[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the bottleneck on my laptop? Is it the RAM? The system

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: speccy.png (63KB, 669x534px) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
63KB, 669x534px
What's the bottleneck on my laptop? Is it the RAM? The system feels sluggish when having video tabs open in Chrome. Firefox is almost unusable. Its relatively fast when I'm not doing any heavy web browsing though. I don't do any gaming.

The processor in an A8-4555M which is almost on par with mobile i7s from 2015 from benchmarks I've seen.
>>
Your CPU is running stupid hot dude.

8GB of DD3 RAM isn't going to be a bottleneck.

I would get CCleaner and clean your shit first. Get rid of all the startup programs.

Other than that, your HDD is going to be your bottleneck. Get a SSD. It's not a meme.
>>
>>57781768
>Your CPU is running stupid hot dude.
That's not the actual temp. Speccy is garbage with AMD processors, it doesn't even recognize the chip.
>Get rid of all the startup programs.
The only startup program I have is google drive.
>Get a SSD
Their reliability scares me away.
I have one of those "hybrid drives". The system boots up basically like if it had an SSD but for the rest it performs like a HDD.
>>
>>57781836

That's odd. Hybrid drives have horrible failure rates. SSD's have been out for years now, prices are finally starting to come down. I don't get the unreliability meme.

Not really sure what's up with your system though. Storing a shitload of files on your desktop can slow it down. Chrome is a memory hog with a lot of tabs open, but your system shouldn't choke like that. Or have firefox be unusable.
>>
File: PicsArt_11_24_05.24.18.jpg (37KB, 564x460px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_11_24_05.24.18.jpg
37KB, 564x460px
>>57781750
>amd laptop

hmm wonder what might be the problem
>>
>>57784189
Go away Pajeet
>>
>thinks SSDs are not reliable
>uses an AMD A8POO CPU

U wot m9
>>
>>57781750
Btw your CPU isn't on par with mobile i7s, it's about half as slow as my i5-4210U
>>
>>57784260
Fuck off Pajeet
>>
The bottleneck is Windows. Try installing Xubuntu.
>>
>>57784399
Windows 10 Pro runs fast as fuck on my X200T that has a slower Core 2 Duo SL9400. So no.
>>
It's your APU (CPU + GPU both together on the same chip). The AMD Trinity chips weren't that great to begin with and that one is a low power version on top of that. Hate to say it but it's time for an upgrade. Before you do that though, you could try a reinstall of Windows, but I don't think it will do much good desu.
>>
>>57785280
This

I had a laptop with pretty much similar specs and the APU is shit on CPU tasks.
>>
>>57784288
>>57785280
Yeah, that's what I thought. One site said the A8 was almost as fast as an i7 but now I've been checking more benchmarks/reviews and apparently even i3s are faster than this crap...
>>
>>57781750
Its overheating and thermal throttling.
>>
>>57788284
speccy does not read AMD cpu temperatures properly. it is not that hot
>>
>>57781750
>A8-4555M
that cpu is dogshit
just compared it to my low end Core i5-4210U which struggles with heavy web usage
and my cpu fucking obliterates that amd shit

sources:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-HP-Pavilion-Sleekbook-15z-b000-Notebook.88783.0.html

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Flex-2-15-Notebook-Review.123450.0.html
>>
>>57781750
you have background shit running. learn to msconfig or install mint
>>
hard drive m8, nothing to do with anything else
>>
File: laughingwhores.jpg (128KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
laughingwhores.jpg
128KB, 500x333px
>>57781750
>AMD mobile CPU
>on par with anything
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.