[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw none of your friends gets excited to study machine learning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 139735305856.jpg (68KB, 648x595px) Image search: [Google]
139735305856.jpg
68KB, 648x595px
>tfw none of your friends gets excited to study machine learning with you
I just want a friend to learn it from scratch with me then work on cool projects together
>>
maybe you're a boring person and nobody likes you, and if they say they like you they only want to learn how to hurt you more efficiently and then laugh about it later while having sex, the loving and tender kind that you'll never ever ever have
>>
this is timesink dropout shit that died in the late 80s. get a job
>>
>>57604653
It's fallen back into interest with this deep learning hype.
>>
>>57604665
yep you said it. hype, which is another word for meme.

great way to find out if what you're doing is a waste of time: see if indeed.com agrees with you
>>
>>57604821
>yep you said it. hype, which is another word for meme.
I bet you are the type of person that calls the Internet a meme too, aren't you?

Machine learning is the next big ITT, fucking Google split out Alphabet to focus solely on it, every car manufacturer is currently heavily investing into autonomous cars, etc.
>>
>>57604915
he's right though. everyone knows machine learning is bullshit but they pretend it isn't because the retards over at google think it's the future (when it clearly isn't)
>>
>>57604961
>retards over at google
And Nvidia. And Intel (who bought a mediocre AI company for an obscene number of billions earlier this year). And, you know, GE. And Tesla. And BMW.

You're only saying it isn't the future to discourage OP, so you can make sweet neural net money all by yourself, aren't you?
>>
>>57604915
>>57604961
I'm sure it isn't a meme if you're the best of the best of the best in your field and even at that point there will be less than 100 jobs for it in the entire world. High paying I'm sure, but a lofty dream compared to the high return on small investment of time in any other programming field.

If you did something which gave you passive or free experience for 20 years because it was part of previous jobs, this is how you'd do it since you'd already have the skills. Learning it from scratch is not going to match up to reality. and if it happens to not work out or get automated as the second anon posted, you'll just be like all the other "expert historian artisans" on youtube
>>
>>57604601
Yeah i'm boring, but thats not the reason, its because they are all a bunch of /v/-tier retards that don't really enjoy computing, don't even know why they are going for a CS degree
>>
OP are you in the east coast? M-maybe we can be friends.
>>
>>57604029
ROS?
>>
>>57604029
I can be your friend.
I really want to study ML.
>>
>>57606305
>>57606360
post contact
>>
>>57606373
[email protected]
>>
>>57606373
[email protected]
>>
>>57606434
>>57606455
sent :^)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.