to get into tech.
>>
>>57788293
Someone here already told me to do that. Worse meme I ever fell for
>>
>>57788133
"Approved" by "who" exactly?
>>
>>57788648
All of you supreme /g/entoomen.
>>
>>57788133
go fuck yourself. nobody cares about your youtube shilling
>>
>>57788684
What the fuck did you just fucking say to me?
>>
>>57788684
I'll have you know I just reported you to Google's harassment police, kid.

Enjoy your last moments on the world wide web
>>
None you fucking idiot. Youtube is all marketers. The successful youtubers are the ones that know how to play sponsors and market goods.

Learn to fucking read.
>>
>>57788759
Then tell me what podcasts or independent shows are good.

i already have plenty of books and sites I like to read, but I need something while driving and working.
>>
>>57788759
You have a car and a job, r-right anon?
>>
Lot of jaded CS majors here I see.

I am so sorry life didn't work out the way you decided it should in your mind.
>>
I wonder if these dubs will change my fortunes
>>
>>57788133
>More specifically, what channels and shows are essential listening for people really trying to get into tech?
What do you want to learn about specifically? There are a lot of scienc-y and channels about computers out there. Vsauce, Brady Haran's Nottingham Science and related channels (Computerphile, Numerphile, Sixy Symbols), In a Nutshell / Kurzgesagt, AgentJayZ. The "funnier" ones like Captain Disillusion, AvE. All of these in very different areas of technology. And then there's trash computer channels like Linus Tech Tips.
>>
>>57788996
Also, I haven't found any good or "overall recommended" channels about current tech news so far, except one channel that posts 2 hour podcasts about computer security called "Security Now"
>>
>>57788996
>>57789022
I see.

I was mostly just curious if there were any absolute staples everyone should know about.

Beyond that, I am interested in privacy, Linux, web standards, computer language trends, etc. etc.

I follow EFF, FSF, Linus Tech Tips (ya I know) and a few others. But mostly I just listen to random tech podcasts. It's hit or miss.
>>
>>57789253
Security conference channels might be interesting for you. The 33c3 (chaos computer congress) is taking place at the end of this year, you can see talks from the recent conferences online, they will be streaming live again (and there will be threads on /g/). Also Black Hat and all those other conferences, interesting stuff most of the time.

CNLohr is also entertaining (about micro controllers)
>>
>>57789434
Oh cool. Thanks. I actually go to a websec conference in Kansas City once a month. I didn't really think to look into all the other conferences that get put on

Thanks brah. I will check out CNLohr too.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.