[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm gonna be using partitions on my laptop, windows and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0342.png (91KB, 460x575px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0342.png
91KB, 460x575px
I'm gonna be using partitions on my laptop, windows and Linux.

I'm gonna be editing video using photoshop and making audio production, so I'm definitely gonna need a good CPU for
This.

I've got about $500-700 to spend which one is right for me?

Thanks senpai
>>
Check in with the ThinkPad general. Anything from t420 series or newer will fit your budget.
>>
Why a laptop?
>>
>>57769188
fpbp

>>57769194
also interesting
>>
>>57769161

Macintosh
>>
>>57769188
I checked but they were all 720p screens which kind of bothered me, will those let me do heavy editing?

>>57769194
Portable use, I'm gonna be in places where it will be needed in meetings and stuff.
>>
>>57769302
Overpriced
>>
>>57769161
W520 or W530 with FHD display. End of.
>>
>>57769326
20* and *30 come with 1600x900, newer ones come with full HD
>>
>>57769343

Macintosh is the best computer for Photoshop.
>>
>>57769537
>>57769637
I was looking at the t550 is that one trash ? It looks like it has good specs and around my price range.
>>
>>57769161
>editing video
>photoshop
wat

premiere and after effects is what you need
>>
>>57769326

A dock and an external monitor. There aren't going to be any exceptional laptop screens out there. Anything newer than the t420/t520/w520 series isn't going to be much faster, they're just going to get better battery life.

If you can handle 3-4 hour battery life, then you could save some money by buying a great external monitor, a t420 and a dock.

>>57769667

That's marketing bullshit. The newer macs are terrible, they use undervolted processors to save on battery life.
>>
photoshop, ms office, cad... these are all /g/ code for "video games"
>>
>>57769770
This
>>
>>57769770
I have a gaming PC I don't need a thinkpad for gaming lmao
>>
>>57769740

I use Windows, Linux and Mac OS. I have a Thinkpad and a Macintosh. Windows is the best for gaming(On PC), But for actual OS design Linux and Mac OS are far superior to Windows. The last decent version of Windows was Windows XP. I only do retro gaming so XP is perfect for my needs.

If OP is going for Laptop and going for a PC based Laptop, I also recommend Lenovo. I prefer the X series Lenovo. They are very portable and very high quality machines.

For graphics I prefer using Macintosh. I agree 100% with you the newer Macintosh Computers are junk. Having said that.....the Lenovo Carbon X1 is garbage compared to the Lenovo from a couple of years ago.
>>
>>57769689
If the t550 was half decent, why would I mention the W520 or W530?
>>
>>57769667
Macintosh runs old hardware that underperforms much cheaper laptops when it comes to photoshop. It's good to look like a designer, but it's bad to use compared to other things you can get where photoshop runs smoother.

>>57769689
It's a good computer, it's not one of the bad thinkpads. I want a t550
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.