[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>replaced windows 10 with Arch Linux >started using du

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: tux_pepe.jpg (37KB, 827x960px) Image search: [Google]
tux_pepe.jpg
37KB, 827x960px
>replaced windows 10 with Arch Linux
>started using duckduckgo instead of google
>using firefox instead of chrome
>installed adblock, noscript, decentraleyes, privacy badger, https everywhere, better privacy and self-destructing cookies (all on firefox)
>only using open source software that's been reviewed (e.g. anything from GNU, transmission, thunderbird, vlc etc.)
>deleted facebook, twitter, snapchat, whatsapp, google, apple and more accounts (never used them anyway inb4 normie accusations)
>turned router firewall security settings up to maximum (whatever the fuck that means/actually does)
>using a VPN for everything (PIA for those wondering)
>use tor/i2p for non interactive web browsing
>no webcam or mic
>use a password format for which there are about 80^16 different combinations - every account has a different password, I change them regularly
>I don't appear on any search engine results, I've removed 90% of pictures of myself from the internet
>encrypted hard drive

I was thinking of buying one of those open source routers and setting up GPG. What else can I do to escape the watchful eye of these authoritarian turds?
>>
Use Qubes OS instead of Arch for more streamlined and easier security.

Here is a overview and demo of the capabilities. Also separates your workflow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD0_gq_ugw8
>>
>>57622846
Replace duckduckgo with startpage (owner of duckduckgo sells your data, see /g/ wiki), and then don't select the US servers in the settings page. Not sure where the EU servers are located, so it's probably safest to use the Asian ones.
>>
>>57622846
i had to switch from noscript to umatrix, too much fucking clicking and waiting for the page to refresh with noscript desu senpai
>>
Dumb frogposter
>>
>>57623123
but thats a pingu
>>
>>57623157
dumb frog(penguin)poster
>>
>>57623157
Pinguins are a form of frog.
>>
>>57622846
>>using firefox instead of chrome
stopped reading here.
Trollpost is trying to hard. Their is nothing wrong with chromecast
>>
>>57623195
>bending over to receive the google cock
lol, fractions of a second of your life are saved, but in return you're violated constantly. What kind of trade-off is that you monstrous faggot?
>>
>What else can I do to escape the watchful eye of these authoritarian turds?

Start a revolution or go back in time to stop the Patriot Act.
>>
arch is shiet
>>
>>57623264

>go back in time to stop the Patriot Act

Literally couldn't happen, it would have wormed its way in regardless, 9/11 just accelerated the process.

The only other way is to entirely remove yourself from the grid. Go full Kaczynski or you'll never be safe.
>>
i wonder if using a VPN all the time makes you look like a pizza enthusiast by your ISP.

maybe set up another machine that's basically a bot that looks like a normie.
>>
>>57623338
No. They don't care.
>>
>>57623338

Not necessarily, plenty of people who work from home use VPNs to connect to corporate networks, which would mean the majority of their traffic is encrypted.
>>
>>57623381
do they use PIA? I thought they typically use vpns provided by their employer.
>>
>>57623406
probably VPN is from the company, so they can use the intranet
>>
>>57623099
Where does it say they sell your data?
>>
>>57623193
Go to sleep Terry.
>>
>>57623609
it's part of their business model. they are silicon Valley people.
>>
>>57623099
isn't searx.me the secure search engine of choice?
>>
>>57623027
Excellent vid. Thanks, bra-ther.
>>
File: 1469459679120.jpg (74KB, 636x464px) Image search: [Google]
1469459679120.jpg
74KB, 636x464px
>>57623381
Enterprise rent a car employee here. I work from home making reservations for customers. I use a program called USCC DESKTOP to connect to a corporate computer and use the intranet, and use a company provided vpn phone to receive calls on.

Can confirm, isp doesn't give a Damn.
>>
burn off your fingerprints, only use stilts when walking to disguise physical footprints, only communicate with text to speech software at mcdonald's drive through
>>
File: IMG_0645.png (2KB, 198x164px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0645.png
2KB, 198x164px
>>57623745
LMAOOOOO
>>
>>57623193
it's a 'froguin'
or a 'penguog'
>>
you can kill yourself
>>
>>57623099
Replace startpage with Yacy
>>
>>57623697
It is, true patrician choice is self-hosted searx
>>
Switch from arch to trisquel
Get a computer compatible with libreboot or core boot.
Use startpage instead of ddg
>>
Adding on to >>57624103
If you're this serious about it then go out and buy a phone compatible with replicant.
If that isn't possible for you then flash a CM or AOSP ROM without Google apps. Only use apps on f droid or other Foss apps.
Switch your email provider to something like protonmail.
Find a good VPN not based in the us and that doesn't keep logs.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.