[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this pajeet right? is math that important? I doubt majo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: enough.jpg (7KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
7KB, 316x202px
is this pajeet right?

is math that important?

I doubt majority of this meme board would be able to do anything more advenced that addiction

>Right now, there’s a cultural push to untie the historical link between advanced math and programming that could partially deter engineers from entering the field. But those who have a strong foundation in math will have the best jobs of the future. Let’s stop separating math from programming for short-term relief and, instead, focus on fundamental, unchanging truths with which we’ll engineer the future.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/vivekravisankar/2016/05/31/the-immutability-of-math-and-how-almost-everything-else-will-pass/
>>
>>57719713
Everything on forbes.com is sensationalist bullshit
>>
File: 1479205929302.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1479205929302.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>>57719713
Being well-versed in math is the only thing that separates a good programmer from a pajeet that has memorized the entire specification of Java but can only write cumbersome and unoptimized code.
>>
The most valuable positions in the near future are in machine learning / data science and those are applied and theoretical mathematics. It also helps a lot if you know what makes a good algorithm fast. If you just want to be the low level guy implementing stuff then sure you won't need as much math knowledge. But you won't be the one taking decisions and leading projects.
>>
Who are you going to listen to... some india nigger or alan kay...

https://youtu.be/oKg1hTOQXoY?t=7m12s
>>
>>57720134
No. It's one of the two things. Basic engineering skills are needed as well. And I mean basic. The number of outsourced projects I've seen that failed at very basic engineering is staggering.
>>
>>57719713
What kind of math are we talking about? Calculus, Diff EQ? all irrelevant for a programming job unless you are going into writing math software. Now Discrete Math, Logic, and Statistics I use all the time.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.