[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2016 >Still no RAM Disk controller extension with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1451492292186.png (253KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1451492292186.png
253KB, 640x480px
>2016
>Still no RAM Disk controller extension with battery and backup SSD
>>
Just overspend on system RAM and use software. It'll take an extra minute on boot to dump the virtual drive into RAM but you shouldn't be using that for anything other than performance-critical operations anyways.
>>
>>57746674
>>Still no RAM Disk controller extension with battery and backup SSD
You dont need that, NVDIMMs have existed for years you tard. Not that you can afford them, a 8GB stick is $500.

https://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon/C600/X9DRH-iF-NV.cfm
>>
>>57746674
Acard ANS-9010BA. Its not PCI-E (Sata II) but it comes with an internal battery and a CompactFlash slot to do hard backups of the contents.

They're also expensive. Cheapest one on ebay is $400, and thats without the CF card or the DIMMs.
>>
>>57747229
>Hurr durr, you fucking retard, why would you buy 128gb of RAM, a small drive and a battery for the same price as 16gb of non-volatile RAM
Really makes you think
>>
>>57747504
Except NVDIMMs actually exist. All you can do is point to some ~10 year old SATA2 consumer grade shitbox that no one wanted because theyre not made any more or upgraded to current standards. Stay btfo anon.
>>
>>57747557
RAM, hard drives and batteries don't exist
Really makes you think
>>
>>57747557
hey, me >>57747315
and him >>57747504

are 2 different anons.

I am aware the Acard shitbox is precisely that, but other than nvdimms and the Gigabyte Iram (which doesnt have the option to flash backup and is even slower) there really arent any kind of ramdisk options in hardware.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.