[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 348
Thread images: 34

File: 1464686253629.jpg (947KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1464686253629.jpg
947KB, 1680x1050px
Previously: >>57671396

Welcome to /fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread.
Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions about GNU/Linux and share their experiences.

*** Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly GNU/Linux Thread. ***

Before asking for help, please check our list of resources[*].

If you would like to try out GNU/Linux you can do one of the following:
0) Install a GNU/Linux distribution of your choice in a Virtual Machine.
1) Use a live image and to boot directly into the GNU/Linux distribution without installing anything.
2) Dual boot the GNU/Linux distribution of your choice along with Windows or Mac.
3) Go balls deep and replace everything with GNU/Linux.

* Resources:
$ man <insert command here>
$ info <insert command here>
$ help <insert command here>

Your friendly neighborhood search engine:
Try to use a search engine that respects your privacy such as qwant, searx, ixquick or startpage.

Check the Wikis (Most troubleshoots work for all distros.)
https://wiki.archlinux.org
https://wiki.gentoo.org

What distro should you choose?
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Babbies_First_Linux

Break out of the botnet:
https://prism-break.org/en/categories/gnu-linux/

Learn more about Free Software:
https://www.gnu.org

Try GNU GuixSD:
https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/

/fglt/'s website:
http://fglt.nl/

/fglt/'s copypasta collection:
https://p.teknik.io/oJR7K

Friends:
>>>/t/707928 - /t/'s GNU/Linux Games
>>>/t/713097 - /t/'s GNU/Linux Training Videos
>>>/wg/6767536 - /wg/'s GNU/Linux Wallpapers (Part 2)
https://archive.nyafuu.org/wg/thread/6743571/ - /wg/'s GNU/Linux Wallpapers (Part 1)
>>
File: 1465255856816.jpg (54KB, 240x430px) Image search: [Google]
1465255856816.jpg
54KB, 240x430px
>he uses arch or debian
>>
>>57692432
>he
did you just assume my gender?
>>
>>57692432
Did you just assume my distro?
>>
>he doesn't use arch or debian
>>
Slackware does not contribute to the Linux community, it never did.
Ubuntu, Fedora, Redhat, SUSE Linux are trying their best to take linux computing further by actually developing stuff. What did Slackware ever do. It's been there for ages. It survived so long but yet to achieve ANYthing. Much like a cockroaches that survived ice age but never really obtained anything meaning full like Dinosaurs or Mammoths.
This might hurt you but Slackware community is a poison that Linux has no use for. What did they ever contribute to? Developing/contributing to BTRFS? Snapper? Kcraft/Kernel hotpatching? FreeDesktop? GNOME? KDE? Wayland? Mir? Snaps? Flatpak? LXC containers? OpenZFS? OBS? Convergence? KVM? High-end Xeon (or instanbul) support? GRO? Systemd-ui/kcm? KIWI?

I'll tell you what slackware ever did: Bitch and moan about systemd - because bitching and moaning is ONLY what Slackware is good for. It's pathetic and has a negative effect on the community.
>>
The slackware userbase is just as pretentious: they never did anything productive because they are too busy in going to online forums to show off their manual dependency management skills instead of getting real things done. They will NOT like to admit there's no dependancy management because there's a sever lack of devs as mentioned in the number one reason in Slackware faqs. They'll BLINDLY follow what their cult leader do: use an abandonware bootloader and preach its superiority over any other bootloaders, or sperg about how vanilla their distro is.
When they are asked why they use the distro they ALL will give you the same brainwashed, mindless response: "Because of stability".
The users seem to forget the simple fact that Slackware does NOT fix ANY (again: ANY) upstream bugs. So if there's any bug in x-org or gtk, those packages will be just as buggy in Slackware as in Ubuntu. They just seem to forget that Slackware isn't more stable than other distros with the SAME bugs that causes instability.
Some of them will claim "Slackware doesn't have distro specific bugs"
However as I write this Slackware has had total of 35 security vulnerabilities: 9 of which is DoS, 13 remote code excecution, 10 Overflows, a memory corruption, a login bypass and 3 privilege esclations. (CVE details)

Now I know what you are thinking: "I should put my feet on the backpedal and claim it has ((less)) distro specific bugs"
Excuse me? I heard slackware is a "vanilla distro". If it were SO great, why are there vanilla bugs. If you are comparing to distros that are ten times more usable like ubuntu, I'd trade those bugs with usability and productivity. Ubuntu has paid, professional maintainers unlike an unemployed community of hobbyists.

I think we should completely exile them, they can move to BSD or some other garbage.
>>
>>57692571
>>57692574
fuck off KDE Shill
>>
UPDATE

I've been hearing that Slackware is moving to systemd soon. What a shame but in the end I am no surprised, the distro never actually accomplished anything. Going against the main stream didn't work out.
>>
>>57692583
>Title
Just die, Slackware. You will not be missed
Jun 7, 2015
>>
>>57692602
Dude nobody uses Slackware stop shitposting, you're trolling literally 0 people.
>>
>>57692338

>open terminal
>type info
>obtain redpill on computers

I seriously fucking wished someone told me about this when I first started out. It lists all the manuals not only for the programs installed, but explains core concepts for programming, cryptography, and operating system commands that can be applied between distros.

You'll also truly appreciate the freedom meme of GNU when you see just how much under the hood stuff they've contributed to linux.
>>
>install Arch because I have severe self-diagnosed autism
>everything just fucking werks™
>haven't used my Windows partition in months
>fuck this is awesome everything is awesome
>suddenly EFI boot menu doesn't work
>check $efibootmgr
>there's like 15 entries for "UEFI OS"
>delete them
>few weeks later there are 10 entries for UEFI OS again
>every time I boot into Arch a new EFI entry shows up
It's a minor inconvenience at worst, but I really wanna fix this.
Anyone know what's causing it?
>>
>>57692574
>pretentious
stopped reading right there 'mate'
>>
>>57692338
What's the best music player?
>>
>>57692656
>Anyone know what's causing it?
arch
use gentoo instead
>>
File: 1480144341193screensave.png (180KB, 496x734px) Image search: [Google]
1480144341193screensave.png
180KB, 496x734px
>>57692583
>>57692618
Oh okay :(

Remember no bullies or elitism allowed ITT
>>
>>57692677
The one I'm using.
>>
>>57692697
>elitism
stopped reading and cleared my memory
>>
>>57692649
Keep learning
>>
File: 1480144606357screensave.png (21KB, 343x198px) Image search: [Google]
1480144606357screensave.png
21KB, 343x198px
>>57692703
Glad I made you use your asynchronous inputs
>>
>>57692656
>He fell for the UEFI meme
Enjoy your literal backdoors published by Microsoft
>>
>>57692751
uefi is literally the best. don't use it though, i don't want your kind shitting it up.
>>
>>57692338
My arch linux is almost set up nicely but i'm lacking a cool font (and a guide on how to install them),skype and I can't figure out how to automatically connect to my wifi.

Would also like a music player suggestion if you have one thanks
>>
How do I make Gnome shell look good? I don't want a lot, I just want less padding everywhere. If there's a good theme that you can suggest I'd rather go with that instead of changing it myself.
>>
File: corndogs.jpg (21KB, 948x601px) Image search: [Google]
corndogs.jpg
21KB, 948x601px
>>57692786
#sudo pacman -Syu noto-fonts
>>
>>57692786
Can't help with fonts because I can't distinguish them myself, you can install a lot of them from AUR and the remainder are in official repos.

