[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many shitty cloudatcost vps's did you buy this sale?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: server.png (32KB, 1189x389px) Image search: [Google]
server.png
32KB, 1189x389px
How many shitty cloudatcost vps's did you buy this sale?

I bought 2 and 2 cpanels
>>
>>57679232
>no debian
lul
>>
File: de.png (20KB, 567x319px) Image search: [Google]
de.png
20KB, 567x319px
>>57679372
>>
So you pay once and you have it forever?
>>
>>57679593
yeah, i have had issues with servers going down on me before, but its usually just a restart to get them back online.

you get what you pay for, i have been using them for over a year for my non production servers
>>
https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/79922/cloudatcost-server-90-off-one-time-payment

oh boy

i might still buy it anyway, kek. Is this the cheapest VPS so far?
>>
Is the panel dead? I got two 3s and one 4, as well as one web server and one cloud host.

I can't seem to mess with any of them at all.
>>
Should I buy one?
>>
>>57681912
Server panel not working. Pricing is in USD. I'll report back in a few hours if the thread's still up, and my servers actually end up working.
>>
>>57679232
>2 public addresses per server
How can they afford that again?
>>
I never understood how these/VPS servers can be run.

Can you run an executable remotely? First I have to store the data on the server, then can I execute the programs and let it run on the server?
>>
I got the CloudPRO 2 for $7, since they halfed the price.

That price is worth about 2 burgers or so. I thought maybe I'll get one "forever" and see what I can do with it. Maybe run some teamspeak server or some game server and play on my own.
>>
>forever
probably just a pump and dump
you can't expect them to continue with that pricing

Shit uptime, support, and deployment is also a given

Rather just pay a bit more for an established provider
>>
>>57683262
The company has been running for few years it seems. They seems quieted invested and seems to be partnered with Fibernetics, Canadian ISP.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INVaNT1R_jE

Not sure I'd call that "pump/dump" if they have invested that much. They're probably trying to launch a new service company like facebook/google/etc
>>
>>57683312
What CPUs are they using?
>>
>>57683312
I'm just speculating without reading in depth about them. Hell, for 7USD you can't even get fucking McDonalds.

Do you think they're actually having any profit at this point? What type of margins do you have to surf to be able to afford service at this cost? Hosting companies are financial black magic for me.
>>
>>57683333
Probably depends on which service you bought. Quick google search leads me to this

>https://freevps.us/thread-18127-post-203416.html

>Intel® Xeon® CPU X7560
>>
>>57683390
These new companies are probably seeing how it goes. Some of the new tech companies are merely dumping money into the initial investment and then later on raking rewards via partners/other offers.

Their "lifetime" service might be lower end CPU/lower end SSDs, for the price I think I can stomach that.
>>
>>57683436
>Their "lifetime" service might be lower end CPU/lower end SSDs, for the price I think I can stomach that.
But even then their hardware must come at a dirt cheap cost for them to turn a profit (when you consider infrastructure and power costs). I mean, they're just slicing up hardware into VPS instances meaning you're getting one core on a physical CPU and a virtual machine running on a physical machine that needs to split resources amongst all of its clients. This is why it can be cheap. It makes sense when you offer a cheap subscription based service, but I have never heard of a "forever" service before. It sounds like they are doing some serious financial acrobatics to make this work. I do find it quite interesting.
>>
Bought one.
>>
>A fatal error has occurred: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) Error Code: 2002
When trying to order. Rip.
>>
>>57683786
I've been trying to get access to my servers, and I hit that too earlier. It's back up now - unless it fell since I started writing this post.

It's been a few hours and the server instances still aren't up, but the cpanel web hosting is (3 bucks? Sure, why not.)
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.