[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you could start all over /g/, what would you start with? Computer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: webdev.jpg (172KB, 1530x670px) Image search: [Google]
webdev.jpg
172KB, 1530x670px
If you could start all over /g/, what would you start with?
Computer Science or Wed Development?
>>
>>57771759
Neither. I'd become good in something actual useful.
>>
Both
>>
quantitative analysis
>>
Physics.
>>
Medicine
>>
Of the two? Web development.

Of anything? Probably just become an apprentice to a local auto-mechanic. Fuck computers. They're the bane of my existence. They ruined my life.
>>
>>57771759
Not drink away my late teens and 20s. That was the real waste
>>
I would have studied something useful like statistics instead of a useless meme degree like civil engineering.
>>
math

At the end of the day, CS ends up being literally math with English words. At least I'd have more diverse choices
>>
Computer engineering. Oh wait I did pick that.

Feels good thinking before making big decisions.
>>
>>57771759
Math and >>57772007
this as fuck.

My mentor graduated from UCLA as a math major. He easily picked up ada, fortran, C, and all these other languages, and became one of the best black site programmers the underbelly of the US gov has ever seen.
>>
>>57772159
sounds like a smart guy. since nobody here fits that description, we might as well be happy coders, shying from bright lights and saving for dragon dildoes.
>>
>>57772140

Math with English words is just called math
>>
>>57772100
>not partying three times a week and swimming in pussy
>>
File: slide_7.jpg (137KB, 1040x720px) Image search: [Google]
slide_7.jpg
137KB, 1040x720px
>>57773440
You use German words if you're a real mathematician
>>
>>57773619
>partying three times a week automatically gets you pussy
>>
If you can't teach yourself web development effortlessly with a CS degree you fucked something up.
>>
>>57771759
Go from Informatics: main area Information Systems to something heavier like computer science or engineering in computer/data.
>>
>>57773440
No thats COBOL.
>>
>>57773656
But German triples the length of any sentence without adding any precision or clarity.
>>
>>57772100
How old are ya now buddy and are you still in tech?
>>
>>57771759

Study CS and learn web development for fun and money.

>>57775618

Schweinehund!
>>
>>57775618
Das hier
>>
File: 1478371905687.jpg (17KB, 400x327px) Image search: [Google]
1478371905687.jpg
17KB, 400x327px
>>57771759
I'm not sure what I would begin with, but you should start by killing yourself.
>>
>>57772100
THIS. Drank too fucking much. Feels bad,
>>
Computer Science. Web Development isn't major worthy. I picked it up on my own
>>
>>57771759
CE
>>
>>57771759
What? Why would you just do web dev without knowing the foundation?
>>
CS is a pretty terrible degree, all things considered. Most of what you learn is already or immediately obsolete.

Stuff like anatomy, legal precedents, and mathematics don't change.

It's a real tragic waste of crystallized intelligence. Almost like committing to be an athlete and knowing your career will be 15 years, tops.
>>
infosec
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.