Last time I used Arch Skype was in AUR.

Just use NetworkManager if you don't mind it. It's quite simple and works okay.

I used to use DeadBeef for its minimal dependencies.
>>
>>57692786
I'm also using Arch Linux, hi.
>>
>>57692820
I can't for the life of me figure out how to use network manager. I have it installed im pretty sure and I have my wifi settings saved somewhere because I only have to run that command for it to connect but I don't know how to combine the two..
>>57692821
>tfw this is my first linux distro
I've made a huge mistake
Although tbqh it works well and everything, the only problems i'm having are basic linux problems like figuring out how to use the terminal.
KInda got the hang of it now though
>>
>>57692821
Hello. I'm using arch as well and it matters
>>
>>57692868
use nm-applet
idk how its named in your "distro" but it stands for
n - network
m - manager
applet - applet
>>
File: 1465370954838.png (556KB, 1200x796px) Image search: [Google]
1465370954838.png
556KB, 1200x796px
>he dualboots
>>
>>57692892
i don't.
i tripleboot
>>
>>57692868
>>57692883
Use nm-applet or (I can't follow from your post if you're strictly limited to terminal) use nmtui. They're both super straightforward interfaces, and mostly hassle-free.
>>
File: 61c.jpg (26KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
61c.jpg
26KB, 308x308px
>>57692892
How else am I gonna play all these sweet triple A gaymes, anon?
>>
>>57692883
Can't find it ;__;
>>57692912
I have a desktop enviroment but the terminal is pretty comfy desu
>>
>>57692892
Some of us can't use gpu passthrough.

So stop laughing
>>
>>57692929
search for network-manager-applet or something like that my 'negro' :)
>>
File: Xp5nFI3.png (166KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Xp5nFI3.png
166KB, 1280x800px
>>57692704

>tfw there's literally a gorillion things to learn
>so much useful interesting information, too little time in 1 day

Feels bad knowing how much of my life I've wasted playing degenerate vidya when I think about it :/

For all underage fags, seriously put the energy and dedication you put into vidya into learning linux / programming.

>start using bash scripts around 5 months ago, then using zsh for better bash scripts, finally started using git seriously a month ago.
>mfw encounter problem and create an alias + script to solve it instead of downloading software recommended by ubuntu stackoverflow.
>tfw freedom

Here are some useful scripts I've acquired during my linux learning, despite the readme most are not zsh dependent. Hope it helps anyone looking for a place to start.

https://github.com/jonlee836/arch-zsh-scripts
>>
>>57692929
make sure to $systemctl enable NetworkManager after you install it
>>
>>57692919
>your pic
anime name?
>>
just found out about journalctl and dmesg, any other "good to know" commands out there similar to these?
>>
>>57692956
this
then run pacman -R systemd
>>
>>57692979
fuck the fuck off
>>
>>57692929
Just nmtui then. It's the lord of comfy, made with ncurses.
>>
>>57692989
what the h*ck?!
i was just trying to help!
>>
>>57692979

this will fuck your arch distro.

always google a command given to you from the internet before running it.

>>57692996

stop.
>>
>>57692990
>ncurses
Thanks. I heard hackers use this. Must be very good then
>>57693011
Wow! Did he just try to break me system? I don't like this...
>>
>>57693021
It's just his own autistic little way of telling you to read the Arch wiki instead of asking 4chan for tech support
>>
>>57692786
>Fonts
I like nice and round fonts so I use montserrat. You can install typecatcher and get any google fonts very easily
>Skype
It's in the AUR. So do this:
cd /tmp && curl -O https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/snapshot/skypeforlinux-bin.tar.gz
tar -xvf skypeforlinux-bin.tar.gz && cd skypeforlinux-bin/ && makepkg -sri

>WiFi
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Wireless_network_configuration
>>
When I try to update fedora via dnf I get

Error: Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'updates'

It was working yesterday. It's running in a virtual machine, if that helps.
>>
>>57692938
>>57692956
>>57692990
>>57693039
Yesss got it working, thanks lads
Really enjoying linux so far
Put it on my new t420 so i'm all memed out now, feels good
>>57693039
That font looks pretty sweet
Trying out the skype thing now
>>
>>57693021
Don't bother him, he's just a neo shitposter from maori-land. He's just mad I made his kernel panic last week before he went on a full shitposting spree ITT.

Think before you use sudo, unlike him.
>>
>>57693041
Google will help, trust me
>>
>>57692786
please do not install skype. Use an alternative on prism-break.org.
For music players there are cmus, deadbeef, quod libet, ncmpcppcpppc +mpd, moc and a bunch more.
>>
>>57693128
Oh. You look like some kind of a hacker as well.
Why so racist to natives though?
Thanks. I'll google the commands before trying.
>>
>>57693184
It's okay to be racist with racists.
>>
>>57693217
Never mind. I was just a victim of a hate crime last week so I felt like shit when you mentioned natives in this demeaning tone.
>>
>>57693250
My bad. I meant no disrespect
>>
>>57693039
Can't get it working but forget it, I have no friends anyway
>>
Stupid question: is netctl just wifi or is it wired internet as well?
>>
>>57693277

What seems to be the problem?
>>
>>57693319
It can be used for both.
>>
>>57693277
I can be your friend
>>
>>57693323
So will selecting none still let me use wired internet?
>>
File: ffmpeg-logo.png (20KB, 728x372px) Image search: [Google]
ffmpeg-logo.png
20KB, 728x372px
Any ffmpeg masters around? I need some help.. been googling and trying to find a solution but haven't found the proper way to do this.

I have an mkv movie that has FLAC as an audio track and that means that the file is huge. It also means that my BluRay player can't play it (it needs AAC).

How do I convert only the audio track to AAC and also copy over video and chapters/menu and subtitles (they're ASS)?

I know how to convert only the audio track (with -c:a ...libaac etc) and I know how to copy video (-c:v copy) but how do I copy everything else over?
>>
>>57693321
I need sudo privs on my user and I tried to remedy this by adding my user to the sudoer group by putting Anon =ALL (ALL) ALL where it says user priv specification but it didn't work so it can suck my dick
Been up all night messing around with arch lel, need a break
>>57693325
boyfriend?
>>
File: BjbatbCIQAAxL2a.jpg (33KB, 583x442px) Image search: [Google]
BjbatbCIQAAxL2a.jpg
33KB, 583x442px
>>57693366
Only if you dress like a girl anon
>>
>>57693350
ffmpeg -i input.mkv -map 0 -c copy -c:a libfdk_aac -vbr 5 output.mkv
>>
>>57693387
fuck off drizzy
>>
File: 1474807321317.jpg (128KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1474807321317.jpg
128KB, 640x427px
Could some ruskifag translate this please?
>>
>>57693350
>>57693395
I think this will work. Also here are some resources that may help you:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Map
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/AAC
>>
>>57693420
Ask Yulia on sqt
>>
>>57693319

netctl lets you fully customize how you connect to networks.

You can also setup internet sharing with your raspberry pi this way. This way you can update/upgrade stuff on your pi while you're working on it via ssh. If you don't, then trying sudo apt-get install foopackage won't work because it's using the local ip that you're using to ssh into it.

Netctl lets you turn your laptop into a switch.

