[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck are people so obsessed with stupid shit on their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

Why the fuck are people so obsessed with stupid shit on their phones?

What the fuck is wrong with modern technological innovation?

>viewing angles
Yeah so literally anyone can see what's on my screen

>no bezel phablets
Yeah so the edge of my hand can cause accidental touches when I try using my 6.4 inch phone with one hand

>thinner = better
Feels like a twig. It'll break too easy and it's too thin to comfortably hold.

>no SD
Fuck you fucking fucks I had to suffer 27GB on my nexus 5 for 2.5 years and I fucking hate google and apple for it.

>6GB ram
My fucking laptop has 4GB. Why the fuck does a phone need 6 fucking GB ram? My nexus 5 worked perfectly with 2GB. My HTC desire s worked great with 768MB, my fucking xperia x10i worked fantastic with only 256MB. What's with all the modern bloat?

>10 or 8 or 6 or 4 core processors
WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK EVEN AMD DIDN'T MAKE A 10 CORE HOUSEFIRE WITH VISHERA AND MEDIATEK THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA. What the fuck do you do on your phone that it would need more than one or 2 cores? Video rendering?

>23MP cameras
Yeah fuck you sony.
Give me a 12MP f1.8 camera with 1.8 µm pixels for taking pictures of my dick at 2AM.
>>
i fucking hear that. I hate using my phone in public while standing still and people are around because i know they at least glance at the screen. people at work literally read my contacts out loud while I'm texting. fuck this meme.
>>
>>57730940
The one thing I don't think anybody can defend is the obsession with thinness/weight with laptops

I just don't fucking get it. How often are these people moving their laptops around so that 2kg is unbearable compared to 1kg?

How the fuck did people just run out of space in their bags so they need that extra 0.5cm of space?

Somehow they think less ports = better because it looks more slick. It's a fucking computer, not a fashion accessory that lets you browse instagram
>>
>>57731753
With laptops I get because they can be big and heavy, but there needs to be not thin laptops too.

I love my t100ta though.
>>
>>57731753
>It's a fucking computer, not a fashion accessory that lets you browse instagram
but it is, look at the market, there is a demand, thats just it
>>
>>57730940
>>no SD
Who is obsessed with this?
>>
>>57731836
Google, Apple, modern Samsung, LeEco.

Xiaomi mi doesn't have it. Zuk z2 doesn't have it.
It's becoming more popular to just not bother with it and just try to push Cloud services instead
>>
>>57731836
If device dies, data in internal memory typically dies with it, however memory cards usually survive. Android handling of memory cards is not very good, but it is better than nothing.
>>
Because since tech has become consumer-oriented instead of professionist-oriented they have to bring "innovations" that seems good instead of improving less flashy stuff but in a way that it would actually improve QoL.

I may be wrong, but I blame Apple in the first place.
They were the first to discover that something looking good sells better than something actually good.
Then everybody followed up in this logic of appearence over substance.
>>
File: 570b50e0c3618851298b45cf.jpg (103KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
570b50e0c3618851298b45cf.jpg
103KB, 900x500px
>>57734370
This.

Also product life cycles as in everything else in life.
Why the fuck would a company make the perfect phone that worked perfectly and provided everything? You'd never buy the new model . That's why
>>
>>57731753
>It's a fucking computer, not a fashion accessory that lets you browse instagram
Wrong, the clearest example is the MacBook.
>>
>>57731651
stop using your phone at work you stupid cunt, it's unprofessional.
>>
>>57730940
I agree with all of this except:
>6GB RAM
That just means your phone stays current longer. My Moto G3 only has 1GB, runs Nougat just fine. But eventually it'll be too far behind to run new apps well.

Because why the fuck not. My G3 has a quad, lasts for about three days of moderate use on a full charge.

