[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to secretly sabotage someone's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_4905.png (5KB, 365x241px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4905.png
5KB, 365x241px
What's the best way to secretly sabotage someone's computer? I know a bit about computers, I've built one myself, but what would be the best means by which to permenantly break a computer.

My little brother is addicted to computer games and talking online with his friends. Since we have thin walls, my brothers late night chats keep me up at night. I've asked him to stop, but he doesn't. When I ask my mother to make him stop, she makes a compromise that he ends up breaking. Tonight, things got heated and my mother tried to carry away the monitor, at which point my little brother assaulted her. My mother is fairly weak willed, and I couldn't get her to press the issue further, despite her nursing a bruised face. I want to end my little brother's addiction and restore peace to my family. Please help me.
>>
>>57709752
how about some thicker walls dude
>>
>>57709911
Forget the walls, he needs thicker skin. Whatever it's bothering your feelings is keeping you up OP not your brother's snickering into the night. Get help
>>
Ear plugs. Have you heard of them?
>>
QoS
>>
File: Sledgehammer.jpg (103KB, 1230x406px) Image search: [Google]
Sledgehammer.jpg
103KB, 1230x406px
>>57709752
>best means by which to permenantly break a computer.
pic related
>>
just shut down the internet router at night. No need to mess with his stuff
>>
>>57709752
>install hard keystroke logger
>find out his fetishes
>steal his passwords
>read personal conversations
>????
>profit
>>
>>57709752
Unless he knows anything about computers you could just take a component out and he wouldn't know why it won't run. But what would stop him from buying another computer?
>>
USB killer
>>
>>57709911
>>57709942
>>57709960

all these bitches takin the little bro's side lmao
>>
>>57710060
that sounds more like instructions for him to fuck his brother
>>
>>57710011
Parents get mad at that
>>
>>57709752
use a usb killer
>>
>>57710111
*spreads boipucci* lmao u gay or something
>>
>>57709752
Format his hard drive and make it a ext4 filesystem, he won't be able to reinstall the os unless he figure out how to create a ntfs one.
>>
>>57709752
looooool

he hit your mom
he bruised her

and you didn't do anything?

push the issue again

and fuck him up you pathetic excuse for a human being
>>
>>57709911
It's my parents house I can't install bigger walls
>>57709942
I can't sleep if someone's screaming in the other room. It's not a matter of feelings
>>57709992
I have a feeling that isn't very subtle
>>57710060
He has no reputation to tarnish, he's already a disgusting neet with no real life friends
>>57710072
He built it (well, not that well. He bought 16 gugs of ram). He would probably find out something is missing though
>>57710078
>>57710126
Explain
>>57710177
I do but I my parents get mad at me when I bring up punishing him. I don't resort to physical violence because I'm better than that. I guess I'll keep bringing it up though.
>>
>>57709752
>>57709911
>american walls
>>
>>57710206
USB killer is a fake usb stick with capacitors or whatever they're called in it. It harnesses the power of the computer to gather electric charge, and then discharge it at the computer, destroying the CPU or other components. They don't sell it at your local store. It's a pretty new concept, just heard about it recently here on /g/.

Can't your brother just like... talk quiet at night? I guess with how you described him, he isn't the type to.
>>
is this your bro?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWv2aVJLBiw
>>
>>57710206
a usb killer is a bunch of capacitors made to look like a flash drive that charges up off the computer's power and dumps a lot of electricity into the usb port all at once, killing the port and in most cases it kills the whole computer
>>
>>57709752
unplug system fans

install sound paneling
>>
>>57710256
>>57710251
Isn't this stopped by a fuse on the port?
>>
>>57710206
Nigga he bruised your mom

take the computer while he is away

give it to your friend
or sell it idk

deny knowledge

if he tries to fight you
he's your little brother, you should have have no problem making him your bitch
>>
File: 1479000933430.png (1MB, 1596x672px) Image search: [Google]
1479000933430.png
1MB, 1596x672px
>>57710206
Set the router to shut off traffic to his system after a certain time.
Set a router password.
Keep the password only in your head.

