[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Internet cuts out >Have to use mobile data >Browse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

>Internet cuts out
>Have to use mobile data
>Browse for 20 mins
>Used 300mb of my 4gb monthly cap

Why the fuck is the average webpage so big these days ?
>>
sause?
>>
>>57693467
une pute de JVC
>>
Code boot camps
>>
people don't know how to compress images and post pngs that should've been jpgs
>>
>>57693451
Stop browsing motherless
>>
I've made due with a 50MB cap for years, you just need the right mindset.

Although I did actually upgrade to a 1GB plan a few days ago since I started going close to 100MB the last couple months after using the phone extensibility for work.
>>
Block javascript in your mobile browser
>>
Because le ebin client side single page JavaScript frameworks.io
>>
>>57693948
Let me guess, you're using a text-only browser such as Lynx, and that on only select websites which haven't changed much from the 90s
>>
Because we as users created a demand for it.

Sites with lots of high quality images, custom fonts, icons, stylish layouts, animations, dynamic content, and interactivity get more usage than sites that have no images, use standard fonts, and are static.

Internet marketers adopt and follow these trends in an everlasting quest to get more site traffic and use that traffic to create revenue through advertising and product sales.

Eventually, the trends become packaged as libraries and are made the new standard for every website. This is how Bootstrap, Wordpress, Google Anayltics and more became commonplace.

This is the monster we created. It can only be undone by using sites that are not bloated. A majority of Internet users would have to essentially boycott sites that had page sizes > 2mb (including images / scripts).

But who would want to go back to the Internet of the 90s?

Nobody.
>>
>>57693451
It's not just pages. Every app on your phone will be checking for updates/notifications continually every few minutes. This is probably where your data is going.
>>
File: IMG_0076.png (178KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0076.png
178KB, 750x1334px
Use an ad blocker, dumb ass.
>>
>>57695133
>all this snake oil

L M A O
M
A
O
>>
>>57695170
Stay mad Lagdroidfag.
>>
>>57695187
Samsung Android has the same feature for its browser.
>>
>>57693472
this, angular/react with tons of virtualdoms and bullshit babels dependencys.
>>57694049
this i actually used it on shitty gprs 32kb/s mobile to check weather and news, it worked.

You can also block all js and most of shitty css. But on averge you still have 1,5 mb site, more then fucking games on flopy
>>
>>57695202
Enjoy having your browsing history being collected by Samshit, Jewgle, the Russians, and the Chinese.
>>
>>57695225
Enjoy having the data collected by all these blockers you have there.
>>
File: IMG_0076.jpg (28KB, 748x135px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0076.jpg
28KB, 748x135px
>>57695239
Enjoy having failed basic reading comprehension.
>>
>>57695334
>J-j-just trust our word
lmao
>>
>>57695437
>I don't have an argument so I'll fall back on simple FUD
>>
Stop complaining faggot
>>
>>57695457
Because Samshit and chinks openly claim to collect your history, right
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.