>>57693366

Are you logged in as su?
>>
>>57693420
too long to translate but it isn't funny and it doesn't mention anything related to the image.
basically a positive "review" for a cleaning product or a washing machine of some sort
the text is really retarded so it's hard to even understand what its talking about
>>
Anyone using Environment Modules to get control of their build environment and easily get back the toolchain used to build a certain version? I've used it at work but never made any modules myself. What are your thoughts of it? Are there better ways?
>>
I'm looking for something lightweight that runs fresh install on virtualbox
preferably with a gui
please help
>>
>>57693516
http://www.osboxes.org/lubuntu/
>>
>>57693395
>>57693426
thanks guys! -map 0 is a nice trick!
>>
>>57693154
I tried google first.
>>
>>57693526
Thank you!
>>
>>57693535
ffmpeg has really conservative defaults, if you don't specifically tell it you want everything from the input in the output, it might not do that
>>
>>57692953

>zsh for better bash scripts
Average zsh user right here.
>>
So on Wednesday night I decided to dual boot win10 & arch. As a newbie, I tried to use another guide to the install process other than the arch wiki, and as expected, fucked windows up (formatted windows boot partition). So I manned up and went balls deep into arch, deleted the recovery partition and used the free space, and learned enough to get arch running (48 hours of tinkering with two 4-5 hour naps). I ended up getting arch running, gnome and gdm set up, installed ntfs-3g, mounted the windows data partition (I managed to keep my windows data partition untouched), and got all my shit out onto a external hdd. Went back, formatted everything and repartititioned with boot, root, swap and data partitions, and reinstalled everything again (after actually knowing how to do shit now). So I got gnome, gdm set up again but can't fucking figure out for the life of me how to get the WiFi working. Dhcpcd on ethernet works, but there's something wrong with the WiFi. I got wpa_supplicant, iw, wpa_actiond, dialog, networkmanager and nma installed, with correct integrated Intel wireless drivers, but can't fucking make it work. I've scoured the arch forums and other forums and can't seem to get it working. Could anyone give me a hand, please? I'll provide any sort of system info needed, I guess I need a helping hand. Thanks in advance, /g/ents.
>>
>>57693678
>>57692953

>This is my collection of bash commands for use in zsh. Use at your own risk!!!

I thought you were joking for a while, now I know that you aren't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shell_(computing)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bash_(Unix_shell)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z_shell
>>
>>57693681
Also, with a root shell on bash, wifi-manager won't connect either, which I found weird
>>
>>57693681
During your first arch install did the wifi work?
>>
>>57693681
root -> nano /etc/netctl-wireless -> use that to download net-manager and net-manager-applet-> kill the dchp-> enable net-manger-applet->reboot
I was in the same boat as you earlier, those commands aren't exact but should help
>>
>>57692953
>For all underage fags, seriously put the energy and dedication you put into vidya into learning linux / programming.
I seriously hope you didn't just call python programming
lmao
>>
>>57693873
Yeah, wifi-manager worked fine for pacman, even after installation. Gnome/gdm somehow shat the bed.

>>57693882
Lemme try that real quick, thanks a lot
>>
>>57693882
Also, network manager is not detected, nor can pacman install it?
Yet the service is running when I systemctl - - type=service
>>
>>57693927
you have to type network-manager and network-manager-applet like that or it doesn't work
I was stuck on that step for HOURS until I found out you needed to type it like that
>>
>>57692953
zsh is bloated shit for people who cant read manpages, proof me wrong, protip etc
even more bloated shit: oh-my-zsh
>>
>>57693538
You should never try google first, because it spies on you.
>>
>>57693967
zsh wasn't made by a nigger
literally the only reason i use it
>>
>>57693944
After I nano to netctl-wireless, how do I use it to download nm and nma? Also, dhcp is not active. Nm is enabled but it won't let me enable nma? I'm in a su shell
>>
>>57694048
Oops forgot to say use ip a first to find your wifi thing (should be like wlps03) then write that down.
Nano into netctl and put in your wifi settings including that.
Save it obviously then type netctl start (whatever you named your wifi when you made the config) and you should be connected to wifi.
If so then download net-manager and net-manager-applet, stop dhcp for your wifi then type enable net-manger or whatever, reboot and you're golden.

There's a video called standard arch linux installation on youtube thats 30 mins long, skip like half way for really really good netctl instructions

I'd link it but can't be bothered :^)
>>
>>57694086
Any other info on the video or YouTube?
>>
File: Donald-Trump-smug-FB.jpg (29KB, 750x393px) Image search: [Google]
Donald-Trump-smug-FB.jpg
29KB, 750x393px
>>57692338
>mfw I found Arch-Anywhere
>mfw I realized even I could use it
>mfw I'll install Arch without fucking around
>mfw all the hate from Arch users

It'll be pure joy.
>>
>>57694133
Here you go m8
https://youtu.be/lizdpoZj_vU?t=781
I linked the time but if it doesn't automatically go to it skip to 13:01
>>
>>57694142
>he fell for the arch meme
>>
>>57694142
>he fell for the trump meme
>>
>>57694156
What distro do you prefer
>>
File: IMG_20161126_035905.jpg (2MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161126_035905.jpg
2MB, 2988x5312px
>>57694147
So I'm diving in again lol
>>
>>57694195
wew lad you fucked up hard somewhere
>>
>>57694156
What's wrong with Arch?
As I said I won't even install it with the "Arch way", so I won't waste my time.
>>
>>57694210
Yep, I'm trying to uninstall everything. Maybe I'll wipe and load arch tomorrow
>>
>>57694241
Got it, it might be an error with my iptables set up
>>
>>57694241
If you follow that vid from start to finish along with the post install vid you'll be done in an hour
>>
>>57694231
>As I said I won't even install it with the "Arch way", so I won't waste my time.
why did you even think this is relevant?
>>
>>57694258
I tried creating an iptables list, I think that was the reason that it wasn't working?
>>
Just got a new SSD and I moved my windows partition to it since that is my primary work OS.

I also have another partition of linux on my old HD. If I only connect the SSD the computer will boot from it. But if I connect the HD then it will boot from the HD. How do I make the bootloader menu show up so I can choose between booting from ubuntu in my old HD or windows in my new SSD?
>>
>>57694293
you're asking the wrong guy mate, I only know what I gleamed from that video
>>
>>57694306
BIOS configuration.
>>
>>57694306
just hit F10 or whatever your bios uses to display the boot menu and pick the drive you want to boot from. or just go change some settings to change the boot priority
>>
>>57694306
when you turn on your computer there should be a screen that says "press F2 to enter setup" or something similar. That's your BIOS settings. go there and you can change the boot priority order.
>>
>>57694349
>>57694340
I plugged in my old hard drive and now it starts up from the SSD with no bootloader menu. Is there a way I can get a new menu?
>>
>>57694231
retarded defaults, bloat, memes
>>
>>57694354
It shouldn't start with a bootloader menu, i assume you mean grub here.
Your grub is only on the old hard drive and your ssd has the windows bootloader.
Just pick your hard drive in bios.
>>
File: 1451490396243.png (3KB, 494x639px) Image search: [Google]
1451490396243.png
3KB, 494x639px
Hey /g/, what's the best lightweight and user-friendly distro for daily use?
>>
>>57694446
windows 10
>>
>>57694461
nice try NSA
>>
>>57694446
Any distro with lxde or xfce.
>>
I just can't get SSH to work when my client is not on the same LAN as my server and it's pissing me off.