Works WONDERS
>>
>>57710256
>>57710251
This actually sounds good. Dumb question, but does it work on locked computers?
>>
Magnets
>>
Grow the fuck up, you pathetic piece of shit.
>>
>>57710270
That'll over heat the system, right? I kinda like that idea. The crashing will look more natural.
>>
>>57710352
put a regular flash drive in the computer while it's locked
if it lights up then the usb killer will work

>>57710364
better than unplugging is cutting cables inside the case
typically a cable management area sectioned off from the rest of the case you can hide the break in
>>
throw some thermite on him then set it on fire.
or on the computer.

or just throw him out.
>>
>>57710124
>>57710312
>>57710352
You can set it to only shut off network traffic to his machine.

Or throttle him to a crawl.
3kb/s sounds nice.

It would be very hard for him to figure out what's going wrong and very quick to make him shut up.
>>
>>57709752

> strip a few inches of copper wire

> sand off a small pile of copper dust with 80 or 100 grit sandpaper

> scoop into straw

> blow straw out into computer, especially targeting mother board, PSU and GPU

Some time in the next few boots Something will Happen.

Try not to be too obvious with large grains of copper dust, and don't try to blow 3 or 4 grams all over everything. Use smallish amounts in targeted areas. Repeat after a few days if you don't get success the first try. The goal here is to ensure that he never figures out what exactly happened. It will take years off his life trying to figure it out & trace the problem.

You might even be able to pull it off on his replacement rig.

However. this does not address the root problem of both of you being assholes. Sounds like you deserve chewing on each other.
>>
>>57709752
Make a program that will randomly kill his task such as chrome.exe or his games when they are launched. Have it in his startup folder so the exe or jar will be executed every time he boots
>>
are you incapable of kicking the shit out of your little brother? put the fear into him
>>
>>57710403
He demanded my parents install an ethernet cable leading to his room. Would throttling still work?
>>
OP,

I did this once. Get a 9-volt battery and drag the contacts around on the motherboard a bit. Did it for 5-10 seconds and the computer never turned on again. No need to buy anything fancy.

If it leaves scorch marks or a smell or anything it just looks like the motherboard failed.
>>
>>57710420
Hmm... This could work as well. I'll look into it.
>>
>>57709752
>remove PSU from case
>carefully remove any warranty/anti-tamper stickers
>open PSU up
>remove fan
>remove sticker covering the PCB/conenctions from fan
>carefully disconnect a single wire if it's a 2 pin fan, 2 if it's a 3 pin one
>reattach sticker, reinstall fan, close up PSU, reapply any labels

A 'smart' PSU might drastically throttle due to no cooling, most will just fry.

PSUs dying like this isn't unheard of, especially for cheaper models, and all that vibration from a fan can't be good for the solder joints on a 99 cent part from china, right?
>>
>>57710445
I'm not an animal. I'm not him. I refuse to stoop to violence. I want to see him get better and that's why I want to destroy the system that perpetuates his shittiness
>>
>>57710450
Yes.
You can throttle over a solid connection and there will be no hardware damage like other methods, completely reversible.
And you can dig it in gradually 1MB a day as well as loosening the vice on occasion to make sure he can't figure out what's doing it.

Time it if you can to make sure he gets some early morning daylight and dusk slowness so that neet gets outside.
>>
>>57710450
As long as you have control of the router, definitely.

Why not remove the button cell on his mainbaord that's keeping the time and shit and replace it with a dead one though.
>>
>>57710470
I like this solution. I think one of the best ways to make it subtle is cutting a fan
>>
>>57709752
deletion of the 32nd system
>>
>>57710501
>>57710492
Hm... This could work. As long as I ease in to it and make him fail to realize what's going on this could be a less destructive solution. Fortunately, I have access to the router controls.
>>
>>57710544
inb4 he's destroying your PC for 'downloading anime all night so I can't game'
>>
>>57710206
>I don't resort to physical violence because I'm better than that
Spoken like a true faggot.
>>
>>57710355
Best response ITT
>>
>>57709752
>Log into router
>go to mac address blacklist
>add his network adapter to the blacklist
no harm done to his computer and it's pretty easy to reverse if needed.
>>
>>57709752
You sound like such a little faggot.
>>
>>57710470
I actually want to see the outcome of a psu with no fan now.
>>
>>57710601
it would be quieter
>>
>Walk into room.
>Punch child in face.
>Take computer from child.
>????
>Profit.
>>
>>57710476
you said he assaulted your mother, you're gonna stand by and let your little brother attack your mom and instead try to fuck up his computer

