[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I, while browsing 4chan, hover over an [Embed]ded youtube

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

If I, while browsing 4chan, hover over an [Embed]ded youtube video, I will see a thumbnail of the video.

Is the thumbnail loaded from 4chan or have I made a connection with google at that point and google knows I hovered over that link?

check this link out. just hover over the [Embed], dont click. see what I mean?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfP1OG7rs_o
>>
>>57704239
Why the fuck would 4chan thumbnail a youtube video for you?
Dumb cunt.
>>
>>57704239
Most likely.

If you run JS google knows what you see anyway.
And even if you don't, thanks to captcha it still does.

You can run but you can't hide.
>>
>>57704302
>Why the fuck would 4chan thumbnail a youtube video for you?
b-because gook moot likes to protect the privacy of his users?
>>
If you inspect the page, you'll see that your browser loads the thumbnail from http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/mfP1OG7rs_o/mqdefault.jpg

Notice that it's a Google-owned domain, and part of the URL is the video id
>>
>>57704480
>If you inspect the page
thanks, yeah that ytimg is their thumbnail server I believe.

might I ask how you "inspected" the page? I dont know anything about javascript really. did you just do it with firefox's network monitor thingy?
>>
>>57704470
Stupid fuck.

The Embed link is just part of the javascript extension.
>>
>>57704735
>The Embed link is just part of the javascript extension.
well I know JS is involved, but how does that imply that the thumbnail displayed is being loaded from google instead of being cached on 4chan?

>Stupid fuck.
y-you too
>>
File: chromedevtools.png (40KB, 232x381px) Image search: [Google]
chromedevtools.png
40KB, 232x381px
>>57704675
I couldn't find the JS that shows the thumbnail (although I didn't look too hard), but the Chrome developer tools will show you a list of URLs that were loaded on the page. The ytimg.com domain doesn't appear in the list until you hover over the Embed link.
>>
File: jurvascript.png (45KB, 1298x118px)
jurvascript.png
45KB, 1298x118px
>>57704856
>i couldnt find the JS that shows the thumbnail
And this is why you will never be a super hacker.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.