This works:
LAN:
> pc at 192.168.0.23 is running SSH server (listening on port 22)
> router at 192.168.0.1
> phone at 192.168.0.21
> run
ssh [email protected]

This doesn't work:
LAN:
> router at 192.168.0.1, UDP and TCP traffic on port 22 at 192.168.0.23 (pc) forwarded to router port 1122
Internet:
> router at 77.3.2.180 (fictional address)
> run
ssh -p 1122 [email protected]

This also doesn't work:
LAN:
> router at 192.168.0.1, UDP and TCP traffic on port 22 at 192.168.0.23 (pc) forwarded to router port 1122
VPN:
> router at 192.168.0.201
Internet:
> router and phone at 77.3.2.180 (phone uses VPN connection)
> run

> run

> run
ssh [email protected]

By "doesn't work" I mean that I get "Connection Refused" errors.
What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>57694525
Has port forwarding ever worked for you? Your ISP may be blocking all incoming ports (dick move, but I've had it done to me).
>>
whats so good about arch that everyone wants it
>>
>>57694542
Fair point, the only time I dicked around with forwarding before this was years ago when I tried (and failed) to get E.Y.E. coop to work over the internet.
>>
>>57694545
I guess newcomers think Arch is good for ricing.
>>
I'm trying to dual-boot Linux Mint and Windows 10, but I have some concerns:

>I used the Win 10 partitoning tool
>booting mint
>install
>"something else"
Here's the part after which I didn't know what to do:
>choose "unallocated space" (don't remember what it's called), which is my 25 GB partition
>create /root, /swap and /home
>You must have at least 1mb of available "boot space" (again, don't know what it's called), because if not my system may not boot correctly
>mfw I only have an sdb partition and an sdc partition and no sda
>mfw every 20 subs Dual-Boot-Tutorial pajeet has sda
Mind that I have a Kingston SSD with the name C:\ and a Toshiba HDD with the name D:\
>>
>>57694364
>retarded defaults

Such as?

>bloat

On the contrary.

>memes

Nod an argumend :DDD
>>
>>57694911
>Such as?
linking python to python3 instead of python2 like every other sane configured distro, I mean, even Mint follows the standards

>On the contrary.
you fell for the
>a barebones install makes a distro lightweight
meme, but in reality, arch packages are twice as huge as on other distros, because there's no package splitting
>Nod an argumend :DDD
the arch way is a meme, confirmed here: https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-July/039443.html
>>
>>57695058
>linking python to python3 instead of python2
how is that a problem?
>>
>>57695115
it breaks programs
>>
>>57695131
Which one?
>>
>>57695141
every program that uses python2 syntax, which is incompatible to python3
>>
>>57695162
Which one broke?
>>
>>57695181
dumb namefag
>>
>>57695354
I was actually hoping your 20 minutes google search would produce some fresh meme that says "xyz is broken in Arch bucause muh python3" autism but you disappointed me, just like you disappointed your parents.
>>
>>57695375
>using google
What is wrong with you.
>>
>>57695399
>not using google
What is wrong with you.
>>
1. Unallocated space means there is no file system in those disk blocks.
2. Just create a swap (1GiB) and a / partition. I suggest you choose "Install Linux Mint alongside Windows" option
>>
File: 1451293851181.png (246KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1451293851181.png
246KB, 600x450px
>>57695614
Are you living under a stone?
>>
>>57695734
nope
under a rock
i know about this image though
are you implying you don't use hardware with nsa backdoors? how do you get by without ram and hard drives?
>>
How do I go on about locking my mouse cursor to only one monitor so that when I move my mouse, it will begin moving but from monitor 1.

I have done something similar for my wacom tablet to only work on my second monitor using
xsetwacom --set "Wacom Intuos4 6x9 cursor" MapToOutput VGA1
xsetwacom --set "Wacom Intuos4 6x9 stylus" MapToOutput VGA1
xsetwacom --set "Wacom Intuos4 6x9 eraser" MapToOutput VGA1
xsetwacom --set "Wacom Intuos4 6x9 pad" MapToOutput VGA1

so whenever I move my pen on the tablet, it directly starts from the second screen. How can I have a similar effect with the mouse? I don't want to move the mouse an extra half screen to go to something on my main screen.

I looked around but found nothing. There was something on ualscreen-mouse-utils but it didn't work out with me after compiling and trying it out.

Thanks!
>>
>>57695115
>>57695141

Stop, he's brought that up countless times now and got shot down every time. Stop encouraging his retardation, do yourself a favor.

>>57695181

Kill yourself.
>>
>>57692730
I will don't care you with my JKing your mom with my flip flops.
>>
>>57695966
I-I mean while JKing your mom with my flip-flops
>>
What browser do you recommend for gnome? The big title bar is annoyong and all the integration tweaks are outdated.
>>
>>57695930
Not him, but he's not wrong.
Try this:

python -m SimpleHTTPServer

- works everywhere, except Arch.

This:
python -m http.server

- works only on Arch.

The first one works on Arch with python2 as command, the second one works on other distros with python3 as prefix. That's about changed module names, but also the syntax differes between versions, which makes things even worse.

The problem is that Arch devs think Python3 is just a new version of Python2 and they want to be bleeding edge. Autism meets incompetence.
>>
>>57696032

>The problem is that Arch devs think Python3 is just a new version of Python2 and they want to be bleeding edge. Autism meets incompetence.
No they don't and you have no way to back up that claim.
Your whole claim is so ridiculous that it's not even worth discussing. You're either pretending to be retarded or have some other agenda. Every normal person can understand the Python situation, but for you (and that other person who is most likely you).
>>
>>57696032
>Not him
yeah right
>>
>>57696069
>No they don't and you have no way to back up that claim.
Didn't I just do exactly this?
>>
>>57696032
>One hour in
>Still not a single software shown that is broken on Arch because of python 3

Well you don't even have the balls for it so just fuck off
>>
>>57696090

No, you didn't. Are you the person packaging Python for Arch?
>>
>>57696069
>>57696108
>delet this
>>
>>57696090
Also, do you have problem in talking to other people irl? FYI you are showing signs of mental disability
>>
>>57695896
pls help. Is it even possible?
>>
>>57696032
>Autism meets incompetence.
what did you expect, quality by some weeaboo devs? kek
>>
>>57696181

Arch didn't develop Python.
>>
>>57696074
>>57696108
>he doesn't use 4chanx
>>
Hello I just woke up after a night duty.

What are we arguing about today?
>>
>>57696444
gay rights and lefts
>>
>>57696452
well all gays belong to the gas
>>
>>57696461
my purpose in life is to disagree with that.
>>
File: Tase the Rainbow.jpg (879KB, 4020x3066px) Image search: [Google]
Tase the Rainbow.jpg
879KB, 4020x3066px
>>57696508
buddy if youre gay your purpose in life is to fertilize the soil.
>>
>>57696461
>>>/pol/
>>
>>57696557
i'm not gay but muh feelings
>>
>>57696579
too many /v/edditors 2bqhwy
>>
>>57694707
help pls
>>
>>57694525

Pretty sure a connection refused error means the client was able to get a response from the server. Double check that you're port forward correctly.

>>57694364

That's just like your opinion man.

