[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup, /g/. Is C++ worth learning if I wanna do more than just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: CPlusPlus.jpg (36KB, 433x455px) Image search: [Google]
CPlusPlus.jpg
36KB, 433x455px
Sup, /g/. Is C++ worth learning if I wanna do more than just game developing? Which language are most companies using anyway? What language do YOU use the most?
>>
Just learn COBAL
>>
C# at work and as a scripting language.
C/C++ at home for fun.

If you just want to get a job check JS if you want to be a frontend dev otherwise Java, Python and C# are good to start with.
>>
>>57664969
Thanks. How different would you say C# is from C++?
>>
You want to learn a somewhat easy, modern, popular, productive language, with nice community support and good job prospects.
C++ has decades worth of legacy garbage. You constantly get bogged down into trivial low level details which are completely unrelated to the thing you're building. There's a million ways to get sidetracked and never make anything useful.
Learn C++ if you're interested in working on extremely data and processing intensive systems, where you'll spend most of your time debugging obscure memory leaks and deadlocks, optimizing data pathways and cache access. Essentially, instead of building things and worrying about design, features and user experience, you'll be tinkering with makefiles and measuring nanoseconds your program spends masturbating in context switches.
>>
>>57664818
Only a 30 years old virgin is able to program in C++ everyone else codes C++
>>
>>57664818
if you (((learn))) c++ you won't have a hard time transitioning to others. if you want a language for fast project time like python, it won't be hard. coming from python to c++ on the other hand, good luck buddy on having a paradigm shift and suicidal thoughts.
>>
>>57664818

If you want to do anything that is fast you need c++
>>
>>57664818
If you want to use the godlike Qt the right (TM) way, you need C++.
>>
>>57665142
If you actually learn c++ what you said is moot as fuck. C++ is harder to learn than something like Python and java, and definitely shouldn't be used for some projects, but what you say is shit. You probrably started with java and can no longer think for yourself.
>>
>>57664969
C# is not a scripting language. It is compiled.
>>57664818
You could use C# for game development. C++ is also great for things beyond game development. Don't listen to people who tell you otherwise as they are completely full of it.
>>57665036
C# took features from both C++ and Java. It is very similar but it is somewhat easier to use than C++ and has significantly better speed than Java.
>>57665776
I second this. Although C# is faster than Java, it still can't beat C++ in terms of speed.
>>57665625
This is accurate. Most languages are based on c-like syntax.
>>
>>57665911
>C# is not a scripting language. It is compiled.
So is Pawn.
>>
>>57664818
I use C++ at work on backend. It's really fucking awful. I'm working on thanksgiving too because muh mission critical. I hate my life.
>>
>>57666402
You poor cocksucker. I'm on call but at least I don't have to go in unless something blows up.
>>
>>57664818
>Is C++ worth learning if I wanna do more than just game developing?

Yes. For example for developing desktop application that don't suck.
>>
>>57666471

this 1000x
>>
Op, most of replies in this thread are retarded as fuck.

Its a board, for furries, deskopt, battleground, watches, leg shaving razors but not for programming.

There are like 3-4 good replies, rest is just people that have no idea what are they talking about shitposting some memes.

go
/r/learnprogramming
/r/programming

etc.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.