[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://forums.anandtech.com/thread s/nvidia-pascal-thread.2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: Nvidia-GTX-1080-Ti-Featured.jpg (213KB, 1273x740px) Image search: [Google]
Nvidia-GTX-1080-Ti-Featured.jpg
213KB, 1273x740px
https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/nvidia-pascal-thread.2463869/page-172#post-38591571

>Latest word from China: NVIDIA is about to start shipping the Geforce GTX 1080 Ti

THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA
>>
>>57635800
>Latest word from Laos: NVIDIA is about to start shipping the Geforce GTX 1080 Ti

THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA
>>
>>57635800
TEN THOUSAND DOLLAR GPU
ANY PERFORMANCE GAIIINZ ARE SIMPLE FIRMWARE/SOFTWARE IMPROVEMENTS/HIGHER LOCKS ON THEM
THANK YOU NVIDIA! YOU'RE FUCKING OF THE MARKET IS LOVED BY MANY, YOUR LACK OF REAL COMPUTATIONAL GAINZ IS ADORED WORLD WIDE
KEEP PROVING HOW STUPID THE MASSES ARE, YEAR AFTER YEAR!
>>
>>57636032
Are you stupid or just FULL RETARDED?

GTX 1080 Ti with GP102 is simply faster than GP104 in GTX 1080
>>
>>57636189
>not realizing the hardware is being gimped so they can continue releasing bullshit product rebrands
kill yourself you stupid fuck.
not even bringing to light the bullshit they pull by buying up any competition or shit like phsyx just to fuck developers and customers alike
>>
>>57636549
>BUTTMAD AYYMDPOORFAGS DETECTED
>>
>>57636707
>implying they aren't doing thte exact same thing
at least they offer decent options like freesync or actively progress the market with new tech (DDDR, HBM etc)
wtf has nvidia done besides milk consumers and cuck them with expensive alternatives? (gsync, physx etc)
>>
Wait for AMD
>>
I don't care about GPUs at all until the market produces at least a 3000:1 static contrast monitor with 4k@90Hz+ and HDR

Needles to say I'll be waiting for Navi or Volta.
>>
>>57637117
Oh yeah, has to be at least 29", 30" preferably.
None of that tiny 27" junk
>>
>>57636871
Nvidia first to offer variable refresh, first to HBM2, first to GDDR5X

AYYMD, nothing but copying Nvidia
>>
>>57636871
Freesync suck tb-h
>>
>>57636871
>freesync
>can't play in windowed mode

lol fuck that. i'd happily pay for a smaller but equivalent priced gysnc screen just so i can use my other 2 monitors whilst i'm playing my games. i can't stand games which don't have windowed borderless modes.
>>
AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT
>>
> AMD cuckolds on suicide watch
> Roihinder Pratarahan is on suicide watch
> poorfags on suicide watch

Nvidia absolutely BTFO all the filth
>>
>>57637194
all of that shit was licensed to them you fucking turd.
they didn't put any money into the development of this technology. just reaping the gains of others paid effort.
it's a fucking duopoly you worthless cocknugget, how do you not realize what this means?
>>
File: comfy merchant.png (42KB, 427x366px) Image search: [Google]
comfy merchant.png
42KB, 427x366px
>16 posts
>8 IPs
>>
>>57637194
>first to HBM2
not for consumers. Not for professionals. Only for servers.
AMD Vega will have HBM2 for consumers and kick 1080ti ass.
>>
>>57639142
>AMD next product will kick nvidias ass, i swear this time is the one!
>>
>>57635800
>>57636022
> CUT DOWN TITAN X IS FINALLY HERE!

this product being shipped is only indicative of Vega being actually close to ready.
otherwise they would just continue milking saps with $750 1080 and $1200 Titan X prices.
>>
>>57637117
Same boat here, don't forget a low persistence mode.
>>
>>57637381
Shut it down!
>>
>>57640760
God I hope nvidia has no idea what vega will cost, would be fucking great to see them price this way the hell higher than vega and vega has sku that is within 10% for almost half
>>
>>57639486
the 5000 line up kicked nvidia's ass so hard they skipped even releasing the 300 series and rushed the 400

sense then, amd has always been competitive if not the better option in some gens, despite what you say about the 900 ro 1000 line.
>>
>>57637288
less impactful then g-sync, costs 0 apposed to 200$, and has one panel that advertises 30 as its minimum to work, but actually goes down to sub 18... but yea, free sync is shit right?
>>
>>57637316
you can use more then one monitor with freesync. you just can't have the game windowed on the same screen and have freesync work, which i think is bullshit but whatever.
>>
>>57642911
>Implying product naming means anything
>Implying you can just skip already developed chip
dumb amdrone
>>
>>57637117
I could give a fuck about hdr, I want high contrast ratios and minimal ghosting.

you give me an oled and i'm willing to step back to 720p at sizes WAY too big to not see pixels.
>>
>>57640760
If the 1080Ti is a cut down Titan X there's no reason to keep holding into then.
Better sell of those chipset now and make profit instead of holding into them.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.