ok
>>
Discipline the child for hitting his parent you beta cuck.
>>
>>57710618
No, I just came up with that so you guys would give me ideas. I can't play LoL at night because of his constant streaming.
>>
>>57709752
nick cage chrome extension
>>
>>57710690
>I can't play LoL at night because of his constant streaming.
Global rule 2: You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.
>>
File: flowerred.gif (512B, 24x16px) Image search: [Google]
flowerred.gif
512B, 24x16px
>>57709752
>Since we have thin walls, my brothers late night chats keep me up at night.

Might I suggest a $0.05 pair of earplugs?
>>
>>57710143
OP I know you ignored this post but you should do this
>>
INSTALL FUCKING GENTOO
>>
>>57710690
>plot twist: we were talking to the little brother allalong
>>
>>57710726

tfw 33 years old and play LoL because I haven't been capable of holding my own in FPS games since Unreal Tournament
>>
>>57710251

Exactly what they said. USB killer

Place it outside your house so he finds it and is dumb enough to use it

He'll never know it's you
>>
>>57710583
tihs
>>
>take a shit, get some of it on a butter knife
>open up his PC and remove the CPU cooler
>wipe off the thermal paste with a microfiber cloth
>take the butter knife and spread the shit on his CPU
>put the cooler back on

The next time he turns on his PC, it won't start and it'll smell like burnt feces.
>>
>>57710885
>it won't start

It will, modern CPUs just thermal throttle but it should be enough to boot into the OS.
>>
>>57710206
Physical violence is a good thing sometimes. Avoiding it when he attacks your mom does not make you better than him. Protect your mom, you idiot
>>
>>57710906
He'll still be in for a surprise if he ever figures out that cooling is the issue and decides to remove the cooler.
>>
>>57710799
Too obvious isn't it? I want him to think it was an accident and move on
>>57710690
Very funny

I'm heading to sleep, I'll use some of your ideas though, so thanks.
>>
Don't sabotage his computer. He won't learn anything and he'll just be mad at you forever.

Turn off the electricity to his room at midnight every night, then turn it back on 8 hours later.
>>
>>57709752
>What's the best way to secretly sabotage someone's computer?
How old are you that you have to resort to /g/ for advice on dealing with a younger sibling?

You fucking dumbass, act like an older brother.
>>
File: COUNTER TERRORISTS WIN.jpg (458KB, 1500x1100px) Image search: [Google]
COUNTER TERRORISTS WIN.jpg
458KB, 1500x1100px
>>57709752
Get a bit torrent client, disable uTP, set it to like 20000 max connections, no upload limit, seed a whole lot of linux torrents and use the scheduler to make it only come on at night.
>>
Fake dongle with a capacitor to charge and discharge high current into the motherboard.
>>
>>57710273
yes absolutely. at best you take out the hub.
>>
>>57710470
>how to start a housefire
>>
>>57709752
I know im late to the thread but i relaly hope you see this.

Breaking your little brothers shit wont do anything, itll only end up costing your parents money, and he wont learn anything.

Don't be a bitch and confront him directly. Tell him to stop and if he doesn't youll kick his ass.
>>
File: 1480090188073.png (107KB, 1199x969px) Image search: [Google]
1480090188073.png
107KB, 1199x969px
>>57710352
The USB Killer works all hardware-wise, it doesn't matter if the computer is locked it just needs to be powered on.

It's going to fry the computer's pieces, tho.

Also, magnets.

Try live booting some Gahnoo and deleting his shit.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.