[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /g/ i came up with something. basically an app that lets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: Qr-4.png (531B, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
Qr-4.png
531B, 220x220px
hey /g/ i came up with something.

basically an app that lets you transfer files in bulk from one device to another by pointing the camera at the screen with those square meme codes. instead of just snippets of info from companies you can transfer uploaded cloud shit like executables, songs, project files, and so forth without having to make a login account. thoughts?
>>
I think you're a retarded faggot and should kill yourself.
>>
Someone already made the app, think it's on fdroid.
>>
been done before
very slow, though, you'd only get maybe 1.5-2k codes to be large enough to be scannable, and at 30-60fps, provided the readers' cpu could decode them that quickly, which gives you ~45-120kB/s, and it's unidirectional, so interruptions can't be automatically recovered from
much better off using irDA/bluetooth/wifi for transfers
>>
Kind of stupid, it'd be more beneficial to just set it up in a way where when your camera detects your defined object, it triggers NFC, or bluetooth, or wifi, and transfers the data using those mediums. It'd be a lot more efficient.
>>
File: stallman2a.png (16KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
stallman2a.png
16KB, 280x280px
Can a malicious QR code be crafted?
>>
File: 1473748318876.jpg (19KB, 222x293px) Image search: [Google]
1473748318876.jpg
19KB, 222x293px
>>57628164
>Square meme codes
>>
>>57628164
Are mobile devices really this bad that people would even consider relying on images of squares in squares to transfer data?
>>
File: snsd.png (105KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
snsd.png
105KB, 600x600px
>>57628767
I don't think anyone would consider it as a primary way to load data into the phone. But it can be a creative way in if conventional connections are hindered for whatever reason.
>>
>>57628164
Huh, is there such a thing as mini-usb to mini-usb cables to hook two phones together to transfer files?
>>
>>57628164
> convert a bunch of files into squares
> make a video out of them
> upload to YouTube privately
> unlimited cloud storage now
>>
>>57628895
According to >>57628843, such methods may be hindered.
>>
>Uploaded cloud shit
>Cloud

Basically what you described is MEGA or Dropbox with QR code links
>>
>>57628895
I think the main problem with this method is how to signal which of the two devices is the master and which one is the slave.
For the same reason we don't have a direct pc to pc transfer via usb.
Pc to phone it's easy. PC is the master, phone the slave
Phone to usb drive (OTG) it's easy. Phone is the master, usb drive the slave.

Actually I can maybe see it working on a phone with a dedicated app to set one of the 2 phones in slave mode before connecting them, or otherwise having the other phone spoof himself as a pc so the other one behaves as an external drive.
>>
>>57628902
Here's an idea that's so gimmicky it may actually catch on

>print 50-100 square meme codes on index cards
>it's now a flip book
>use camera to capture data
>>
File: 31E4744B7ZL.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
31E4744B7ZL.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>57628996
There are transfer cables that use USB. Granted it's not just a simple cable with USB A on both ends. These were made to migrate your old computer's files to a new one and used in conjunction with software.
>>
>>57628164
I just had a similar idea based on what I just read.

QR code dead drops. You know those places that have USB thumb drives literally sticking out of the walls and random people can come by and take/leave files at random? That, but with a QR code that leads to a website where you can take/leave files at random instead of a physical USB. You see the QR code on the side of a building one day, and decide to scan it with either your laptop or phone, and it leads you to a location-specific website that can only be accessed via the QR. You can see a directory of files on the website; the files that have been left at that specific spot. You can do three things from there: leave a file or folder by dragging & dropping (or just uploading), select files to download or download everything in the directory.

It's just a stupid, fun wacky idea. Probably would get shut down because of people leaving viruses and cheese pizza, but I still think it would be fun while it lasts.
>>
>>57630931
Not gonna work. As soon as someone leaks the QR code, everyone in the world can log in from everywhere.

You'd need some kind of QR code admission system, e.g. a terminal where you can print a customized QR code that's directly linked to you, and a password only you know. You'd need both the QR code and the password to login.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.