>23MP cameras
Again, why the fuck not. Androids with good cameras took away the only legitimate argument iFaggots had. I get to take high-resolution pictures of my dick at 2AM.
>>
>>57736773
>>57736258
my phone has twice as much ram, a higher resolution screen, and twice as many cpu cores as my laptop
yes, they're 5 years apart, but still, damn
>>
>>57736047
what kind of pathetic hell hole do you live in that they don't give you breaks or meal times?
>>
>>57736773
>Why does a phone need that much ram?
Because mobile development is a shitfest

Just install Facebook app on a phone with 1GB RAM and see that motherfucker slowing down until is almost impossible to use it
>>
>>57736047
>unprofessional

I have a profession cockmunch, therefore I am a professional. I don't need to act like shit.
>>
>>57731753

But they are.

Phones are literally just handbags that let you browse facebook and to take slutty pictures with.
>>
>>57735420

Doesn`t really matter, smartphones break all the time anyway. Most wont make it through a few years even
>>
>>57737679
>it's not a bad idea to upgrade every 2 years

How is it a good idea?

>latest specs and shit.

What for?
>>
>>57730940
Decent viewing angles are good, so you don't have to hold the phone facing exactly towards your face to be able to see shit on the screen.

Also, at least on Android the apps use a fuckload of RAM, so it's kinda necessary to have a lot of RAM to be able to switch between them without it being a huge pain. Of course apps using ridiculous amounts of RAM is a problem and just dumping more RAM on phones isn't a great solution, it helps to alleviate the symptom.
>>
>>57737766
>facing exactly towards your face

Meaning you don't have to hold it in a perfect angle to be able to see. Situations where this might come in handy could be when just quickly taking your phone from your pocket to check it. You don't have to hold it right in front of your face to be able to see if it has good viewing angles. Or checking your phone when it's on a table. Or a multitude of other scenarios. Surely you can come up with a few if you think about it.

In any case, a lot of those original complaints were kinda silly since a lot of those things aren't hampering the normal use in any way and many of them are actually enhancing it.
>>
>>57736258
>>23MP cameras
>Again, why the fuck not.
Because it means more densly packed pixels that get less light each and that are more subject to noise, fuckwit.
Anything more than 10MP is useless bloat.
As OP said, better trying to improve by having a true f1.8, you ignorant nigger
>>
>>57737634
>Doesn`t really matter, smartphones break all the time anyway. Most wont make it through a few years even
not if you look after them
my dad's had his iPhone 4s sisnce release date and it still works perfectly
>>
>>57740755
>ishit
>working at all after a year

Fuck off shill.
>>
>>57740779
>shilling for something that probably isn't even in production anymore
if you jjust don't treat phones like toys it's easy to make phones last ages. in the last 15 years he's had 3 phones and one of which he only had to stop using because the battery exploded from the heat on holiday
my last 5 has lasted me a while
>>
>>57730940
>Feels like a twig. It'll break too easy and it's too thin to comfortably hold.

You left out "no room for a real battery"

>What's with all the modern bloat?

Java VMs and multiple inheritance. Modern Lagroid is a painful experience with any less than 2GB of RAM.

>What the fuck do you do on your phone that it would need more than one or 2 cores?

Nobody can seem to figure out how to accurately and promptly scale processor cores to conserve power in real-world scenarios, so they instead run numerous low power cores they can just shut down entirely.

>23MP cameras

Whole lot of good a dense CCD does you with all of a pinhole's worth of light, too.
>>
>live in communist regime
>phone with non-replaceable battery: $40 added electronics recycling fee on purchase
>phone with replaceable battery: $40 added electronics recycling fee on purchase
>>
>>57740849
>put smartphone in back pocket
>sit down
>*crack*

I know, lets make the screen even bigger
>>
>>57741570
>live in communist regime
>be glad to get daily ration of stale bread
>wait for years to attain a license to be able to buy a phone
>once you get license you must hand out years worth of salary to buy said phone
>phone only has a limited amount of apps, nothing more can be added
>have to buy a phone from a democratic country to have any further functionality

