[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm learning C atm. Why I shouldn't learn C++ instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: questionings fox.jpg (37KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
questionings fox.jpg
37KB, 600x399px
I'm learning C atm. Why I shouldn't learn C++ instead of C if C++ can do everything that C can do and much more?
>>
>>57770315
Because you're still learning.
>>
Because OOP is a joke that people wont stop telling, so you have to pretend to still find it funny, even though hearing so many others find it hilarious makes you die inside.
>>
>>57770315
Because OOP is a meme
>>
>>57770337
sorry to burst your bubble but you simply cannot develop large scale applications conveniently without OOP
>>
>>57770315
Why not both?
>>
>>57770315
It's better to first learn C and then C++.
Procedural programming is a more direct way to "talk" to the machine.
Once you understand C, I'd recommend you to read a little about Assembly, that way you can know more about the timing of your programs and such.
>>
Because learning a language is "easy". Learning programming is hard.

C is great for learning how to program. C++ is massive and complex.
>>
>>57770315
>can do everything that C can do and much more
Because it's a distraction. You'll start inventing problems you don't have just to use c++ features.
Also OOP is the wrong way to think about data.
I've programmed C++ for years and I switched to C a few months ago, I'm definitely more productive now.

Watch this legendary talk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX0ItVEVjHc
>>
The same reason you shouldn't be learning Python instead.
You're learning to program, not how to have somebody else do it for you.
>>
Why should we care if you get a good understanding of programming?
Go learn C++ instead.
>>
>>57770384
this is true

however trying to use OOP for everything is fucking retarded
>>
>>57770384
But that's wrong though. That's how OOP is sold, but there is absolutely no reason why you wouldn't be able to structure your code or delegate your work between programmers.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.