>>57693967

Rude!

>"something else"

What?
>>
File: ssh.png (71KB, 421x376px) Image search: [Google]
ssh.png
71KB, 421x376px
How would I use iptables to allow ssh from client to server?
>>
>>57697338
iptables
# Generated by iptables-save v1.6.0 on Sat Nov 26 16:01:02 2016
*filter
:INPUT DROP [198:47775]
:FORWARD DROP [0:0]
:OUTPUT DROP [0:0]
-A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -j ACCEPT
COMMIT
# Completed on Sat Nov 26 16:01:02 2016

ip6tables
# Generated by ip6tables-save v1.6.0 on Sat Nov 26 16:01:02 2016
*filter
:INPUT DROP [0:0]
:FORWARD DROP [0:0]
:OUTPUT DROP [0:0]
-A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -j ACCEPT
COMMIT
# Completed on Sat Nov 26 16:01:02 2016
>>
File: indeks.jpg (9KB, 348x145px) Image search: [Google]
indeks.jpg
9KB, 348x145px
Just had a kernel panic on debian 8 when i turned on my built-in wlan card with the physical switch. Card works with the proper supplied driver.

Stable my ass.
>>
>>57697136
>Double check that you're port forward correctly.
I forwarded the port for both TCP and UDP traffic. In case I mixed up the PC and router ports I switched them around (1122 and 22, that is), still the same error. I don't know what else could be going wrong other than what >>57694542 said
>>
Whats the best lightweight distro for an old laptop ? It's all about speed
>>
Whats the best distro for australian use?
>>
>>57697905
puppy
runs in ram, uber fast

>>57697920
ubuntu for niggers
>>
>>57697934
we don't have them over here
whats the best distro for australian use?
>>
>>57697934
>puppy
runs in ram, uber fast
which one ? there are many
>>
>>57697956
tahrpuppy is overall superior choice due to using ubuntu repositories.

slacko uses slackware repos which are starved
>>
>>57697955
you have abos, same shit.
comes with built in tool for compressing webbrowser traffic to accomodate Australian™ internet.

and is maintained by GNAA, famous organization of shitposters and trolls.
>>
>>57697338
Do the lab yourself, you fucking pleb.
>>
>>57697989
sounds cool
already installing it
>>
>>57697417
Thanks, I'm trying it out.
But shouldn't it be editing the FORWARD table? I might not have been as precise as I should, the iptables is running on the firewall
>>
>>57698021
>sounds cool
>>
>>57698054
>being a sl*v
mate...
>>
>>57698086
wyjebac ci lepe z ucha na pysk kurwo szmato?
>>
>>57698096
>something something kurwa
come again?
>>
>>57698110
ksiÄ…dz kazania dwa razy nie powtarza ĹĽbsz
>>
>>57698096
kobieta dajme pivo

Something I picked up whilst traveling, how close am I?
>>
>>57698138
you would get slapped, that's not how you talk to a woman
>>
>>57698123
>something two times no (?) some random shit
damn... couldn't get that one
i was pretty close though for a human
could you teach me more of your ""language""?
>>
>>57698152
Ehehehe, I was taught well.
Never got able to pronounce the czezch or however "Hi" is written properly
>>
>>57698177
>could you teach me more of your ""language""?
There are 5 grammatical genders, 7 cases, most verbs have two forms for an activity that "was finished" and "is still going".

English has one word for "2". Polish has 17,

>>57698196
ahoj in czech
cześć in polish

we laugh at czechs because "ahoj" is how sailors greet each other from a distance
>>
>>57698264
yeah i know about that shit.
that last one is interesting though.
you mean like "two" "two of something" "two times" etc is just a single word? i think other sl*vic languages have that as well.
>>
>>57698296
>you mean like "two" "two of something" "two times" etc is just a single word?
just the word two, reffering to different objects in different contexts
>>
Hi friends, complete linux noob here, recently decided to install ubuntu on my thinkpad L460, but the computer feels a lot slower than it did on W10. Pretty much just using ubuntu out of the box, are there any drivers etc i would need to install for it to perform better?
>>
>>57698339
Ubuntu is more bloated than Windows.
>>
>>57698364

Any other noob friendly distros you would recommend? Pretty much just need it for light coding and interwebs.
>>
>>57698364
I've had the same feeling about this, but is there a reliable source for this?
>>
>>57698425
manjaro
it's too bloated for my taste but i would assume its less bloated that ubuntu
or just do a netinstall of ubuntu
>>
>>57698364
newfag
>>
>>57698364
The buntu netinstall is just like the debian one about 120mb. Which is about half the size of arch and about 1/100 of windows
>>
>>57696032

you could've changed the default yourself in less time than it took to shitpost.

>>57693889

>real programming

Is it better if I write everything in c then?
>>
>>57692338
so what's the lightest *buntu besides lubuntu? is it xubuntu? mate?
>>
File: 1469186793902.png (119KB, 295x297px) Image search: [Google]
1469186793902.png
119KB, 295x297px
I need help

I was installing arch, finished pacstrapping base and base-devel n shit. Before doing grub noticed that I didn't make a boot partition. Went back and remade the whole partition table.

Did I fuck my disk up? can I just restart like nothing happened?
>>
>>57697699

are you at least able to ping the server? if not then it sounds like your isp is blocking syn packets... ssh now becomes a huge pain in the ass. You'll need to have your local server connects to an external server that has ssh forwarding enabled. SSHing into the external server now forwards your connection into your local ssh server. Something like google cloud would be good for this, it's practically free for simple ssh stuff.

https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/tutorials/how-to-configure-ssh-port-forwarding-set-up-load-testing-on-compute-engine/#ssh-port-forwarding-technique

http://blog.trackets.com/2014/05/17/ssh-tunnel-local-and-remote-port-forwarding-explained-with-examples.html

hope this helps!
>>
>>57699179
if you have to ask, then probably
>>
>>57699179
yes, you dun goofed
>>
>>57698917
yes
i didn't say "real" programming
that would imply python is programming (albeit fake)
which it's not
>>
>>57693889

Ye, fuck all those scientists not using a real language like c, wasting time writing code instead of doing useful shit is the way to go.
>>
>>57699278
python is a programming language
>>
>>57699278

it does feel like cheating :/

but the amount of time you save making simple stuff is worth it.
>>
>>57699256
>>57699234
You're not helping. How do I fix this?
I don't want to wipe my drive again
>>
>>57699279
>scientists
>wasting time writing code
lmao
>implying python is used for what you describe here and c isn't
also kek'd pretty hard at this one
>>57699301
it wasn't last time i checked
did something major happen to it in the last 5 months?
>>57699303
sure. but don't call it programming.
>>
>>57699324

well... what happens when you boot up? did you even try?
>>
>>57698968
probably xubuntu or mate
i'd pick mate myself
>>
>>57699338
I can reboot into the installation media fine.
Reinstalling base right now, looks fine. I just hope I didn't corrupt anything?
>>
>>57699332
Nothing happened, your definition of "programming" is just still wrong.
>>
>>57699413
nope
it's correct (just checked)
python isn't a programming language by any stretch of the imagination
>>
>>57699449

Why not?
>>
>>57699489
it isn't programming therefore it can't be a programming language
>>
>>57699449
Your own written definition doesn't count
>>
>>57699522
but i'm using the correct definition
idk what your using but python definitely isn't a programming language
>>
>>57699535
Sure, anon.
>>
>>57699489
don't listen to him, he's an autistic outcast from /dpt/ or whatever shithole he crawled from and tries to meme you into believing that python isn't a programming language because it's interpreted rather than compiled so he can feel better about himself.

