[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some must have ISO's on a bootable usb? I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: 2015-07-28_2-57-05.png (92KB, 382x376px) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-28_2-57-05.png
92KB, 382x376px
What are some must have ISO's on a bootable usb? I have a 64gb drive that I need to fill.
>>
>>57705067
customized puppy, and use the rest of the space for saving files from borked systems
>>
>>57705067
None you autistic retard neckbeard. You need a bootable disk, you dd it, you use it, you delete it.

"I have a drive I need to feel" is code for "I have no life and need to spend my time doing stupid useless things on a loop while I wait for death".
>>
>>57705223
It's better to have a drive loaded with isos ready to go. Invest an hour now and it will save you time every time you need a bootable drive.
>>
File: 1479215032800.jpg (117KB, 508x396px) Image search: [Google]
1479215032800.jpg
117KB, 508x396px
>>57705223
>go to clients house to fix pc
>dont have the iso
>download 4gb over adsl
>>
>>57705283
that's if shit even works good enough to let you burn a usb
>>
Hi i am installing arch onto a usb and have used rufus. now when i cdisk i see 2 partitions already created.

sdb1 797m bootable type: empty
sdb2 40m type:EFI (FAT-12/16/32)
freepsace 15G

do i delete those 2 partitions and create new, or do i create new with the remaining 15G. cfdisk will not let me make new since start and end sectors are off.

sdb1 start:0 end: 1632255
sdb2 start:172 end:82091

further when i do try to delete and create new, i get the error can mkfs already mounted.

does rufus create the partitions and mount?
>>
Dban
Parted magic
Ubuntu
Win 7 barebones
>>
64gb of feels
>>
FalconFour
DBAN
Clonezilla
Ubuntu
Tiny7
Kali
Ophcrack
>>
>>57705617
Jesus Christ, if you don't even know what the fuck you're doing, why would you install Arch?
>>
>>57705617
no, its arch linux you have to do that yourself. Go read the WIKI.
>>
Tails. But do it from another USB or DVD, so you can have persistence.
>>
Clonezilla and Acronis or any good alternative to either
>>57705223
You're fucking retarded
>>
Flashed a new install to a flash drive. Getting errors with #'s 71 and 101.

How did I fuck up, /g/?

Debian 7.
>>
how do you put multiples on the same drive?

do you put them in partitions, or just one part with ISO files that a bootloader configuration can chain into?
>>
>>57709111
Maybe they have a separate usb drive they burn, using an iso from the storage one.
>>
wifislax + ubuntu fork of your choice + windows
its what i usually carry
wifislax is super handy for "borrowing" wifi when you travel
>>
>>57706045
read the fucking wiki
>>
File: catintinfoil.jpg (56KB, 446x421px) Image search: [Google]
catintinfoil.jpg
56KB, 446x421px
>>57707860
Doesn't persistence defeat the purpose of Tails?
>>
>>57711555
In Soviet Russia, Tails defeats the purpose of persistence.
>>
>>57705067
>Ctrl + F Hiren
>0 result
lol
Hiren's Boot.
>>
>>57709111
YUMI Multiboot
>>
>>57713080
Except it's XP-based and quite dated. It's ok if you're dealing with pre-2012 hardware, but with newer stuff problematic.

The same goes really for the vast majority of tools which are found on the Ultimate Boot CD. UBCD4Win was also XP-based and has been dead since 2010. It appears that the devs who used to develop good diagnostic/maintenance software in the previous decade have moved on with their lives, and there's hardly anyone to replace them.

Anyway, newer hardware and software is more and more locked down, and the new generation seems more focused on smartphones than on PCs.
>>
>>57705067
How do you intend to make a multi-bootable system?
>>
>>57713296
>YUMI Multiboot
>Windows only tool.
>>
>>57705067
Parted Magic
Clonezilla
Kali
Tails
Xubuntu
Windows
Kaspersky
>>
>>57715088
Linux Based YUMI
The actual source tarball is hidden - for elite only.

for plebeian is Windows edition.
>>
>>57715143
>Linux Based YUMI
>Linux Based YUMI: YUMI for Linux version was broken and is being rewritten.
>>
can someone tldr me on what special things i can do with kali
>>
GRML https://grml.org/

- Based on Debian Jessie
- Has all necessary tools
- Both Legacy and UEFI boot
- Highly customizable thanks to https://grml.org/grml-live/
- Active community
- Addons including: memtest86+, ipxe, FreeDOS
>>
File: 2.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
2.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>57705067
>2016
>Showing your power level
Partition that 64 GB into two partitions.
Make the first FAT32, so it can be used to transport/store data, and it will be recognized by windows without the other partition showing up.
The second partition which will the BIOS recognize as bootable.
Install Puppy linux with XFCE or Slax with KDE, install your VM of your choice then add you preferred ISOs.
>>
>>57705067
i like gparted live usb sticks, i always keep one handy for recovery and wiping drives and reformatting etc...
>>
>>57715857
>that webm
Pure gold.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.