[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do DACs actually work or they're just a forced meme? Music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1480240678841.jpg (17KB, 350x353px) Image search: [Google]
1480240678841.jpg
17KB, 350x353px
Do DACs actually work or they're just a forced meme?

Music sounds the same to me.

(I'm using philips shp 9500, k1 DAC and 320 mp3)
>>
>>57727520
they work for their intended purpose: to replace the one on your mobo

its only good if you have a shit one that doesnt stop electrical noise or whatever its called (static/noise in your headphones when plugged in and not listening to anything)
>>
digital to analog conversion is a meme
>>
>>57727520
Its a meme. Use the mainboard's dac and invest in a good amplifier if you need one.
>>
Not a meme if you listen to high bit rate flac recordings of a perfectly Clean vinyl disk or studio released version of the flac file. For the average mp3 or streaming music it's a waste of money unless noise is being introduced as the other among have mentioned.
>>
>>57728848
>noisy digital singal
>>
>>57727520
Didn't we have this exact thread this morning?
>>
>spend money on shitty hardware
>buy some DAC because somebody else said it'll make your audio files sound much better
>using lossy encodes as source material

REGARDLESS OF THE BITRATE IT'S FUCKING LOSSY MATERIAL THAT'S LOST 90% OF THE ORIGINAL SIGNAL FROM BEING ENCODED IN THE LOSSY FORMAT YOU FUCKING IDIOTS SO OF COURSE IT'S GOING TO SOUND SHITTY BY COMPARISON
>>
>>57727520
>Uses dac to hear more details
>Mp3 320
How can you be so fucking retarded
>>
>>57727520
>not using flac found your problem
>>
>>57728059
actually, i can hear the difference between my mid high end gigabutt mobo and cheapest shit ever msi mobo.
>>
If you can't tell the difference does it really matter if it works better?
>>
>>57730309
This kind of logic is dangerous on /g/.
>>
>>57730301
>No model numbers to even start comparing componentry or useless specs

I bet you can't.
>>
>>57730327
>>57730309
This is the redpill I took with audio products. People buying $1000 headphones are literally insane.
>>
>>57730378
That much on headphones/speakers is honestly fine if the signature fits what they like. That much on a DAC or amp is ridiculous.
>>
>>57730349
Not him but usually you get a ton of noise on shitty onboard DACs, but beyond that I doubt there would be a noticeable difference
>>
i can distinguish mp3 256 from 320 and 320 from flac. i used various online blind tests and got 90% accuracy. that said, i switched from my asus onboard audio to a scarlett 2i2 2nd gen, and the difference was definitely noticable.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.