[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come a factory overclocked 7790 is able to trade blows and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20161125_190450_484.jpg (261KB, 1080x1749px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161125_190450_484.jpg
261KB, 1080x1749px
How come a factory overclocked 7790 is able to trade blows and compete with a HD 6970?
6970 used to be able to compete against a 7870GHZ but now it's struggling to hold its own against a 7790.

Has everything pre-GCN truly been gimped?
>>
>>57684907
You realise that Pajeetech doesn't go back and retest these old cards, right? That's why all the games there are old as fuck. Those benchmarks were conducted years ago, so your theory of recent gimping is fucked before it even gets off the ground.

I have noticed you trying to push this meme real hard over the past week or so, anon, so kudos for that.
>>
>>57684960
Yeah I saw it yesterday. OP was btfo in the first post as well. The gist of it was: "6970 is VLIW arch, fucking ancient not optimised for anymore, the 260x is GCN, still current"
>>
>>57685496
400 and 500 series nvidia are still getting dx11 optimisation's despite being 4 architectures old now.

t. Gtx 570 owner
>>
>>57685706
No they're not. Nvidia keep releasing drivers for Thermi and Kepler purely as a placebo to keep gullible people like you thinking you're getting all the latest updates. In reality, there's literally no advantage to installing any new driver for anything prior to Nvidia's current series. My 780 fell off a fucking cliff in new titles once Maxwell was released. The only driver that ever changed its performance post-Maxwell was the hotfix for The Witcher 3, when Kepler owners kicked up a fuss about it performing like absolute fucking garbage on Kepler cards. Nvidia issues a one-time performance update to quell the storm about gimping. That was the last time anything pre-Maxwell was looked at.

Oh, but wait...

>4 posts
>3 IPs
>one of those was me
>one was this guy >>57685496

Hi, OP! You sure gave up on your initial premise quickly. :^)
>>
>>57686139
>placebo drivers
Got any proof?
>>
>>57686139
You can't make baseless claims without providing any evidence...
>>
>>57686139
>placebo drivers
Now that that's been proven to be a lie, how can you justify the way AMD has treated their customers?
>>
>>57684960
It's not a meme if it's real :^)
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.