[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember kids. Pay your respects, it's not every day so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 4

File: Unknown.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
Remember kids. Pay your respects, it's not every day someone significant as AMD dies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN7i1bViOkU

Long live Nvidia, the eternal king of the dedicated GPU
>>
>>57784131
>adoredtv
Stop shilling your stupid video.
>>
>>57784174
Look, i know the truth can hurt. But anon, embrace it, the grass is literally greener on the other side, the Nvidia side.
>>
>>57784131
Since years AMD has been like Germany in WW2, fighting a two-front war against both Intel and Nvidia. And two-front wars are a bitch to win.
>>
If AMD actually loses, we all lose.

Be prepared to enjoy years of no progress and tripled prices.
>>
I don't understand why people hate amd progressing and gaining some market share/making profits. Are you guys so worried that intel/NVIDIA will have to reduce their prices actually innovate a bit?

Competition is good for everyone
>>
>>57784243
Nice b8 m8
>>
>>57784283
I don't give a shit about amd's marketshare. I don't upgrade my pc often and I'm not buying inferior products to "support muh competition".
>>
>AdoredTV

This AYYMD shillfag should just fuck off
>>
>>57784243
greener for them, can't wait to see what the 1080ti looks like when they don't attempt to compete. also the 1180 will be even more fun.

Really hope amd figured out how to mcm gpus so its not reliant on crossfire, that way they can make their catch all mass market chip and the high end with the same dies.
>>
>>57784316
amd for a good 2-3 gens had the better product at the lower price to boot, the market did not reward them for it at all.

fucking retards and normal people constantly fuck me over in every aspect of my life.
>>
>>57784316
It's not even about inferior products, the fact that an FX-8XXX is still relevant as an entry CPU is telling of AMD's worth. AMD can easily take a hold of the mid tier market, considering not everyone gets an i7 or Titan.
>>
>>57785051
not to mention AMD always used new technologies such as gddr5 and most recently HBM, while nvidia just spends their budget on marketing.
>>
>>57785051
>the market did not reward them for it at all
More like intel fucked them in the ass by cheating and then paid a fine so small it might as well be symbolic.
>>
I've seen threads saying that AMD is dead almost every day for 10 fucking years
>>
Amd have been on life support for years and this video confirms it with facts. 1 million profit at a time nvidia made over 300x as much is just laughable.

Buy nvidia and let amd die so a competent company like samsung will buy them up and make them competitive again. That's what I'm doing anyway. Not buying amd.
>>
>>57785082
Nvidia, first to GDDR3, first to GDDR5X, first to HBM2

AYYMD, POO IN THE LOO
>>
>>57784131
>hurr enthusiasts buy better value for money
>durr enthusiasts buy ayymd because it's better value
kek, when did this meme start? Enthusiasts will buy whatever card is better performing. And that just happens to be nvidia.
>>
>>57784131
Why are you cheering for a monopoly?
>>
>>57784131
If even Adored shills for Nvidia it's fucking over. He is like biggest Indian shill that shits on this board with his Pajeet accent.
>>
>>57785594
The guy is a massive fucking retard. He made a video like a year ago predicting amd will have world domination with the new rx 4xx series and that nvidia will go bankrupt. He literally said that.

Now he sees that amd are literally worthless trash that need to die.
>>
>>57785643
Well that's literally every AMD fanboy ever. This shitty company attracts poor retards that first are used as a pro-arguments by AMD shills on this board and once they realize that AMD is actually shit and can never get anything done they're devoured by their own fanbase that still will blindly stick to the belief that AMD is somehow still competitive with Intel or Nvidia.
>>
What's wrong with amd?

I've always bought ati/amd gpus and have never had any problems
>>
>>57785686
Then you should consider yourself lucky.
>>
>>57785669
>Well that's literally every fanboy ever
Fixed that for you

Seriously thou
>Some youtuber says something
>Proof of anything

I know this may be hard to understand to people who get their tech news from youtube personalities, but they're largely irrelevant outside of their own fanbases and they rarely know shit. We're talking about random people like any average /v/ poster who just started a tech channel based on nothing but what they've read on magazines and websites over the years.
>>
>>57785578
Don't try to rationalize the thought process of amd fanboy. Enthusiasts always buy whatever has the best performance. Price was always irrelevant.
>>
>>57785748
Yeah. I've heard the same thought process from a couple of amd fanboy friends.

