/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to internet browsers? They used to be so much better,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: rowszers.png (25KB, 375x52px) Image search: [Google]
rowszers.png
25KB, 375x52px
What happened to internet browsers?
They used to be so much better, have such useful features like tab stacking and session saving.
They had an options menu inside a window instead of in a tab, same for history and so on.
They had all the buttons and customisation you needed, custom hotkeys for everything.

Which browsers do you use and what do you hate about them?
>>
Chrome
Fast
Botnet
>>
>>57773485
Why dont you use ungoogled chromium?
>>
Opera, because it's the best
>>
>>57773485
For some reason chrome is actually slower than firefox for me when I have a retarded amount of tabs open.
But faster with a low amount.

>>57773535
It hasn't been for the longest time. They used to have so many great features and convenient menus. I'll miss you tab-stacking.
>>
firefox
eats memory
becoming a botnet
>>
>>57773534
I use it but it's pretty much an abandoned project, so I wouldn't recommend it to people who worry about security
>>
>>57773554
still the best, by far
>>
>>57773574
The last commits are literally from today. What are you talking about?

The project is alive and kicking.
>>
>>57773554
You can get extensions for tab stacking but its not the same
>>
>>57773457
used to love firefox, now it is the most bloated browser I know.
>>
>>57773534
>>57773682
How do you sign in to Chromium with your Google account? It keeps on saying that it already exists on my device.
>>
>>57773535

only 12 or lower. higher is just chrome reskinned.
>>
>>57773854
This.
Looks like almost every browser is just reskinned chrome or firefox. It makes me sick.
>>
>>57773854
literally the worst bait on /g/
>>
>>57773457
>used to ... have such useful features like ... session saving
Is there really a browser that doesn't have this in the current year?
>>
>browser thread
>ctrl+f
>no Vivaldi
>>
>>57776478
It's shit.
>>
I think the issue is what they're rendering sucks.

I don't mean that in the "in my day..." way, what I mean is that JavaScript is an awful way to present a website in a technological context.

And rendering this is an acceptable form is what consumes nearly all of the time in browser development.
>>
>>57776478
It's shit.
>>
>>57773854
Why is that a problem? Chromium based browsers have the best performance, also you can use Chrome extensions with Opera.
>>
>>57773457
normies

it's always the normies

they ruin everything
>>
>>57773554
you are running out of memory when that happens

download more RAM
>>
>>57776562
>>57776907
Can you provide valid and objective reasons why?
>>
>>57773457
Just use Edge.
>>
>>57777037
All his music sounds like he remixed the same weak, limp-wristed, stale melody 50 times. Well, except maybe his vocal stuff. They're not so bad. But for the most part, he sucks. A lot. And the Four Seasons are abused way too much by advertisers. You should listen to Couperin instead.
>>
>>57777081
Kek
>>
>>57773819
>wants to sign into his Jewgle account on an explicitly debotnetted as possible Chromium
For shame, anon.
>>
>>57773457
For normal things
Chrome
good integration with google stuff
botnet (kind of linked to the part I like)

For torrenting, hentai, and general shady sites:
Firefox with UBlock Origin, Privacy Badger, Ghostery, and Flash Block
seems very secure
I have to disable Privacy Badger and Flash Block half the time to get sites to work
>>
>>57778687
Why not use Chrome for the torrents? Shouldn't be an issue mate.

Also you should always use HTTPS Everywhere.
>>
File: combine.jpg (192KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
combine.jpg
192KB, 1920x1080px
>>57773819
On ungoogled-chromium? You don't. Thats the point. Anything that involves browser syncing (not necessarily web syncing) will be broken.

Then again, if you plan to log in with your Google account, why are you using this fork? Just use vanilla Chromium or even Chrome.
>>
What happened to Chrome? It used to be beautiful. Bare-bones, lightweight, easy, simple, fast as fuck, innovative. That isn't the case anymore. It's bloated and slow af

what the fuck I wanna go back
>>
>>57780718
Chrome works fine for me mate. FireFox is the one that has become like that.
>>
>>57780777
It werks, yeah, but it's not as fun to use as it used to be. It's not as light anymore and Google no longer introduces features that haven't been done before.
>>
B-but i use Safari.
It's the best, literally no flaws.
>>
any addons i should be using that im not?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.