[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know this isn't /tech support/ but you guys are my only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: 1479930212951.jpg (865KB, 2048x1362px) Image search: [Google]
1479930212951.jpg
865KB, 2048x1362px
I know this isn't /tech support/ but you guys are my only friends.

> My computer won't say off. Turn it off, turns right on again

What I did
> Reinstall windows, delete grub in the process, reinstall all my programs all of which I already had the last time.
> Only different seems to be windows is a slightly newer build now since I hadnt updated to the newest version

What I tried to fix it
> Disable relevant BIOS settings (wake on lan etc)
> Disable wake on lan from within windows, with the device manager
> Disable all autostart programs just in case
> Disable hybrid sleep and wake timer
> Boot linux from a thumb drive, shut it down -> to see if that would temporary fix it -> it didn't

Everything else is running fine.
I'm at a loss here.
Thank you so much in advance
>>
File: 1479804819128.jpg (2MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1479804819128.jpg
2MB, 3872x2592px
>>57662687
>say off
*"stay off." i'm retarded

pls respond
>>
>>57662726
Reset your BIOS settings to default ones.
>>
File: 1479866189967.jpg (141KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1479866189967.jpg
141KB, 1920x1080px
>>57662756
did do, wasn't it

just read there's a wake-on-usb feature, brb checking if that's there and on but i doubt it
>>
>>57662726
>>57662756
and try disconnecting all perpiherals that might be waking it up - network cards, mice, keyboards, usb devices, cd drives disks

If you have a spare PSU, try replacing it.

Try updating your BIOS
>>
File: 1479963412460.jpg (403KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1479963412460.jpg
403KB, 1920x1200px
>>57662780
>If you have a spare PSU, try replacing it.
BIOS is updated, disconnected everything.
Was considering the PSU but I dont have one, would have to buy a cheap one

>>57662777
So I just turned my PC off to check some bios features and this time it wouldn't auto turn on again.

It did that yesterday for hours till I just killed the power and went to sleep, didnt even check today.

No idea what that was about, I changer absolutely nothing

Thanks for the advice, hope it doesn't return
>>
>>57662687
Mmmh I had a similar problem with that nvidia stream thing waking up my computer. Is it waking up when disconnected from the network?
>>
>>57662687

Just wanted to let you know that I enjoy being friends with you anon.
>>
Win10 or something like that? Try turning off fastboot under energy settings.
>>
File: Screenshot_741.png (191KB, 900x680px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_741.png
191KB, 900x680px
Anybody mind giving me a helping hand for my homework?
Like they are 4 more questions but only this first one confuses me.
It's supposed to be written in pseudo code.
Am i supposed to reach the input of data id last name etc.
or is that data allready in the program and i have to read the data from the program then print?
>>
>>57662687
Did you connect the power button to the reset leads or something?

Check your bios/uefi
>>
Install Gentoo
>>
>>57662687
Buy a new psu, check if all psu cables and motherboard cables are connected properly.
>>
Is something shorting out the power button. Like the connector to the power button on your mobo or the power button itself.

Anyway, I would try connecting a different switch or just short the jumper manually after disconnectingh the switch to see if the problem persist.
>>
Hijacking the thread to ask a simple question:
pic related is LibreOffice on Fedora 25.
is the 3200*1800 resolution the problem here? It works perfect in all the other stock programs.
>>
>>57662687
>Reinstall windows
Your first and only mistake.
Quit using windows 10, it is nothing but trouble.
Did you try using a different operating system to do an actual shutdown and not some faggoty hybrid shutdown that windows tends to do?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.