>nvidia is too expensive
>you totally should buy amd because it's cheaper and performs almost the same
Except it doesn't.
>>
>>57785669
I laughed at the way he tries to imply that all enthusiasts are pro amd because they "just know amd is better".

He's too stupid to realise that these aren't "enthusiasts" but rabid amd fanboys who are browsing the Internet for any info they can find which they can use to rationalise their shit purchase so they all end up on the same forums which provide clickbait about how the amd cards will over achieve and that how nvidia cards will fail etc.

It's literally the same as conspiracy theorists and how they all end up on the same shit websites and when you go on those websites all their poll's have majority votes for dumb shit like China started global warming etc.
>>
>>57785748
>Don't try to rationalise the thought process of a fanboy
Fixed that for you again

You're welcome!
>>
>>57785816
>but rabid amd fanboys who are browsing the Internet for any info they can find which they can use to rationalise their shit purchase so they all end up on the same forums which provide clickbait about how the amd cards will over achieve and that how nvidia cards will fail etc.
your toxic attitude isn't helping anything
>>
>>57785036
>1080ti
rumors and speculation
>>
>>57785816
Nah man clearly those Steam gamers are true gaming enthusiasts playing their CS:Source in 2009. Also this retard fails to realize that 260 was still very much available in 2010-2011 and you could buy it for less than $100.
>>
>>57785173
This. Intel's fine was a pittance.
>>
>>57785578
HD4870/HD5870 were better cards, there was no way around it. HD5870 was basically GTX8800 of it's time, people who own it now are still able to play games like GTA5.
>>
>>57785831
also some pattern recognition.
>>
>>57784131
>Stop driver optimization for last gen cards
>dedicated
Pick one
>>
File: 1453001587088.jpg (9KB, 340x191px) Image search: [Google]
1453001587088.jpg
9KB, 340x191px
>>57785908
considering they also made FE version of the 1080 and 1070, VRAM variants of the 1060, and a TI variant of the 1050 all on release, I have my doubts a 1080 TI is on the horizon.

I'm probably retarded though.
>>
>>57786014
same happened with 7 series, 750ti and Titan came out about the same time and then 780ti came out after them month or two later.
>>
I think the major issue with AMD is that they completely abandoned the European market - which btw is still largest PC market out there since our American friends love their casual console gaming. Their cards are usually overpriced in EU to the point where they often cost as much as their Nvidia counterparts (even though they're like $50 cheaper in USA) - And the fact that they're so sparse often makes them ridiculously expensive (480RX price in UK was reaching $350 for the first crucial month when they didn't have to fight against 1060 gtx - Meanwhile you could get a non-reference 970 which is maybe 5-10% slower for less than $220)
>>
>>57786014
My only question is, why call it 1080ti instead of 1090?
>>
>>57784131
you fags have been always saying this, even professional financial anylists thought amd would be dead by the mid 90's but they have always found a way to survive
>>
>>57784283
AMD is backed by terrorists states.
>>
>>57786084
x90 cards were reserved for dual gpu abominations which they do not make anymore
>>
>>57786184
But anon, it's intel who supports israel.
>>
>>57785051
>the market did not reward them for it at all.
Like hell it didn't, they had much higher GPU market share when they made good, competitive cards across all price brackets. Actually they even gained back like 10% market share since last year, thanks to the RX 480 and despite Pascal coming out, so you can hardly say the market doesn't appreciate actually decent cards from AMD.

