[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the tech community seem to have more transsexuals than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: cat-deep-in-thought.jpg (26KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
cat-deep-in-thought.jpg
26KB, 450x338px
Why does the tech community seem to have more transsexuals than the general population? Or is it just that I'm more exposed to them? Every day I'm reading a GitHub issue thread and I spot one (it's usually obvious because of the pink hair)

What's going on /g/uys?
>>
>>57649380
I don't consider pink haired transsexuals to be part of the tech community because none of them have ever written anything of value.
All they do is complain about your pronoun usage in code and partake in tone policing campaigns over Twitter where they attempt to ruin your public reputation if you stand up to them.
>>
>>57649380
They only seem to be so many because they need a lot of attention.
And most of them cant code anyway just js html css and other gay stuff
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (104KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
104KB, 1920x1080px
If they could code they would be coding and not complaining so often.
>>
This thread is going to go straight to shit, but OP is in fact correct: there is an unusual prevalence of trans people (trans women in particular) in the technology field, going back several decades (e.g. Sophie, the ARM chip design lead).

I am one, and I still don't know why that is. It may simply be coincidence, or it may be that the technology field attracts outcasts somehow.
>>
>>57650743
>sophie
This person was male when they accomplished the first revision of the ARM chip design.
>>
>>57651259
They're still male. They didn't magically change their sex just because they changed their name.
>>
>>57651299
yeah but dont tell them that, you'll be ripped to shreds on twitter and a legion of transfucks will find out where you work and get you fired
>>
>>57651259
>>57651299
>>57651360
but who cares? i'm genuinely asking why you give a shit
>>
>>57651606
Because I value my job security.
>>
>>57651606
Because they're trying to destroy what's left of our freedom of speech.
>t. Leaf
>>
>>57649380
>Why does the tech community seem to have more transsexuals than the general population?

I don't think there are more transsexuals, but I do think there are more open transsexuals:

>higher focus on skill than following societal norms
>more autism, so less caring about fitting in
>higher income, so less at the mercy of offended management

I approve. Live and let live.
>>
As a child, computing is a good hobby for the introverted where you don't have to play rough or be a boy socially.

Also there actually aren't as many career paths for trans women where they're held in equal regard as you might think. It is kind of IT or academia or kneepads...

Audrey Tang must be the most accomplished. She doesn't have pink hair.
>>
>>57651749
trannies are gross though
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.