And you can actually compile python if you wish.
>>
>>57699561
i'm glad you've realized it. just don't call whatever your doing in notepad++ programming next time
thanks.
>>
>>57699574
>notepad++
You're not using butterflies yet?
>>
>>57699574
All I've realized is that this board really is filled with actual fucking autists
>>
>>57699572
>/dpt/
literally never been to that shitty place
> because it's interpreted rather than compiled
>implying that has any bearing on something being a programming language or not
lmao
your post hasn't changed anything. python still isn't a programming language. i'm sorry you though it was but it isn't. please don't call it something it isn't
>>57699604
off yourself
>>57699613
yeah... didn't even know there was more than one person who thinks that python is a programming language.
and this is on /g/ of all boards
>>
>>57699574
>high-level programming languages aren't programming languages
I'm sure your mom's very proud of you for learning C, anon
>>
>>57699640
but c# is a programming language and it's pretty high level.
it's kinda shit but it's still a programming language.
python simply isn't. i don't know why you think it is but please stop calling it something it clearly isn't or wasn't meant to be.
>>
>>57699665
Please tell me your arbitrary definition of a programming language then, because I totally give a shit
>>
>>57699665
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Python_%28programming_language%29
>>
>>57699688
it's just the normal definition.
>I'm so smart I don't give a shit but I'll still ask!
sure. your cool and all. really cool.
>>57699698
i'm not sure this is a valid source.
>>
File: Hooky_patrick.jpg (76KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Hooky_patrick.jpg
76KB, 400x300px
>>57699665
Got dang he's going all out today boys
>>
>>57699710
>epic meme
i think it applies to you more since you are the one here who denies the self evident truth of python not being a programming language.
i'm sorry it breaks your heart to hear this but python is simply not a programming language nor was it ever designed to be one. idk what kind of warped world view you have but it clearly isn't healthy.
>>
Python is a programming language, prove me wrong.
>>
>>57699379
>>57699379
>>57699379

did you use LVM or standard? if LVM then you could make the bootpartition last, if not then ya you need to install.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Partitioning#Discrete_partitions
>>
>>57699783
just did
maybe by your retarded definition it is
certainly not by any valid definition
>>
File: zQJj57L.jpg (43KB, 419x610px) Image search: [Google]
zQJj57L.jpg
43KB, 419x610px
>>57699783
It's not tho
>>
>>57699802
>>57699803
sorry buddy, everyone and their mother, including the authors and maintainers of python claim it to be a programming language.

Looks like the burden of proof is on you
>>
File: windows10.jpg (441KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
windows10.jpg
441KB, 1440x900px
>>57699818
>the authors and maintainers
Oh man, is that really the best defense you have for your shitty script-kiddie pretend language's validity?
>>
>>57699818
i can fork bash and claim it is a programming language as well
wouldn't make it valid.
seems like your logic is just as broken as your connectedness to the real world
>>57699803
glad to see not everyone here is brain-dead
>>
>>57699860
>hurling insults instead of proving otherwise
I'm still waiting
>>
>>57699332

do you ever make anything useful with programming tools or do you just talk about programming tools?
>>
File: 1477511493156.jpg (6KB, 127x170px) Image search: [Google]
1477511493156.jpg
6KB, 127x170px
>>57699881
You're the one trying to use
>the authors and maintainers
as a fucking argument lol
>>
>>57699889
yeah i do
i can do that since i don't use python which isn't a programming language
i'm actually not talking about programming tools right now since the topic is python
>>
>>57699513

So you're basically making claims without any basis. Besides, what does it matter? python is excellent for what it does, which is provide simple and readable code. Unless you're doing some funky low level shit. I personally use python for numerical stuff, and i'm really happy with it.
>>
>>57699878

bash is a programming language actually.

>>57699912

i don't think you know what programming means :^)
>>
>>57699919
That's cool man, as long as you don't try and say that you're "programming" it's fine
>>
>>57699898
You haven't even bothered to refute this by quoting an authority who says otherwise.

"lmao" is not a valid counterargument, buddy.
>>
>>57699919
where did i say anything to the contrary?
it just isn't a programming language
get your facts straight
i really couldn't care less if it's simple, readable, fun or any other buzzword you'll throw out next
is isn't a programming language
that's cool. why do you say its a programming language though?
>>57699935
i do though.
>>
>>57699944
>he thinks exchanging diametrically opposed quotes from """"""""""""authorities"""""""""""" is a valid argument
wow
do they not teach critical thinking at schools in your shitty country?
>>
>>57699979
Sure thing buddy.

They also taught me to actually attempt to use arguments in a discussion instead of repeating "no u" over and over again.
>>
File: fb9.jpg (62KB, 600x596px) Image search: [Google]
fb9.jpg
62KB, 600x596px
>>57699944
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-authority
You're trash
>>
>>57699957

>i do though

Doubt it.

What is programming?
>>
some fag repairshop wanted to make my mom pay money to replace xubuntu with ubuntu just bcuz she wanted to install the Times New Roman font
is this kind of scummy behavior punishable ?
>>
>>57700009
Nice to see that you actually bothered to read the OP on /pol/ buddy.
>>
>>57700003
seems like they were pretty shit at their job
that or you were really shit at listening
which i don't have any trouble believing at this point to be quite honest with you
>>57700012
just look up the normal definition.
i've already mentioned 2 programming languages somewhere earlier in this thread
use that as a hint
>>57700024
>he needs to "read" something to understand the basic fallacy that is 'appeal to authority'
must be tough living as a disabled "person"
>>
>>57700016
It is punishable
>>
>>57700052
Not really
if you don't mean physically dealing with the repair shop itself.
>>
>>57700041

are you ok?
>>
>>57700103
yeah. why did you feel the need to ask?
>>
>>57700052
i live in West EU, what kind of laws apply for low-level IT shitters trying to fool people to make a quick buck ?
>>
Definition of a programming language:

Business Dictionary
>Coded language used by programmers to write instructions that a computer can understand to do what the programmer (or the computer user) wants. The most basic (called low-level) computer language is the machine language that uses binary ('1' and '0') code which a computer can run (execute) very fast without using any translator or interpreter program, but is tedious and complex. The high-level languages (such as Basic, C, Java) are much simpler (more 'English-like') to use but need to use another program (a compiler or an interpreter) to convert the high-level code into the machine code, and are therefore slower.

Computer Hope
>A programming language is a special language programmers use to develop software programs, scripts, or other sets of instructions for computers to execute.

The Free Dictionary
>An artificial language used to write instructions that can be translated into machine language and then executed by a computer.

Wikipedia
>A programming language is a formal computer language designed to communicate instructions to a machine, particularly a computer. Programming languages can be used to create programs to control the behavior of a machine or to express algorithms.

Which of these definitions Python does not meet?
>>
>>57700118
I'm no psychologist, but anyone putting this much effort into discrediting a programming language has to be somewhere on the spectrum, mang
>>
>>57700119
Laws are country-specific.
It's also a can of worms you don't want to open.
>>
File: 1370361769686.png (142KB, 686x441px) Image search: [Google]
1370361769686.png
142KB, 686x441px
Holy shit, I finally understand how my parents felt when I didn't go to bed when they said.

