[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to make a desktop game like Runescape classic? Refer to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: hqntp.png (77KB, 514x341px) Image search: [Google]
hqntp.png
77KB, 514x341px
How to make a desktop game like Runescape classic?

Refer to the image. That's exactly what I want to create from scratch. For fun!

I know a bit of c++. Read several of Stroustrups' books.
>>
Now learn OpenGL, it's not that hard.
And don't bother with Vulkan unless you really care about performance.
>>
>>57730105
Doing it with C++ is masochism.

1. Learn C#.
2. DL Lynda Unity tutorials.
>>
>>57730317
>c#
>>
>>57730353
Anything except C is shit guise!
>maymays :^)
>>
visual basic or no balls
>>
>>57730105
Exactly this >>57730281
OpenGL is easy to use and not that difficult to get used to.
>>
>>57730105
But do you know Lisp? You can't make this without Lisp.
>>
learn some c, opengl, a framework like sdl for window creation and get into socket programming (check out beejs guide). its pretty simple, really
>>
File: slaves to armok 1.jpg (20KB, 640x304px) Image search: [Google]
slaves to armok 1.jpg
20KB, 640x304px
slaves to armok 1 always reminded me of rsc.
>>
>>57730317

> I can't go into real programming. C# SAVE ME

Pathetic.
>>
>>57730105
Find some opengl java bindings, lwjgl is good. You might even consider using kotlin or other hipster languages.
>>
>>57730498
So yeah I am going to attempt this.
Already worked with OpenGL but gave up after finding it hard to load models...

>>57730924
Looks quite good.
How to code in minimap click functionality? seems complex.
>>
Even though it's shit. I say Game maker studio. You can get enough performance with those graphics and can port it to anything with minimal effort.
>>
>>57730317
unity is dogshit. the overhead would kill an MMO
>>
> 2016
> Not using c# and Unity / Unreal
>>
File: 0a ccmen.png (177KB, 935x3115px) Image search: [Google]
0a ccmen.png
177KB, 935x3115px
>>57731032
>looks quite good
slaves to armok 1 is what was abandoned before making slaves to armok 2: dwarf fortress, specifically because it looked terrible.

but I agree it does actually look great considering the number of people working on it.

>>57731424
to be honest if you're just wanting to make a game for fun and it's about making the game and not about making something profitable or coding, this is the way to go. I had a relatively sophisticated runescape clone going when I was fourteen years old using a free version of game maker back in the day, I still have shitloads of spritesheets from the project though unfortunately I lost the exe over the years.
>>
>>57731453
That's an issue if you have shit servers and computers running the game. Fuck, even Nintendo is using Unity right now. Why would want anyone to spend so much time writing code for fucking rendering the game. That's why Unity, Unreal and CryEngine exists. Stop being autist.
>>
>not writing your games in C using only the Windows API/XCB + Vulkan

Don't ever talk to me or my GPU again.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.