/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Intellectual Copyright is the cancer of modern society. If something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 170px-Copyright.svg.png (7KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
170px-Copyright.svg.png
7KB, 170x170px
Intellectual Copyright is the cancer of modern society.

If something is so easily acquired that a 10 years old can do it in a minute, and not a single life form is hurt in the process of doing so, there is no logical justification for any arbitrary state-enforced "law" to exist as it achieves nothing more but intervening into the market and creating an unsustainable bubble of companies that are absolutely reliant on that law, and cannot survive should pirating become too widespread (and especially if it becomes widespread in foreign countries where the state can't enforce their shitty interventionist law).

An example is the US' insanely over-capitalized IT sector that not only surpassed the financial (and any other), but is also responsible for about a quarter of the entire GDP. Look at Google and Microsoft's market cap of more than half a trillion. Look at the software Microsoft is producing (which, by the way, is produced and actively maintained for FREE anyway by other people) and tell me with a straight face that they deserve even a tenth of that capitalization.
>>
I think copyright should only last as long as the product is being sold by the original publisher.

>inb4 old material is being sold for 1 million dollars just to keep the copyright
Being sold in a manner that the average consumer can afford it.
>>
>>57773075
I agree with you. I wish I could change it. All I can do is boycott non-free software.
>>
>>57773075
How come Stallman's site says copyright?
>>
>>57773116
>I think copyright should only last as long as the product is being sold by the original publisher.

No, enforcing it for even a second is still wrong. The entire concept behind it is retarded and people have somehow been memed into a victim mentality that forces them to unironically see pirating as bad. The world is full of people who absolutely honestly believe that writers, signers, coders and all the other people who hide behind that law would starve to death if money wasn't forcefully redistributed from them by the state, yet they forget that they would instantly be replaced by people who'd GLADLY do the same thing for free.

Instead of intervening in something that is far too complex for any government to handle long-term, the free market should be left to solve its own issues alone. Your OS got pirated by more than half of its users, leading to people laughing at those paying for it and basically no one paying for it? Too bad, it WAS supposed to be pirated in the first place if it was so easy to circumvent paying you. Notice how it's impossible to "pirate" bakeries or car dealers, because they sell physical stuff that you can't just "copy-paste" without harming the owner in an armed robbery. That's what money really is - a note that you have received for proving competent PHYSICAL resource management, and a note that is intended to be used for further PHYSICAL resource management. Typing some copy-pasteable stuff isn't "resource management"
>>
>>57773116
copyright should last 10 years and it should be possible to renew it every 10 years for a fee. If disney really wants to keep the original mickey mouse rights and they keep making money from it then let them. Right now they use lobbying to extend the copyright term for everyone indefenitively. Basically nothing will ever enter the public domain anymore unless the creator explicitly releases it under CC0.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.