[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi I've got a nice gaming rig, that got wet when we had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: My.Pc.gif (606KB, 672x978px) Image search: [Google]
My.Pc.gif
606KB, 672x978px
Hi
I've got a nice gaming rig, that got wet when we had a storm.

Water got in through ceiling and into pc case, while it was one.

I've pulled it apart and dried everything out best I can with a hair drier. Put it back together a bit at a time.

Bench tested just Motherboard, RAM, PSU, the system power's on. But of course, there is no post on screen.

With CPU and fan installed, when I power on there is a blink of light as things start to fire up, and then the system goes dark.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.
>>
>>57614134
sounds like your power supply might be fucked

try finding a spare one and testing it with all of your components

if not that, no idea
>>
>>57614146
Yeah that's what I'd go for as well, if it isn't the PSU then it could be any various motherboard components that got shorted by water residue and such.

Your best bet if it's not the PSU is to just keep trying using spare components, find a spare motherboard, try like that, and keep going until you identify what's broke.

If you don't have spares... well that's reasonable, but this is the limit of amateur knowledge.
>>
File: h97gaming3 copy.jpg (378KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
h97gaming3 copy.jpg
378KB, 1600x1600px
You know I did see a lot of water around the 8pin 12v CPU plug on my board.

I pulled the cable off, and actully sucked a little water out of that cable.

I've had a sore throat since i did it too
>>
where did you buy your rig... the toilet store?
>>
>>57614187
The unfortunate thing about rainwater, tapwater, etc is that you're not rid of all of it even if you dry it off, it's full of minerals (limestone, etc) which simply remain as residue while the actual H2O is dried off or evaporated.

These minerals are what actually makes water conductive, it's not water itself, and if they remain they can continue shorting whatever circuit boards got damp.

You can also attempt to clean this off, I can't remember off the top of my head what to use, but it's possible some >70% alcohol might work for the purpose.
>>
Spotted the vest-jyde
>>
>>57614134
Start by checking psu. Find a friend with a similar rig and go through the components.
>>
>>57614134
>I've pulled it apart and dried everything out best I can with a hair drier.
>hair drier
you stupid fuck
>>
>>57614134
>rig
>>
Gentoo has a pretty good help
>>
>>57614134
Use a bucket of rice you dumb fool
>>
>>57614307
This.
>>
>>57614134
>dried with hair drier

No no no no no no no no no no no no no
>>
>>57616129
What's the problem with hair drier?
(Not op)
>>
>>57614134
>learn English
>move into an actual house with a roof
>install gentoo
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.