[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking of getting the EVGA SC 1070. I've heard bad things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: EVGA SC GTC 1070.jpg (203KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
EVGA SC GTC 1070.jpg
203KB, 1200x1200px
Thinking of getting the EVGA SC 1070. I've heard bad things about the supposed thermal issues but I've also heard that they've been largely resolved now. In the worst case scenario, I'd just have to get the thermal pads and apply them, pretty easy I'm assuming?

Also, I won't do overclocking or anything like that, just gaming for the most part.

Was also looking at MSI but have heard that EVGA's customer support is superb and MSI's not so much.

General GPU Thread
>>
>>57743538
EVGA customer support is shit. Comparing this to Gigabyte, zotac and PNY though
>>
>>57743557
I've only heard good things about them though. What makes you say that they're shit?

Also, as a side question, what's the difference between EVGA's SC and SC Black Edition?
>>
I have a FTW 1070 and I got one with no pads. EVGA actually sent me a new one with them preinstalled (even waived all RMA fees), their customer service is pretty based to be honest. I can respect that they at least admitted they fucked up and offered a fix quick. I've seen a video on applying them, and it's pretty easy.
>>
>>57743538
nvidia oem > zotac >> evga
>>
>>57743584
The FTW edition is actually fairly cheap on Amazon right now. Does it just have more overclocking potential? It also required an extra power connector. Is it worth it for someone that's not really interested in OCing?
>>
>>57743580
They charge you to RMA stuff
They won't upgrade based on what you paid (many companies do this 100% of the time if new shit is out)
They make you pay for expedited shipping they don't even send you a label
They take forever to do the RMA process
They won't let you upgrade and pay the difference
>>
>>57743651
Higher base and boost clock out the box. They're the higher binned chips so they are marginally better overclockers. Also has RGB lights if you're into that. I didn't really care that much but it was a nice bonus since I prefer to get the higher binned chips from the silicon jew.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.