[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else fell for the water cooling meme? Motherboard dies..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: tt-watercooling-1.jpg (226KB, 1200x797px) Image search: [Google]
tt-watercooling-1.jpg
226KB, 1200x797px
Who else fell for the water cooling meme?

Motherboard dies.. need to take out the entire loop.
>>
>>57667325
What does water cooling even offer? To me, it seems loud, bulky, and prone to failure.
>>
>>57667325
>water cooling meme
Buying a cheap system and having it leak is your own damn fault.
>>
Yeah I never got it either. I replace parts way too often to be able to deal with that shit.
>>
>>57667372

Who said it leaked? It died from being 4 year 4 year old and used everyday.

>>57667338
Yup. Think im going to sell it all on ebay and replace it with a decent air cooler. Will need a new gpu though because its got a waterblock on.
>>
It's your fault for being shitty watercooling parts.

>HURR I'M GONNA PUT WATER IN MY COMPUTER BUT I'M NOT GOING TO BUY GOOD QUALITY STUFF THAT WILL FIT TIGHTLY AND MAKE SURE THERE AREN'T ANY LEAKS
>>
File: 1446510812491.png (190KB, 500x504px) Image search: [Google]
1446510812491.png
190KB, 500x504px
>>57667338

Absolutely fucking nothing.

>OMG MY TEMPS ARE NOW 15 DEGREES LOWER IN THIS THING THAT HAS AMPLE ROOM TO GO 50 DEGREES UP JUST FINE! AN I ONLY PAID 600 DOLLARS FOR IT SO MY ROOM CAN SOUND LIKE AN AQUARIUM!

People who use watercoolers almost always have received advice from the tryhards at r/buildapc because they are people that build PCs and make their entire personalities revolve around this fact. They have to show everyone how much of a MAXIMUM GAMER they are at any given opportunity with their 500 LEDs and edgy cases.

The very price you pay for a custom loop is already enough to buy the current flagship gpu or a second one if you're stupid enough to fall for the SLI/crossfire scam. Don't even get me started on the massive fucking hassle it is to set this whole thing up and the huge windows for massive fuckups that could destroy your entire build.

>B-B-B-BUT MUH OCING

You'll much sooner reach the natural limits of the chip before temperatures become a concern in the first place, specially when CPUs and GPUs are at an all time low energy comsuption/heat generation rate. Instead of buying this overpriced POS, you could just buy a GPU with any normal aftermarket cooler which can perfectly handle all the card's OCing potential comfortably while still being virtually silent, as well as one of the 70 dollars or so premium air coolers to handle whatever retarded amount of OCing you think you need on your CPU without making so much as a single peep, as opposed to water cooler pumps and their AMAZING fish tank sound.

Don't even get me started on CLCs, just fucking don't.

Now watch as some imbecile barges in to defend his bad purchase out of post-purchase rationalization.
>>
>>57667470

Learn to read.
>>
>>57667540
>on CLCs

Meant to say AIOs.
>>
>>57667540

So true. Worked amazing for the first year (but still nowhere near necessary) but then slowly degraded as time went on. Worst this is I installed a water block on my 780 so now going back to air cooling will force me to get rid of a perfectly fine graphics card.
>>
>>57667576
What's a good after market cooler?
>>
>>57667325
Yea this is why they make AIOs.
>>
>>57667325
Just remove the the waterblock. Why does the whole loop need to be removed?
>>57667338
>>57667540
>15c

The reason to water cool is for overclocking or you just want low temps. The problem is modern day water cooling loops are complete shit largely from garbage and wrong information but also ignorance.

A properly set up loop will get far better than just 15c difference like you said. Easily get a 6700k at like 4.5ghz 24/7 oc at load well below 60c. Of the shelf coolers would be at 80c+.

As for the noise. It again comes down to a properly set up loop. For most loops that just include a CPU and GPU block the pump noise should be under the fan noise.

The all in ones are objectively better than any available air cooler.

There isn't really anything to defend. It's objective fact. The only argument to be had is price.
>>
>>57667669
This just confirms what I said in >>57667884
You failed to maintain the loop.

And why not just put the stock cooler back on?
>>
>>57667884

No longer have the reference cooler. And because the motherboard is dying, takes about 15 cycles to post.
>>
>>57667968
So because you threw the stock coolers out its the fault of water cooling?
>>
>>57667325
you mean custom water cooling? you dumb faggot.

>pays extra time and money for custom tubing
>doesn't even attempt to make it look good
>complains about the hassle of removing it

why do people like you even own a gaming PC? go back to consoles faggot
>>
>>57667992

My point is that one component failing turns into a major issue. whereas if I had an air cooler it would be a one hour job.

>>57668041

>implying that picture is my setup.
>>
>>57668164
>My point is that one component failing turns into a major issue. whereas if I had an air cooler it would be a one hour job.
If you have a shit loop set up it does. Draining and refilling should take no longer than 5mins. The longest anything should take with water cooling is setting up the loop and letting the air out.
>>
>>57668164
so your pc looks even more shit than that? pathetic
>>
>>57668164
>an hour to replace air cooler
If you didn't have down syndrome, it would take you 10 minutes, 5 minutes with an electric screwdriver

Takes me about an hour and a half to drain and clean for me. Running through 3 water blocks and 2 reservoirs. You're just a fucking moron.
>>
>>57667325
If the motherboard dies you're gonna need to take out all your parts like RAM and GPU anyway, what's the big deal?
>>
File: IMG_20160627_145034719.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160627_145034719.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>57667325
Me. And I love my loop.
Yes yes, I'm aware of its failings. I'm looking into possibly sorting it out soon, but I just spent all of my money going abroad for a week, so not just yet.
>>
>>57667540
I'm >>57669334 myself.
I paid a lot of money for my loop, sure, but I didn't do it out of "MUH OC" and "MUH TEMPS".
I did it because I wanted to. Because I wanted to face a challenge, to do something I've not done before and had always admired.
Do I benefit from lower temperatures? Yes. My Fury X runs 20c cooler than it did with the stock cooler and my CPU runs pretty much the same as it did on a NZXT Kraken X61 (280mm AIO, CPU only).
The benefit of the CPU side however is less noise than the AIO option, and less crap going everywhere with two separate AIO units at the same time.

Would I do it again? Well if I didn't have all of the gear already, probably not, because the cost IS a big factor, but since I've got the gear? Sure. Certainly.
I'm looking at putting hardline tubing into the mix once I sort out my finances again, just so I can redirect the flow and neaten it all up.

Ultimately, I did it because I wanted to do it. I think it looks pretty and it makes less noise, so yeah, I think it was worth it for me.
>>
I got an external radbox that goes into the garage. The benefits in noise and room temperature are pretty amazing.
>>
i did, long long time ago
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.