[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ammendment to Bill puts VPN users on FBI watch-list and green

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (6KB, 267x189px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 267x189px
The dust has settled, boys. Throw out your VPN's before the DOJ puts you on its hit-list

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20161122/10381536112/bill-introduced-to-push-back-approval-dojs-proposed-rule-41-changes.shtml
>>
>>57725775
How stupid is this bill?

Many corp networks rely on VPN tunnels...

Oh they must criminals then

fucking retards
>>
This was inevitable and it is only just the beginning
>>
Good. Only terrorists and pedophiles use a VPN anyway.
>>
File: ShockAndAwe.png (103KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
ShockAndAwe.png
103KB, 300x300px
>>57725775
This is the most retarded bill i've seen in a long time. There's no way they won't repeal this shit in a couple of months. They're screwing over lots of legitimate businesses.
>>
>>57725801
>what are waivers tho?
>>
>>57725775
Just wait, this will all be Trump's fault somehow
>>
>>57725947
The FBI/DOJ will restrain itself until this is the new normal, then they will overstep their bounds, but it will be too late, it's business as usual by then.
>>
>>57725775
>tfw outside jurisdiction
>inb4 they have no jurisdiction
>>
definitely a violation of the right to peaceably assemble.
>>
Who even cares? What are they going to do to me?
>>
>>57725775
Once again, Franken and Wyden are the only two Senators who know a god damn thing about technology.
>>
>>57725801
VPN tunnels are pretty typical in orgs with multiple sites, some orgs connect with upstream vendors and suppliers with VPN links.

Fuck, even the Government (pre-much any) use VPN connections for secure remote connections for the same reasons.
>>
The big lobbyists in town are the defense contractors, who, like any other company, relies on VPNs to secure access to their networks.
They will drop a few hints to the congressmen they've bought to vote against this.
>>
>>57727093
>Fuck, even the Government (pre-much any) use VPN connections for secure remote connections for the same reasons.

The us government uses VPNs for fucking everything, even if it isnt a big security issue if the data was leaked.
>>
>>57726985
>rights
>after 1980
Pick one, specifically the latter unless you've got a time machine.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.