Get on my level
>>
>get new phone
>2gb ram
>its slow as fuck out of the box
>check memory viewer thing
>1gb used by just background android shit
>chrome gets to share a whole 1gb ram with other stupid processes that fuck the whole gui if you force stop them
Phones need tons of ram to overcome pajeets programming
>>
>>57730940
I can do everything from my phone. Meet with clients (Facetime), get a ride (Uber), get laid (Tinder, Snapchat), do some shopping (Amazon) pay for things in the real world (Apple Pay), get inspired (Instagram), kill time (Netflix, Youtube, Clash of Clans), etc. IMO it's weird if you don't have a smartphone or use a smartphone for most things, only an antisocial loser would do that.
>>
>>57742235
>put smartphone in back pocket
Instant retard alert
>>
>>57736773
>They're still selling 2GB laptops...
And you can still buy phones with 512MB of RAM, that doesn't mean it is good
>>
File: davenowhas7eyes.jpg (152KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
davenowhas7eyes.jpg
152KB, 1000x1000px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QNiZfSsPc0
if you watch the video
it's basically long range
real time map of everything in your room
interpreted in real time

phones are getting easier to use!
and now fit in your pocket!
>>
>>57730940
>Why the fuck are people so obsessed with stupid shit on their phones?
Why is /g/ so fucking obsessed with consumer whore trash? I thought this was the technology board not the shopping board.
>>
>>57737424
Eat shit and fucking die, normalfag.
>>
>>57747448
what a shitty post

delete this, now
>>
>>57738822
Ypy never check your phone when it's on the table or quickly take it out of your pocket without bringing it up to your face?

In any case, it's not like good viewing angles are hampering your experience of using it, which is why it's a strange complaint.
>>
>>57730940
>viewing angles
So you won't stress your eyes looking at inverted tn colors. If you don't like when someone is looking behind your shoulder, tear off the polarizer film and make your own glasses out of it.
>no bezel phablets
eventually palm rejection algorythms will advance and there will be not ghost touches.
>thinner = better
Apparently it is at a certain degree, but only if they used better materials for casing lke graphene or titanium and also invented higher capacity thin batteries.
>no SD
this is not 2005, granddad. UFS cards are in current year.
>6GB ram
Say hello to pajeets who write """apps""" and websites today
Also, why would not they put more memory if they can?
You do not understand how ARM cpu works. Come back later when you do some research on this topic.
>23MP cameras
It is just a microelectronics progress. They try to stuff as much photoelements as they can every year, anyways it is cheaper than previous year's 12MPix sensor. What more important is image processing, noise canseling, high fps video recording, also dual cameras improve image quality.
>>
>>57742649
>You have to be over 18 to visit this site.
>>
>>57742684

Smartphones are fragile even with whatever memeglass they use.
>>
>>57730940
>when you're getting older

maybe tech isn't for you anymore gramps
>>
>>57731774
IMO being compact is way more important than being thin.

Unless you are retarded and just pack everything right next to each other until your backpack runs out of horizontal space.
>>
>>57748357
>>57748095
>>57746928

Not if you buy chink apparently...
>>
Is there some way to reduce the resolution and the CPU usage on a phone so I can save extra battery?
>>
Have x86 Intel N3060 Dual Core, and Sony Z3C Quad Core

By rights the Z3C should be faster, the shitty Intel runs things at 3 times the speed,

Why? No fucking Java Abstraction Layer.
>>
>>57748129
>this is not 2005, granddad. UFS cards are in current year.

Will they melt my phone and catch fire? they are a samsung invention afterall.
>>
>>57749229
You can downclock the cpu to use less power, but decreasing resolution won't affect battery life by more than a few minutes.
>>
>>57748129
>ufs
And what if your phone died?
How will your get all your date off?
>>
>>57749315
with a cloth, really /g/, stop jizzing on things.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.