[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your job? How much do you make? I'm going to work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: javascript-for-millennials.png (172KB, 515x656px) Image search: [Google]
javascript-for-millennials.png
172KB, 515x656px
What is your job?
How much do you make?

I'm going to work as a programmer soon.
I'm wondering if I can spend 30 minutes learning about advanced Vim macros and basically configuring it without getting reprimanded.
Do you have a supervisor that tracks your progress?
>>
>>57754483
>I'm wondering if I can spend 30 minutes learning about advanced Vim macros and basically configuring it without getting reprimanded.
What the hell has this got to do with your job?
>>
>>57754691
Because I like to do things smart.
When I have to change 5 lines of code, I use RegExp. When I have to copy I paste, I look for a binding that will save it to a file.
Will the employer look on that as unproductively spent time?
>>
Software devrloper, currently refactoring Test env from all Intranet on one Jenkins instance. Otherwise building stuff and also programming.

Currently 45k€
>>
File: 1466256881851.jpg (161KB, 728x1484px) Image search: [Google]
1466256881851.jpg
161KB, 728x1484px
first job as a java/angular2 dev
W yurope
>>
File: TeSu.jpg (62KB, 754x565px) Image search: [Google]
TeSu.jpg
62KB, 754x565px
E Europe
>>
>>57755946
Can you give me a good place to get started with angular2. Just seems like every tutorial is broken even after being out for just a few months.
>>
>>57754724
I see. I misinterpreted your statement, thinking you meant you were going to dick around with VIM to look like your working instead of working.

>When I have to change 5 lines of code, I use RegExp. When I have to copy I paste, I look for a binding that will save it to a file.
>Will the employer look on that as unproductively spent time?
They shouldn't do because if done right it should increase your productivity. The only issue I can see them having is if takes longer to sort out the VIM macros then it does to do the work the old fashioned way. I mean macros are only good if you need to use them repeatedly.

That said I would ensure you have adequate amounts of work to get through. Employers don't like paying their employees to be idle. If you blast through all your work then they may question why they need x programmers / software eng.s. Or if you are contracting they might cut your hours because they've seen that it doesn't take you that long to do the job.
>>
>>57756029
idk mane i learnt it at work
Tour of heroes is ok to understand what the fuck is going on i guess.
>>
>>57754483
20k/year at panera bread

life is suffering
>>
IT bitch boy at a hospital
$55k plus equivalent of 33 days of PTO per year No complaints
>>
File: 1457678698873.jpg (190KB, 400x1232px) Image search: [Google]
1457678698873.jpg
190KB, 400x1232px
>>57754483
>working in a group at uni
>group member wanted to do it all in react
>tfw the memes are real
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.