[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the first unibody MacBook Pro the perfect laptop? >less

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0123.jpg (72KB, 580x385px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0123.jpg
72KB, 580x385px
Is the first unibody MacBook Pro the perfect laptop?

>less than $300
>user upgradable RAM
>user upgradable HDD
>user upgradable battery
>super HD display
>best in class stereo speakers
>lightning fast CPU
>discrete GPU
>better-than-ThinkPad Linux & BSD support
>aftermarket parts and accessories are now dirt cheap

Wew lads
>>
>>57702897
>super hd display
this is incorrect. thats why the masterrace macbook pro retinas came out.
>>
>>57702897
besides the fact that the hardware is old, the gpus are meh and the screens are low res

yeah
>>
the display is TN garbage, source I used to own the mid 2012 nMBP

it might be better than some garbage Acer laptops from best buy, but anything <180ppi I'd consider trash in 2016, especially on a laptop when you sit so up close
>>
>>57702897
>1280x800
Nigga.
>>
File: IMG_0124.jpg (44KB, 650x407px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0124.jpg
44KB, 650x407px
>>57702933
>>57702960
>>57702973
>>57702988
>using anything higher than 1600x900 on a laptop

It's like you want shit battery life

1400x900 IPS is patrician tier mobile computing
>>
>>57703044
the only power loss from a higher resolution is from the gpu (which are quite efficient these days). higher res screens do not consume more power and long as they are the same physical size and use the same technology.
>>
>>57703044
it's like you want to torture your eyes

I can't look at unscaled text anymore. Seeing all those jaggies and crap text rendering makes me want to vomit
>>
>>57702897
only /g/ is autistic enough to think a laptop from 5 years ago is better than one from this year because its 'user upgradeable'

yeah, because the max ram is the default minimum of todays machines... incredible what could be sold to you people
>>
>>57705831
>hurr durr 16GB is default minimum

The ONLY reason to get a newer, soldered shut MacBook Retina...or Memebar Pro...is if you really, really love the screen. Otherwise any of the upgradable MBPs are better machines and they are dirt cheap right now. Max the RAM, throw in a SSD, replace the battery if needed: gold.

Moore's Law is dead so CPU speed gains are minimal. The latest GPUs are better, but unless you're a gamer it just doesn't matter. (And if you are a gamer, why the fuck would you be gaming on a MBP?)

I'll take ports and accessibility for upgrades/repairs over memes any day.
>>
>>57702897
The one before that was also god tier.

Damn I hate apple for what they've done to themselves for the last years. They had something of value and they have destroyed it senselessly.
>>
>>57706122
This is what solid reasoning looks like.
>>
>>57703119
>makes me want to vomit
vapid piece of shit
>>
>>57706202
underrated post
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.