[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The ultimate goal is working as a research scientist on topics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: k3xljb3oxdbx.jpg (81KB, 1023x693px) Image search: [Google]
k3xljb3oxdbx.jpg
81KB, 1023x693px
The ultimate goal is working as a research scientist on topics relating to networking security

Which of these is the best option:
>Bachelor of Science (computer science)
>Bachelor of information technology (computer science)
>Bachelor of engineering (honours)/bachelor of information technology
>Bachelor of information technology/bachelor of mathmatics
>>
>>57731276
god damnit, why these stock pictures exists
>>
Bachelor of Science (cs)
There are no shortcuts to becoming a good science man
>>
File: hacker-stock-9.jpg (85KB, 638x752px) Image search: [Google]
hacker-stock-9.jpg
85KB, 638x752px
>>57731288
>>
>>57731276
I guess it depends of the school. I did a bachelor in computer science and we only had a few lessen about networking security. They only teach us how to avoid them while develop. But I think you should find major which are more complete about and I think that computer science in general isn't a waste for you
>>
File: COUNTER TERRORISTS WIN.jpg (458KB, 1500x1100px) Image search: [Google]
COUNTER TERRORISTS WIN.jpg
458KB, 1500x1100px
>>57731276
Mathematics, CS is barely above pajeet tier and you might be able to get a job in finance if security doesn't work out.

Hope you have mathematical turboautism.
>>
You should wait until you have actually gotten research experience before deciding it is something you want to do.
>>
>>57731320
When I was in the psych ward I read a book on algebra and another book on Python programming.

I even got offered to be the maths tutor to another patient by his mother when we were both released.
>>
>>57731276
Not a single one.
Major in Electronics engineering with a specialization in networking, thats the only way you will be able to actually research the Network market since it all runs on embed Devices anyways that are either RISC based.
>>
>>57731502
Or Intel based*

Somehow I skipped posting that.
>>
>>57731276
Get a degree before setting becoming a research scientist as a goal.
>>57731320
This really is dependent on your uni. If it is decent your cs program should have a lot of math/theory.
Going from math to netsec also isn't going to be trivial.

>>57731414
School algebra or "real" algebra? There is a pretty significant difference. Being good at calculating stuff doesn't mean you're good at doing proofs.
>>
Honours program and do work irl
>>
File: IMG_20161114_110941.jpg (1009KB, 1080x1382px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161114_110941.jpg
1009KB, 1080x1382px
>>57731276
There's just one issue with the bachelor of IT....
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.