I was just using a VM and issued the command shutdown, the machine then told me "Shutdown scheduled for..." in 2 minutes time, who the fuck is in charge here, I systemctl poweroff'd that thing so hard for not listening to me.
>>
>>57700119
>EU
just say he was racist or something
it works in your "countries"
also
>not being a real man and dealing with the problem yourself especially when it is so trivial
I guess that's just to be expected.
>>
>>57700119
if the deal didn't happen then you have nothing to talk about.

Wanting to jew someone is not the same as actually jewing someone
>>
>>57700150
are you okay mate?
>>
>>57700150
not using
>halt -p
>>
>>57700016
why didn't you help her yourself you retard?
>is this kind of scummy behavior punishable ?
yeah. but you can't do anything since your a pussy
>>
>>57700145

He reminds me of this one guy in my cmpsci class insisted macs weren't real computers. I was hoping for a valid argument even if it was nit picking python's design to high hell.
Then I remember this is /g/ where ranting about your own tastes and vanity is rampant.
>>
>>57700145
all of them
it isn't a programming language and you can't reverse engineer this by using shitty definitions pulled out of your ass
use a real definition or get the fuck out
>>57700331
but i don't have any problems with python's design
people obviously like it.
that doesn't make it a programming language though.
>>
>>57700365
>use a real definition or get the fuck out
Post the """""""""""""""real""""""""""""""""" definition then and stop being such a fucking contrarian faggot.
>>
>>57700155
retard ameritrump
>>
>>57700365
quit it man, go find another thread or board to meme on
Everyone just thinks you look pitiful here
>>
>>57700380
do you have the internet?
if so, then look up the real definition. it shouldn't be hard if you aren't retarded
which im already seriously doubting at this point.
if not, how the fuck are you even writing this?
>>57700390
nah. this is the only active thread i visit. i'll stay. you might wanna consider going to /r/python though. i'm sure they will share your enthusiasm for this great """"""language""""""
i don't think you speak for everyone
this doesn't even matter. even if 99 people out of a 100 agree it is a programming language that wouldn't change reality. you do realize that you can't change reality just because many people agree on something right?
>>
Why are people even replying to this guy it's not even funny
>>
>>57700426
I looked for the """""""""""""""""""""""""""""real definition"""""""""""""""""""""""""""" but python met every single one I've found.

Post yours.
>>
File: der ewige poettering.jpg (3MB, 3456x2304px) Image search: [Google]
der ewige poettering.jpg
3MB, 3456x2304px
>>57700426
>i'll call him a retard that will show him whos boss for sure
>>
>>57700438
i don't even know why im doing this. this level of reality denial really isn't funny. how can someone claim to be mentally sane and believe that python is a programming language at the same time?
it's just baffling to me...
>>57700447
try looking harder.
i'm sure it's there since i remember looking it up this very month.
looks like your shit and finding information.
that's not a surprise considering you think python is a programming language for some reason.
>>
>>57700470
Python is a programming language unless you prove it otherwise buddy
>>
>>57700468
where did i call you a retard in that post? could you provide me with the exact quote? i don't think you can even read basic sentences. are you sure you need to be engaging in an "argument" when you can't even use basic logic?
>>57700481
that's not how logic works.
theres a microscopic penis in your mouth unless your prove otherwise.
>>
>>57700495
Post the definition of a programming language that the Python Programming language does not meet.

I'm sure you're so smart you'll find it in no time, buddy.
>>
>>57700508
i didn't claim to be smart. show me where i have said this because i don't believe i have.
it doesn't meet the standard definition which you should be well aware of if you think you have the right to discuss such topics.
>>
>>57700524
Post the standard definition
>>
>>57700508
Python is a scripting language. Not a programming language.
>>
>>57700533
do you have access to the internet? you can easily look it up yourself.
>>
>>57700495
>theres a microscopic penis in your mouth unless your prove otherwise.
funny you said that considering that the sentence preceding it was "that's not how logic works"

I can prove that there's no microscopic penis in my mouth by the use of existing tools because a penis is a complex organ consisting of multiple layers of differetiated tissue therefore cannot be smaller than what you would be able to see with simple optical magnifying tool.
>>
>>57700550
Yeah and heineken is not an alcoholic beverage because it's beer.

Scripting language is a type of programming language.
>>
>>57700567
Woah
I just did. Python meets all the requirements.

It's official.
Python is a programming language confirmed.
>>
>>57695494

>scripting language

https://youtu.be/HXCOoKYIPU4?t=3

You know, python can be compiled :3 just like C can use an interpreter.
>>
>>57700644
dubs confirm
>>
>>57700597
no. you didn't get it.
it's genetically engineered to be small
it's true unless you prove otherwise.
i'm waiting for a full mri or whatever other scan of your mouth.
don't even consider posting unless you have what i've just written.
>>57700636
scripting language
programming language
do you see the difference here? they both are languages for communicating with something
they aren't a fucking subset of each other
honestly why even bother shitposting when you clearly know nothing about the subject matter?
>>57700645
that doesn't make it a programming language buddy
also didn't watch your video. couldn't care less about the us
>>
>>57700644
Nope. You didn't.
There's no way you reached this conclusion if you truly saw and comprehended the standard definition.
There's another possibility of course that your mentally disabled and i'm guessing that's the answer since you haven't proven otherwise yet.
>>
>thinking Python is a programming language
>thinking C is a programming language
>not using the superior Butterfly method of communicating with computers
ISHYGDDT
>>
for 57700743
>he thinks * is funny
literally kill you'reself
>>
>>57700672
>it's genetically engineered to be small
Even the smallest eucariot cell is large enough to be picked via simple optical magnifying.

>i'm waiting for a full mri or whatever other scan of your mouth.
MRI scan would not pick such small change.

>>57700708
I did. And it meets the entire definition.
Unless you're ready to pinpoint me which part of the standard definition python programming language does not meet
>>
>>57700672
>they aren't a fucking subset of each other
They are.

Standard definition of a scripting language says programming language
>>
Linus writes beautiful code. He has published some side projects that he wrote all on his own and the code is just wonderful. He also lives in the real world while still maintaining his open source ideals and supporting himself through his work.

RMS is basically a homeless loser who hasn't made any real contributions in the last 20 years. He is still super butthurt that Linux beet HURD (but hey, HURD just got basic sound support in 2016!) and basically tries to claim Linux because Linus used GCC and the GNU coreutils. He survives on the charity of others and speaking engagements where he spouts his insane, paranoid, philosophy. Basically he won't be happy until all the programmers are homeless hackers like him and all the companies are shut down. How people are supposed to support themselves and their families in that scenario aren't things he has to deal with because he is basically a permanent grad student. He does make some good points about privacy, but for him, there is no middle ground. Anything that may reduce your privacy even the slightest bit (like movie recommendations on Netflix) is evil according to him, and must be destroyed. In a lot of ways he show classic signs of mental splitting, which is a classic symptom of mental illness. To top it off, when he does write code, he does so in the style of the awful GNU style guide which is a crime against humanity IMHO.