They fucked up hard by essentially releasing the same cards in a row (R9 200/R9 300), then their Fury line failed to REALLY impress at the high end and they pretty much got their thunder stolen by the 980 Ti, which was/still is a pretty damn good card.
>>
>30 minute video
>starts out with talking about profits
I'm not going to watch this. What is the shitty argument for AMD being finished this time?
>>
>>57786911
No. The reasons NVIDIA controls so much more of the market share are memes and dumbfuck consumers. Examples:
>The 970 is STILL the most popular card on Steam despite it being fucked BY DESIGN.
>Despite promising true async compute support for 2 generations, the 900 series cannot do it, and the 10 series can only perform a software implementation of it that is basically worthless.
>Every other month a driver update releases and bricks cards.
>SLI performance gains with NVIDIA cards are minimal.
The list goes on, but PCMASTERRACE idiots and children still post--every single day, multiple times a day--about how awful AMD is.
>>
How is AMD conpetition if they are objectively worse than both Intel and Nvidia?

Competition would mean youd have a reason to buy them other than supporting competition itself
>>
>>57787121
>The 970 is STILL the most popular card on Steam despite it being fucked BY DESIGN.
And why do you think that is the case? First of all the problem wasn't known for months after the 970 came out. Second, odds are most people don't actually feel any impact in practice, especially if they're playing at 1080p. If people already bought a card that they're happy with they're not going to spend more money just to stick it to NVIDIA for lying, nor are they going to discard the 970 when making a purchasing decision if the 3.5 issue doesn't appear in practice at the settings they're going to use.
>Despite promising true async compute support for 2 generations, the 900 series cannot do it, and the 10 series can only perform a software implementation of it that is basically worthless.
This isn't an actual advantage in practice, a 1080 is still much faster than anything AMD ever made, with or without async.
>Every other month a driver update releases and bricks cards.
This is such an obvious lie it's not even worth addressing.
>SLI performance gains with NVIDIA cards are minimal.
This is also a complete crock of shit. Crossfire support for the last 2 years has been so horrible it's not even worth considering. Multi-GPU is only ever worth it at the high-end anyway, basically when the fastest GPU is still not enough. As it stands AMD doesn't even have a high-end, buying anything Crossfire today is nothing short of a complete mistake. Have you actually owned both SLI and CF recently to actually make any claims about either of them?
>>
>>57787121
>Still better than any AMD card at the time and didnt require a 750w PSU like the 290x or 390(closest thing AMD had)
>Muh Async, muh shit nobody cares about, muh shit no dev uses unless paid by AMD to do so
>Funny when every AMD driver is always shit
>Using Dual GPUs
>>
>>57787463
>Muh Async, muh shit nobody cares about, muh shit no dev uses unless paid by AMD to do so

Async helps every card though. Don't tell me Vulcan is a waste too, when it wille actually make MOAR CORES matter.
>>
File: 1453334714885.png (90KB, 602x317px) Image search: [Google]
1453334714885.png
90KB, 602x317px
>>57787434
>If people already bought a card that they're happy
Clearly not the case considering there was a class action lawsuit filed and every single 970 owner could receive a payment.
>This isn't an actual advantage in practice
It absolutely is in applications that make use of the feature.
>This is such an obvious lie it's not even worth addressing.
Try again: http://wccftech.com/nvidias-latest-game-ready-driver-allegedly-killing-gpus-plagued-issues/
>This is also a complete crock of shit.
Wrong again: https://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/DX12-Multi-GPU-scaling-and-running-Deus-Ex-Mankind-Divided

>>57787463
>750w PSU
Wrong.
>Muh Async
You're a fucking idiot.
>le AMD drivers meme
See above
>More memes
See above.
>>
>>57787542
name one game that inplements Async/DX12 and runs better on AMD without being a shill game

for example Tomb Raider has DX12 but the 1060 still annihilates the rx480

Hitman/Deus Ex has both but is an AMD shill game that uses their "open source" grafix technology
>>
AMDefence force has arrived it seems. You can see the buyers remorse in the posts.
>>
>33 minutes of pure shilling
I'm not watching your shit, OP.
>>
>>57784243
nvidia's users are as green as the logo, enjoy your telemetry
>>
>>57787625
>without being a shill game
>for example Tomb Raider

