[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All right /g/ I've tried Ubuntu, Solus, LinuxMint, Manjaro,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Tux.svg.png (569KB, 2000x2357px) Image search: [Google]
Tux.svg.png
569KB, 2000x2357px
All right /g/ I've tried Ubuntu, Solus, LinuxMint, Manjaro, Elementary OS, Zorin, Fedora each for at least a week but none of them seem to stick, what am I trying next?
>>
>>57708808
What are you after?

And yea, dont fall for the arch-meme,
>>
Install arch.
>>
>>57708837
>>57708877
both these faggots are wrong
install antergos
or void, if you don't care about repos
>>
install gentoo you fucking newfag.
>>
File: untitled.png (144KB, 695x448px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
144KB, 695x448px
sabayon KDE.
>>
>>57708808
Kill yourself gooker
>>
>>57708837
Still a student in uni so basically text editor and internet. I'm not in CS or anything so to most complicated distro I installed was Fedora.

I also have a decent laptop so resources are not a problem
>>
OpenSUSE
>>
>>57708808
Xubuntu, antergos, sabayon or korora
>>
>>57709055
th istb hfam
>>
>>57708808
You need to stick with ubuntu or mint until you get it
>>
>>57709600
this is my problem, I actually really like Mint and don't want to try anything else, but people on /g/ make fun of me for it :(
>>
File: 1477841737189.png (776KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1477841737189.png
776KB, 1920x1080px
>>57708808

Waste a few lines describing what you did like and did not like with each distro.

Also, what do you want to do with your system?
>>
>>57709638
You should stick with it then. I am an Arch user and /g/ used to make fun of me everyday. But I am still using it. Glad the trolls shifted their attention to Solus.
>>
>>57708808
Arch

no seriously. follow the official wiki guide and it's pretty easy.

I would guess that none of the ones you tried seem to stick because you just don't like the UI. Just install Arch and pick whatever UI you think looks best, problem solved.

Also, the pacman package manager that Arch uses is a lot better than the other distros' package managers.

The "Arch updates breaks your computer" is just a meme. Try it yourself, you might like it
>>
>>57710146
this
>>
Linux from scratch
>>
>>57709638
any solutions for nvidia drivers ? crashed ALL day yesterday and I really like the distro ...
>>
I used to be like you OP but really, what stopped me distro-hopping was getting on with work. I used Arch, its derivatives, OpenSUSE, Fedora, PC-BSD (now TrueOS), and Mint.

In the end, I have a workstation with CentOS and a laptop with Ubuntu. Why? They aren't particularly great, but they aren't bad either. I just have to get on with work. Once you actually have projects to work on, you won't give a shit what distro you are on.
>>
>>57709296
chromeOS or its relatives
papryos, gallium, chromium, etc
>>
>>57708808
If you're afraid of arch install apricity

It's literally the elementaryOS of arch

Can't fuck up the installation and has ICE which is pretty clever and good for making your everyday tasks simpler

If you need barebones pure stability, debian stable but honestly try apricity if you want to dip your toes in to arch

I run it on my X220 because I'm to lazy to go back to debian or pure arch
>>
File: Yuna.jpg (39KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
Yuna.jpg
39KB, 500x450px
>>57708808
In the end you will reach one of these conclusions.

1. Run back to Windows when you need Office and Games and you become sick of shitposting

2. Run to Ubuntu realizing that Unity/Compiz is superior to any garbage distro out there

3. Kill yourself with utter disgust when you look in the mirror realizing you spent a good year of your life doing nothing productive

Let me save you the years of therapy. Quit while you are ahead.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.