[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have an idea for VERY SIMPLE but effective educational software.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: ZMz_bild1b.png (137KB, 650x340px) Image search: [Google]
ZMz_bild1b.png
137KB, 650x340px
I have an idea for VERY SIMPLE but effective educational software. I do PhD at Uni and I could put it there to work tomorrow. It NEEDS to be very specific and very simple – nothing on a market comes close to it.

I want to make business out of it, therefore I don’t want any money from Uni (I would have lost copyright claims and full control over future development).

I can’t code.

I figure I have two options

1 – Let the soft to be made by some third-party company (cost probably too much money)

2 – Learn in less than a year how to create this program (cost course-money and probably too much time)

Anons, but this soft is fucking simple, just txt editor with integrated text mining tools. No big deal.

My soft should be little similar to "Zettelkasten" but much more specific and much more simple.

So, do you have any experience working with soft-development company?

How much time it takes to learn and make something like “Zettelkasten”?

I should maybe ask in /adv but I've found the topic too much tech related.
>>
after quickly having a read of what this Zettelkasten method is my serious recommendation is just be open with your idea and open source it etc. Not only does this method provide any feature that can't already been catered using existing software the entire concept of loose filing makes the amount any such software is worth pretty much nil.
I remember a few years ago everyone was all over highlighting. highlight everything, highlight things in different colors, a few years later it turned out to be bullshit. just my 2 cents
>>
>>57695550
e.g.
http://zettelkasten.de/posts/evernote-project-progress-invitation/
>>
>>57695454
if you're getting paid for your phd, even the stuff you do in your free time is your uni's property. we do most of our research in our free time anyway.
>>
>>57695454
well i lost 6 months developing (((APP))) project that fucking floped. By prepared for it.
In year you can do it easily, it like 3-4 months (6-8 hr a day) you should get MVP, even you u can't code.
from mvp and response to it, you can judge if it is really worth it
>>
Depends on how serious you are about it, if you were to study a little bit every day then I'm sure it could become a reality in a year or two

Creating a text editor isn't necessarily simple, once you start developing it you will notice many things you didn't think about before. One thing that comes to mind is, how do you handle opening very large text files? It's not that simple anymore

Pick a good language and framework with lots of documentation, start reading and working on it day by day. My recommendation is C#
>>
>>57695454
delegate it to some pajeet freelancer.
>>
>>57695603
>>57695609

Thanks, anons. Should I pay for some course, or it is possible to learn solely with "codeacademy" etc.?

>>57695603
I created an academic course and this soft should be its main "instrument". So, I think I have established a foothold. But failure is always possibility, I know it very well. What is MVP?

>>57695550
I would go for an open source option, if only I could code and I could make in like two weeks. But I need to learn this stuff at first... I want something back for my hard work.

>>57695634
Is there any page where I could find them?
>>
>>57695634
>>57695943
there are shit loads of freelance sites freelancer com, guru com etc.
>>
>>57695943
for your "hard work" you learn a marketable skill
>>
>>57695454

Dude check out various freelance sites, they're cheap as fuck. Submit the screenshot and a $40 reward and you will have your shit in no time.
>>
>>57696018
You are of course right, I take that. On the other hand I don't need that extra skill to survive or anything. Probably I will never use it again.

I don't want to loose complete control (as would be the case as Uni project) and I want my work to be paid, or at least my initial investment to come back.

>>57695993
Thanks, I look there.
>>
>>57696054
You speak from an experience? I seriously thought that a soft would cost me at least $2k.

I speak about simple text editor with limit of 800 words with ability to send a text to users inside a system ("teachers"), with text database and implemented text mining tools.
>>
>>57695943
MVP - minimum viable product
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.