[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General Shopping Horror Story: >bought one of theses fuckers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

General Shopping Horror Story:
>bought one of theses fuckers
>terminal din-5 instead of labeled ps2
>bought din5-ps2 converter
>fucking not working
>realized they fucking destroyed any support for these things outside terminals
>realizing that i'm now out $60 and an extra $10 for shipping
>cry
anyone else have it happen to them?
also if fixes plz
>>
>>57782408
Soarers converter?
>>
>>57782408
If you can't find a working adaptor on the many, many mechanical forums, go hack something together with a teensy.
>>
>>57782408
use an arduino in the middle and fucking convert signals you lazy dumbass
>>
>>57782408
If you can't figure out how to make the greatest keyboard in the world work, you don't deserve to own one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-to-SDL-6-Pin-6ft-IBM-Lexmark-Unicomp-Model-M-Clicky-Keyboard-Cable-NEW-/271367683396

Eat a bag of dicks.
>>
>jump
>send line
>select
>reset
>send

Are the keys labelled like this as standard on a regular Model M? Or could it be that it's some non standard variation that's means specifically to work with terminals?
>>
>>57782475
>>57782452
>>57782437
>>57782433
some people don't seem to realize why this is bad
the fucking keyboard is like nothing I find on the forums
they say that the chord on the back is detachable, but this one is soldered to the board
none of the key caps were on when it arrived, and I had to figure out where they had to go, but joke's on me because the key caps I got were random, I got two 0's and no o
the board in the keyboard was all kinds of fucked and the ribbon that went to it needed to be replaced but the bitch is with the plastic rivets that'll kill it if they get fucked with
all of this on top of the fact that after I did the work that it didn't work
>>
>>57782550
>a regular Model M? Or could it be that it's some non standard variation that's means specifically to work with terminals?
>>>
what is the serial number on the back?
>>
>>57782550
well, if it's fucked, can't you return it???
>>
File: anykey.jpg (94KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
anykey.jpg
94KB, 600x450px
I'm using a din5/ps2 adapter on a motherboard made fourteen months ago, what's your problem?

>>57782475
>the greatest keyboard in the world
there are a dozen models I can think of that are objectively better than /g/s memeboard.
>>
>>57782825
>>57782774
Part No.1390636
Fru No.1390636
ID No.0000116
Date 9/25/95
and *P1390636* under the barcode
>>
>>57782825
no
the seller was on alibaba
>>
>>57782408
PS/2 and DIN keyboards use literally the same protocol. They're 100% compatible, it's just a different plug.

Your keyboard is probably broken.
>>
>>57782887
the issue is that the converter didn't fit because the fucking pins are everywhere
>>
>>57782901
(I can't say that they are just not in alignment with any of the 7 converters I bought)
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.