So, in a nutshell:
He's a bird-fucking, self-absorbed, power hungry, toe jam eating pedophile that thinks everything should be free and everyone should be forced to share, who looks like he hasn't showered in years so as to create a static shield around his body to protect from aliens. He also created an OS without a kernel because he's basically Steve Jobs gone communist. Oh, and he calls himself doctor though he holds no PhD.
>>
>>57700777
it's even smaller than that.
why haven't you provided me with some proof of it not being there?
there's actually another one in your anus too.
waiting for you to disprove this too.
>MRI scan would not pick such small change.
that is why i wrote "whatever other scan" there since i'm not knowledgeable on the different scans and what they do. you seem to be though so it should be easy for you to scan your mouth and anus to disprove my facts.
>I did. And it meets the entire definition.
impossible. you can't be in both of these states simultaneously unless you are severely sick in the head
state 1 - thinks python is a programming language
state 2 - has read the definition
>>57700807
nope. wrong definition right there. up your internet search skills or get off this board.
>>
>>57700832
So far a 4/10 troll on account of how many (You)'s you're getting
Would be 8/10 if you actually had an argument to back your obvious shitposting, but I guess this board isn't ready for that calibre yet
>>
>>57700832
I'm using the standard definition and python meets the entirety of it.
>>
>>57700824
Underrated post.
>>
>>57700832
>why haven't you provided me with some proof of it not being there?
I sent you an email with the proof of it not being there.
>>
>>57700854
He's getting just one (You) from me.
Hardly a 4/10 material.
>>
>>57700854
i'd say i'm 0/10 since i'm not """trolling"""
you would be a 10/10 though on a scale of mental retardation or trolling
pick which one suits you more. i'm guessing the first one judging by your lack of basic reasoning skills
>>57700868
um... no?
it doesn't. your not using the standard definition.
>>57700885
how did you manage to do so without having my email and without knowing if such a thing even exists?
still waiting for the proof. post it right here for all of us to see. you can blur out personal details prior to uploading it.
>>
>>57700899
>how did you manage to do so without having my email and without knowing if such a thing even exists?
Can you prove I haven't sent you that email though?
>>
>>57700918
>this is how Python apologists actually think
>>
>>57700899
>it doesn't. your not using the standard definition.
I did and python programming language meets every point of the standard definition of a programming language
>>
>>57700926
Why do you expect me to prove you anything if you haven't bothered to:
a) prove that python programming language isn't a programming language
b) prove that I haven't sent you an email with a confirmed empric proof that there is not a tiny genetically engineered penis inside my mouth

??
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-26_13-23-00.png (118KB, 772x642px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-26_13-23-00.png
118KB, 772x642px
>>57700960
Not the dude you sent the email to
>>
>>57700883
this site does not have a rating system
your thinking of reddit.com here.
>>57700918
yeah i don't have an email so it's physically impossible according to the laws of this universe to send me one
i'm guessing you operate under some different laws. surely this is the only reason you ignore basic principles of logic
>>57700933
but it's impossible to say "yes" to these two things at the same time. you are either lying or just plain delusional
thing 1 - python is a programming language
thing 2 - i have read the definition
>>57700960
still haven't seen the proof. post it right here so everyone who wants to can see it. i think your just lying.
i see one more penis right there on your nose man
and this statement is true unless you prove otherwise by uploading scans right here to this website.
>>
>>57700981
sorry buddy
>>
new gnu/thread
>>57700997
>>57700997
>>
>>57700960
I don't have to prove shit, just look up the standard definition of a programming and it should be painfully obvious just how wrong you are
>>
>>57700960
look here >>57701004
are you really this delusional and think its a real language? your crazy man
take some meds
>>
>>57701004
I did and it says right fucking there with huge colourful letters

Python is a programming langauge.

Author of the standard definition of programming langauge even says python is his favourite programming language
>>
>>57701017
but it isn't...
please prove that you have read the definition
i refuse to believe you until you have proven that you have
i think im talking to a crazy person here who denies reality to a degree where normal conversation is simply impossible
>>
>>57701036
buddy i think you're the one who haven't read the definition.

If you did you wouldn't say that python programming language is not a programming language.

Only a layman would say such silly thing.
>>
>>57701060
but i have multiples times
you are simply wrong on this one or your trolling
i don't even know which one it is at this point
please reread the definition and come back.
>python is a programming language.
there is no way a sane person can say this if he has read the definition
>>
>>57701084
>but i have multiples times
you probably read the wrong one then
>>
>>57701093
nope. i have read the original one which is handwritten. i have traveled all the way to the united states to do so.
>>
>>57701106
you've probably been coaxed by some gypsy
>>
>>57701126
nah. i didn't pay a cent for actually getting to see the document
the travelling expenses weren't a scam either since i actually got what i paid for - a trip to the us
>>
>>57701017
>Author of the standard definition of programming langauge even says python is his favourite
Fine. doesn't make it a programming language.
>>
>>57701163
>call to authority
>a good argument
Choose 1(one)
>>
>>57701181
redirected at >>57701017
seems like you made a mistake when replying
>>
File: USAUSAUSAUSA.jpg (504KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
USAUSAUSAUSA.jpg
504KB, 1000x600px
>>57700672

disgusting foreigner opinions don't matter.
>>
>>57701208
sorry but your country is literally eu tier shite
also i bet this girl doesn't """""""""""program""""""""""" in python
you'll be more fit just like her if you stop too
>>
File: 1NP9CUu.jpg (46KB, 530x560px) Image search: [Google]
1NP9CUu.jpg
46KB, 530x560px
>>57701219

>can't hear you, speak up
>>
>>57701239
you wouldn't be able to hear me on the moon without a radio mate
i know you went to a shitty public school and everything but come on
you aren't even connected to our frequency
get a grip
>>
>>57701239
The president-elect thinks climate change is a Chinese hoax and uses "cyber" as a noun. It's not the time to be proud of your country, duder.
>>
File: 1462330392445.jpg (39KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1462330392445.jpg
39KB, 640x640px
>>57701266
>>57701287

>foreigner opinions
>>
>>57701294
Nevada, m8
>>
>>57701294
i mean your always welcome to come over here and become a citizen so i'm not a foreigner
only if your white though.
p.s slavs aren't white don't come here if you have even a drop of slavic blood.
>>
File: 1447419253788.jpg (603KB, 950x633px) Image search: [Google]
1447419253788.jpg
603KB, 950x633px
>>57701309
>>57701319

my bad

>liberal / foreigner opinions
>>
>>57701362
>me
>liberal
ew...
come over here i'll be waiting at the airport
i'll be holding a sign with the logo of python
>>
>>57701362
The majority of people involved in building that shuttle were liberals
>>
>>57701390
i would like to see some stats on that one
i'm not sure a believe a liberal opinion without evidence.
>>
>>57701384

>python isn't a real programming language

>pushes nonsense identity politics into programming languages
>i swear i'm not a liberal!

>>57701390

That word doesn't mean what you think it means.

>>57701390

They weren't.
>>
>Hurr durr python is a SCRIPTING language

Go outside more
>>
>>57701446
where did i push "identity" politics here?
please point me to it. i know you have a problem with the concept of "pointing" but at least try
>>57701448
but i've never said that
i couldn't care less about what it IS
i simply stated the fact that it is not a programming language
which is true
>>
>>57701601
You're not wrong
You're just an asshole
>>
>>57702927
i don't care "bruh"
really couldn't care less about being an "asshole"
just thought i needed to correct that guy who said python is programming since i care about this thing called truth
Thread posts: 348
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.