Which is a shill game, and a much worse one at that. Try again.
>>
>>57785825
>toxic
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>57787620
I thought I should reply seriously, but you're either completely stupid, in which case it's not worth it, or you're simply pretending to be ("trolling"), in which case it's also not worth it. So that's that then.
>>
>>57787788
>ad hominem
You lose. Thanks for admitting defeat.
>>
>>57787625
>Hitman/Deus Ex has both but is an AMD shill game
>It doesn't count because I said so!!!!!
Are you serious?
>>
>>57787793
Drawing a logical conclusion based on your behavior isn't ad hominem. There's also no "winning" or "losing" since no matter what the "outcome" of an argument on 4chan the actual facts do not change. I don't think you know what ad hominem actually is, which only further reinforces my opinion that you are stupid or at the very least ignorant and proud of your lack of knowledge and understanding. Blinding yourself to facts that disagree with you doesn't actually change those facts or their practical impact on you or anyone else.
>>
File: 970.png (25KB, 479x202px) Image search: [Google]
970.png
25KB, 479x202px
>>57787620
>every single 970 owner could receive a payment.

>america is the world

ok.

>Try again: http://wccftech.com/nvidias-latest-game-ready-driver-allegedly-killing-gpus-plagued-issues/

when the guy said it's an obvious lie he obviously meant that ever other driver update bricks cards. use your brain for once. i've had more problems with my 390 than my 1070 like i couldn't even play gta 5 for 6 months in dx11 mode because of the infamous display driver crash issue for the 3xx series gpu's. if anything amd are the one's releasing broken drivers in my experience.
>>
>>57785540
AMD/ATi, first to design GDDR3, first to design GDDR5, first to design HBM1&2.

Without these technologies, Nvidia would be sunk.
>>
>>57787668
The guy is right in some respects, but doesn't really delve deeply enough into some of the issues with AMD which are impossible to see if you're just looking at some average FPS benchmarks. He didn't touch on the issues with draw calls in DX11 AMD has and the consequence of requiring a generally faster CPU to get all you can out of your AMD card, nor did he mention the general lower quality software support AMD has for new games, nor did he touch of microstutter/frame pacing issues.
>>
>>57787625
Tomb raider is a goyworks game, goyworks being the definition of favoured games.
>>
>>57787625
Doom's vulkan implementation results in almost a 40% performance increase for AMD cards. Vulkan is a better api than dx12.
>>
>>57787852
>Drawing a logical conclusion based on your behavior isn't ad hominem.
Your argument is an insult. That's ad hominem: failure to provide an argument and instead attacking the other person involved.
>>
>>57787852
He's right tho, you're basically attacking him and refusing to provide a reasoning.
>>
>>57787922
NO, JEDEC members designed all those standards, AYYMD didn't do shit
>>
>>57785364
You are literally saying that you dont buy amd because their marketing isnt good enough for you. Nice nshill.
>>
>>57786075
Thats your retailers fucking you Euros over, not AMD

The MSRPs are still the same coming from the vendor.
>>
>>57787710
this
>>
>>57787620
Youre right, an aftermarket 390 needs a minimum 800w psu

800w for a single gpu, just think about that
>>
>>57787799
If goyworks doesnt count then neither does AMD's shitty Pajeet GPooOpen

but keep getting butthurt AMDrone, my 1070 annihilates anything your gpu can do no matter how much mental gymnastics you do
>>
>>57788432
Both count you dumb faggot. You discounted AMD's "goyworks" but legitimized NVIDIA's.
>>
>>57787625
>AMD shill game that uses their "open source" grafix technology
>AMD releasing open source stuff is somehow a bad thing because vendors use it and nvidia refuse to work with it in any meaningful manner
Wait what? Will you also tell me that GDDR5 and HBM are bad? AMD has had their fingers in an awful lot of stuff over the years that has been a big enough improvement that the rest of the industry has adopted it. Need I remind you that AMD pushed x86_64 while Intel wanted to force people into another proprietary architecture that they could control? The same could be said for their open source graphics vs nvidia gameworks. It's just much less successful.
>>
>>57788026
Doom uses amd intrinsic shader code. It's not part of the vulkan specifications and something you can call vendor optimization. If something like this was done for nvidia gpus, amdrones would be screaming muh jewvidia.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.