[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Surface 3 hooked up to monitor for computer needs >Xbox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: Surface-3-Docking.png (1MB, 2244x1452px) Image search: [Google]
Surface-3-Docking.png
1MB, 2244x1452px
>Surface 3 hooked up to monitor for computer needs
>Xbox One hooked up to separate monitor right next to it for gaming needs
>Lumia 920 for phone needs
>All one ecosystem that works together seemlessly

Why aren't you using the best ecosystem, /g/?
>>
Honestly, yeah. Windows is the only one to have really understood the whole "one seamless platform" thing. You get one operating system, and you get it on your phone, your tablet, and your desktop. When you're on your desktop your phone just pushes any notifications there and you can use messaging from the desktop just like it's a phone. The tablet can run desktop-level software without any trouble, because it runs a full desktop OS. If you have a separate desktop then you can just set your tablet to act as a secondary monitor without any trouble.

That shit is nice. It's one of the only systems where I feel like I'm using something genuinely futuristic and convenient.
>>
File: 1427198679069.jpg (12KB, 213x233px)
1427198679069.jpg
12KB, 213x233px
>>57691518
Apple has been doing this for years. It's about time Microsoft caught up.
>>
>>57691518

First off, I'd like to mention that Apple nailed down message forwarding to desktop-class OSes years ago.

The problem with Windows Phone is that it doesn't have developer support. It can be the greatest operating system on the planet and die in the vine from lack of interest.

Also, I notice you emphasize how well the Surface can run desktop software, and it's true that the Surface runs desktop software very well. But what about tablet software? Realistically, how practical and user-friendly is a Surface with no keyboard attached? Not very, I'd venture, since the same issue afflicting Windows Mobile applies to the desktop Windows app store, resulting in few competent touch-optimized apps of the caliber seen on Android and iOS.

What I'm trying to say is that I find it disingenuous to call the Surface computers "tablets" at all. Technically, sure, but who's actually going to use it that way? And how often?
>>
>>57691518
> It's one of the only systems where I feel like I'm using something genuinely futuristic and convenient.

It's evidently also the only system you've used.
>>
File: 1de.jpg (55KB, 720x457px) Image search: [Google]
1de.jpg
55KB, 720x457px
>>57691352
>using a tablet as your primary computer
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.