[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/G/uru's I need some help. How the fuck do you bypass the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1479180977967.jpg (243KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1479180977967.jpg
243KB, 960x960px
/G/uru's I need some help. How the fuck do you bypass the Windows 10 installation usb's write permissions? I've edited the registry, I've used diskpart. Am I doing something wrong? Right now I have a GPU with a bricked bios and I need to get the back up on it asap.
>>
That's a man, baby
>>
>>57670053
Still kinda cute.
Would do xyr/10.
>>
>>57670079
Kys my man
>>
>>57669784
>/G/uru's
>capitalizing at every sentence
>dirty phone shitposter
>>>/trash/
>>
>>57670079
faggot
>>
>>57669784
idk as pajeet you flaming faggot nigger lover
>>
Can you explain what you're trying to do a little better?

Will help in exchange for moar.
>>
>>57670335
Fuckk, don't even know how I have this pic It was just the only jpg I had In downloads folder of my new build. I'm using integrated graphics right now. I have an EVGA 1070 ftw, one of the models that overheat. Was playing Witcher three earlier and It crashed, did some investigating to find that the GPU was scolding hot. Apparently this new bios update would've fixed the temperature issue EVGA Is having. And to top It off my other thumb drive that i used for linux boots has crapped out, i'm running a low level format now to see If all hope Is lost for tonight. Turns out my "board" Isn't compatible with the new gpu bios so I can only hope to just revert to my .rom backup I made.
>>
Let's ignore the GPU problem for now. If I managed to understand anything (not easy), is that you can't write any files to your usb drive. Is that right?

>I've edited the registry

?

>i'm running a low level format

What tool are you using?
>>
>>57670576
It's thanksgiving, everyone drinks on thanksgiving.

Anyway, right now the bios for my 1070 Is fucked, I need to revert to my old backup and will require a usb drive for that, and I have two. One Is a usb drive sold by microsoft to install windows 10, and the other Is an old PNY 16gb drive. I used the former for linux installations so It was a boot drive for a long time. I formatted It today and now It's totally fucked. I used diskpart and saw that It was completely locked from reading and writing, along with the microsoft usb which surprised me. So now I'm using some recovery tool for formatting thumb drives. And If that fails I have no usable usb to load dos + bios and the nvidia flashing software.
>>
File: this.png (13KB, 455x351px) Image search: [Google]
this.png
13KB, 455x351px
>>57670576
And as for the registry, I edited the WriteProtect key to 0 just In case It would work ( saw varying reports. Didn't work In the end). And the low level format Is done, and the read write Is still all locked.
>>
>>57670633
Why not just flip the dual bios switch and try again
>>
>>57670633
>a usb drive sold by microsoft to install windows 10

I know certain usb drives meant to distribute promo material at events etc. are permanently locked at the factory, with nothing that can be done about that (which makes sense). It looks like you've got one of those.

If you can't get your hands on a working usb drive, have you considered burning a bootable CD?
>>
>>57671192
I have another, but when I try to load dos onto It It just doesn't work. When I try to load an image on It, It just fails to format and I have to reformat It, and do It all over again and hope It works. If I switch the bios will It have any effect? I'd prefer not running on something that the manufacturer only wanted to be used for emergencies.
>>
>>57669784
would kiss on cheek
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.