[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/ 2016/11/trump-hires-two-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: N.jpg (19KB, 400x373px) Image search: [Google]
N.jpg
19KB, 400x373px
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/11/trump-hires-two-net-neutrality-opponents-to-oversee-fcc-transition/

MURRIKA IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT
>>
>>57635637
>drumpfkins WILL defend this
>>
Congratulations /pol/ fuckers, you cuck yourselves. Good job.
>>
>>57635637
Um, this is a bad thing how?
>>
>>57635832
He's doing nothing to end local monopolies.
>>
>>57635832
the issue is that companies with deep pockets could potentially just make sure competing startups have a really hard time getting traction in the market.

What if 20 years ago blockbuster paid ISPs/cell providers to make sure its streaming service was free to the consumer and netflix just didn't have the capital to compete with that.
While it *might* bring potentially faster speeds to consumers or some 'free' services the cost will be locking out competitors out of the market.

Temporary 'free' or 'faster' services don't benefit the consumer in the long term.
>>
>>57635637

Mmmmyep. We had a choice between a Mafia-owned global government that would reduce human life to little more than a commodity, or literally the Monopoly Man and all that entails it.

Nearly the same result either way, come to think of it - the left was lying about all the nice things they planned to do, and the right is just the same shit spun with "muh christian values".
>>
>>57636002
>would reduce human life to little more than a commodity,
HAHAHAHAHH
You don't know it already is viewed as such.
You poor thing, you're going to be devastated when you realize how fucking awful this life really is.
>>
File: net-neutrality.jpg (486KB, 1516x740px) Image search: [Google]
net-neutrality.jpg
486KB, 1516x740px
>>57635832

Because of this.
>>
>>57635637
Americans have been brainwashed to be against net neutrality.

Even Americans who claim to know about /g/
>>
>>57635968
>it *might* bring potentially faster speeds to consumers

It won't improve the total throughput.

For everything that loads faster something else will have to load slower.
It takes the choice away from consumers and gives it to the ISP, that's all this is.
>>
>>57637886
is that real?
>>
>>57638374
It will be real.
>>
so wtf are we gonna do
>>
>>57635637
>>/pol/

Hillary would've done the same and this has been inevitable for years now.
>>
>>57639630
Bernie Sanders wouldn't have.
Fuck the DNC
>>
>>57639621

Find out who your (Federal) lawmakers are. Go to their websites. Find out when they next have in-person events in your area.

During the event's Q&A, ask what they're going to do to solve the crisis of ISP monopolization and prices that make America the laughing stock of the developed world.

Alternatively, ask what they're going to do to restore a level playing field to the Internet for consumers and small businesses after Net Neutrality is removed.
>>
>>57639630
Oh yeah? And what if she did? Would you hate her because she has a vagina you turbo autist sexist? It's her fucking turn
>>
>>57635637
Cool
I better buy some stock so I can profit from this while you meets cry because you can't afford to buy premium Internet
>>
>>57639685
>Find out who your (Federal) lawmakers are. Go to their websites.
I can't though, my AT&T bronze subscription doesn't cover access to government web pages. For that I'd need a silver plan, but those aren't offered in my area and no other ISP gives service here.
>>
>>57635637
Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.
>>
>>57640103

Lel
>>
There are enough millennial tech yuppie entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley that depend on a free and open internet for their industry to lobby the government with their billions and save us, r-right?
>>
File: 1463348248494.jpg (19KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
1463348248494.jpg
19KB, 600x315px
>tfw Canadian
>tfw Weedman will save us

actually, who am I kidding, we're fucked by association aren't we
>>
>>57640220
When a company gets big enough to own a significant portion of the market they benefit less from net neutrality than smaller companies who can take away their marketshare. At that point net neutrality becomes "problematic" for them.
>>
>>57640220

They still have Silicon Valley's biggest enemy (Dianne Feinstein) as their Senator.

What do you think?
>>
>>57637886
nice meme. worst case scenario your Netflix bill goes up $2
>>
File: 1478976655510.gif (332KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1478976655510.gif
332KB, 1920x1080px
>>57639718
>>
>>57637886
>>57641167
Seriously, these pics have been around for how many years. When will it happen, if ever.
>>
>>57639718
we hate her because she is a pedo, devil worshipping, warmonger

#pizzagate #moloch #saturn #spiritcooking #ww3 #amrageddon
>>
>>57641202

Comcast has been gradually rolling out wireline data caps. Once that has enough prevalence, they'll do it unless Net Neutrality is in place.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.