[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, litizen here, they told me maybe you guys would be more helpful,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Kobo_ereader_touch_black_front.jpg (710KB, 2029x1518px) Image search: [Google]
Kobo_ereader_touch_black_front.jpg
710KB, 2029x1518px
Hi, litizen here, they told me maybe you guys would be more helpful, I was thinking about buying an e-reader but I know knothing about it,
>>8764198
Thread in question. Any help, oh, mechanical gods?
>>
>>57684999
First, you need to mention a price point.
Second, >>>/wsr/ is the board for consumer/technical support.

Thank you for visiting, and read the rules next time.
>>
>>57685057
This is fucking kafkanian
>>
File: yujyujfe.jpg (9KB, 193x194px) Image search: [Google]
yujyujfe.jpg
9KB, 193x194px
>>57685057
nigger, stop pretending like this isn't a shitposting board
>>
>>57684999
Ill bite since u got trips

Price range (also currency? Usd? Cad?) Any features you want in particular? Size?
What are u looking for in particular? If its just to read shit and u dont give a fuck any cheap pos will do

Expect flashing when turning pages to avoid ghosting
>>
>>57684999
get a kobo, run custom firmware, google it
>>
Hijacking this thread to ask how reading books on a tablet is. The Fire HD 8 is only $60 and that seems like a pretty good deal if it's any good for books with the occasional youtube video or whatever.
>>
>>57684999
Look at Kobo. Last I checked, it supports a lot more standard formats, and whatever format it lacks, you can convert with something like calibre.

I think most of the Amazon and Barnes and Noble ones use only proprietary e reader formats. You can convert to them, mind you, but it can be a pain in the ass. The price is cheaper I believe. I'll let some more anon chime in though. I'd love to get one but for now I just use a nexus 7 since it can read Manga too, and eye strain doesn't bother me
>>
>>57685337
Never had a problem converting anything for my Kindle with calibre desu.
>>
>>57685366
try converting comics
>>
>>57685249
what benefits bring custom fw on the Kobo? I'm in the same path of OP, and I'm between a Kobo Glo HD or a PW3 (being the second one more expensive on my country).
>>
>>57685660
also, is there any solution for the laggy PDF browsing on a Kobo? Koreader maybe? Do Koreader improve this?
>>
>>57685776
>Do Koreader improve this?
Yes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsJizVAMpDQ

This is the best video I could find on this, so you can see for yourself.

>vanilla kobo pdf reader
5:13 - 9:10

>koreader
21:30 30:40
>>
>>57686555
I literally bought a Kobo Glo HD. Am I going to regret this? I'm currently using a Kindle Touch (the first generation of Touch) So I was looking for a ereader with light.
>>
>>57687337
No. Kobos are very solid. I'm still using the original and it has sent broken or deteriorated. The glo has a nice backlight
>>
File: sony_digital_paper_1.jpg (139KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sony_digital_paper_1.jpg
139KB, 1440x1080px
>>57684999
The Sony DPT-S1 is the best you can buy but also by far the most expensive. There's been some rumors of incoming competition for years now but nothing has hit the market.

Other than that pretty much any device currently on the market will do fine if you don't plan on modding the shit out of it. Get a backlit one if you've got the cash, it's a handy thing to have.
>>
>>57687337
>>57688244

I notice the glo HD has shit reviews on Amazon...seems suspicious...
>>
HIJACK!

Does anyone currently sell a cheap 10" reader?
>>
>>57689156
Course it has shit reviews on Amazon, the kindle is Amazon's baby.
You really think they aren't going to fudge the reviews?
Check reviews from a non-amazon site.

In the real world, the Kobo is a superior piece of kit. No Amazon malware, support for filetypes other than .mobi, and expandable storage.
As for the screen and backlight quality the Kindle isn't any worse than the kobo.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.