[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to connect my cable box to both my TV and computer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Is it possible to connect my cable box to both my TV and computer?

I want to be able to record live sports to my computer so I can edit the game later on
>>
>>57642192
Just get a tv tuner card, that's how literally everyone records tv shows.
>>
>>57642205
>Cable Box
>TV Tuner

What are you talking about nigger do you even know how digital TV works?

>>57642192
Get a one of those gayman capture cards if that cable box outputs in HDMI.
>>
>>57642224
With the capture card can I watch the game on the TV while recording it on the computer? Cable box has both component cables and HDMI. Was gunna connect to TV with component and computer with HDMI.

If it's not possible I'm gunna have to use my TV as my desktop monitor right?
>>
>>57642313
Yes.
You can either directly capture from the card itself with a hard drive (depending on which one you buy) or use something Like OBS Studio or FFMPEG to capture and display the video on your computer at the same time while still having it play on your TV.
>>
>>57642224
>do you even know how digital TV works?
Do you? Using a capture card to record TV is appropriately nigger-tier.
>>
>>57642865
A lot of cable companies don't even let you receive any channels without going through one of their cable boxes, which generally have HDMI and RF outputs.

You could use a TV tuner card with the RF output, but you'd be limited to 480i and going from digital to analog and then back to digital. Some cable boxes have analog component outputs that can do HD, but you'd still be going from digital to analog and then back to digital.

The best solution is to use a good capture card with an HDMI input that supports HDCP. All digital, full resolution, no quality loss.
>>
>>57643078
They literally have to let you use a tuner in the US, you just need one made for digital cable.

https://www.fcc.gov/media/cablecard-know-your-rights
>>
>>57643078
>The best solution is to use a good capture card with an HDMI input that supports HDCP. All digital, full resolution, no quality loss.
Also, this is wrong too. With a cable tuner you can copy the source 1080i/720p stream directly (truly no quality loss, but it's already garbage) but with a capture card you're re-encoding it and getting lowered quality guaranteed.
>>
>>57643305
Forgot about Cablecards. Do PC tuners with Cablecard slots actually exist? If so, that's where it's at.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.