[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>wake up >read news > "they're making a flying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

>wake up
>read news
> "they're making a flying car-drone" on CNN
> turn on comp
> go to reddit
> Futurology posts
> SELF AWARE AI GOING TO DESTROY US ANY TIME NOW
> JOBS GOING AWAY - FULL AUTOMATION IS HERE, UNIVERSAL INCOME NOW
> NANO TECH IS HERE
> VR IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD WE UPLOAD OURSELVES INTO VR NAO
look outside window
nothing is happening
where the fuck is the future?

anyone else feels this crazy disconnect about what we read online and what is actually outside in the world ?
>>
Pop-science for normies, don't fall for that shit
>>
>>57720707
this
General artificial intelligence is not happening for another 50-100 years and you should really not just every cgp grey leddit-tier video on that matter.
>>
>>57720707
There's nothing going on. When will the future come?

The only thing that is kind of futuristic is the Smartphones we all have

Everything else is still shit.

I want to live in a futuristic utopia, will it ever happen, say, in 20, 30 years?

Fucking Singularitarians trolled me to believe their meme.
>>
File: electionresults.jpg (62KB, 620x330px) Image search: [Google]
electionresults.jpg
62KB, 620x330px
>>57720667
>crazy disconnect about what we read online and what is actually outside in the world
pretty much, yes

the web is its own bubble. Bigger than 10 years ago, but still, a bubble
>>
Most of the time, the future is nothing like we imagine it to be. Progress is often more subtle and you do not realize it right away. So it is happening right now, but not like some kids on reddit want it to.
>>
It's almost like the nuclear car shit from the 50s.

The only thing that significantly changed our lifestyles was something no one even thought of 3 years prior, and it was the motherfucking iPhone which spawned a storm of other smartphones.

>90% ELECTRIC CARS BY 2019
>95% OF JOBS DONE BY ROBOTS IN 2021
>LITERALLY EVERY GAME WILL BE VR IN 2022

yadda yadda

The future looks grim, but I don't expect robots to be the cause of it, so I might as well enjoy what I have right now before they implement fucking Sharia law in my country.
>>
It's because the wired is a layer seperate from the world, with its own god.
>>
>>57720894
>implement fucking Sharia law in my country.
Soooo... are you English, German or Swedish?
>>
>>57720943
German
>>
File: 91EjXGMQ0AL._SL1500_.jpg (335KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
91EjXGMQ0AL._SL1500_.jpg
335KB, 1500x1500px
>>57721001
>he fell for the sharia-in-germany-meme
>>
>>57721100
Well whenever I turn on German TV there's some pink hair transgendered nu-she-female transvestite on some talk show

I think Shariah would actually be good for them, they're too degenerate.
>>
>>57721205
edgy as fuck
>>
>>57720767
>mfw I won't be young and handsome for when we have pocket general AIs with scarlett johansson voices as waifus
>I have no face
>I'll be dead by then
>>
File: 1443700015691.jpg (36KB, 530x396px) Image search: [Google]
1443700015691.jpg
36KB, 530x396px
>>57721100
>he fell for the GrĂ¼nen meme
>>
there's a difference between a tech that has been developed and how long it takes to reach the average person

too many people assume that a tech being reached = its suddenly available

see VR...it's available but alot of people dont have it
>>
>>57720667
>go to reddit
you have to go back, ese
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.