[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well then UK. might start using Tails more often http://www

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 1476987315499.png (20KB, 638x547px) Image search: [Google]
1476987315499.png
20KB, 638x547px
Well then UK. might start using Tails more often
http://www.konbini.com/en/entertainment-2/uk-introduced-most-extreme-surveillance-law-ever/
>>
>>57601407
Migrate faggot.
>>
kek
KEK
>>
Why even bother when every processor made after 2007 has NSA backdoors?
>>
UKuck here. Still not sure how I feel about this. I mean on the one hand they've no doubt been doing this for years anyway--nobody is kicking up a stink, so it's like everybody knows this already. Nobody seems surprised, even.

On the other hand I feel like I've just been anally gaped by my govt. No, I'm not a kiddie fiddler or terrorist, but that's not the point is it?

I just don't know. We've got more CCTV everywhere than any nation on earth and nobody seems to mind that, so maybe we're also the most downtrodden nation on earth too. Or the most apathetic.

I will admit that I don't really mind the CCTV, personally. Especially where I live; I feel safe knowing that if I get jumped there'll be a minimum of three people watching it live and wanking as they call it in.
>>
>>57601441
where too, this is was the last decent place.
>>
>>57601466
People still manged to get away with stuff these days. Why not?
>>
File: rms-bw[1].jpg (4MB, 2835x2050px) Image search: [Google]
rms-bw[1].jpg
4MB, 2835x2050px
>>57601407
>mfw eurocucks think they're first world
>>
>>57601724
>believing in the 1st/3rd world duality

It's all 3rd world anon
>>
>>57601777
Sounds like a line from a /cyb/ thread but you're not wrong I suppose.
>>
>>57601777
Obviously you've never been to an actual 3rd world country.
>>
File: 77xphn8ewnyx.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
77xphn8ewnyx.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
>>
>>57602505
Wasn't that fake?
>>
>>57602505
Kek. I've seen enough court summons to know that's fake, but maybe it'll be reality soon.
>>
>>57602581
shhh anon...
>>
>>57602588
Most likely it will happen soon.
>>
>>57601538
The usage of mass data is the one that truly irks me, we were already living in a country in which town councils were using anti terrorism laws to go after people who let their dog shit in the street but with these new changes all peoples data, whether relevant to a criminal investigation or not, can be monitored on the basis of searching for trends or patterns that lead to dissent. There is essentially not even a facade of privacy any more
>>
>>57602662
I'll own up to a decent amount of ignorance when it comes to all this, and the more I learn about it the scarier it is. But again, nobody I've talked to AFK seems to give a shit, and that's the scariest thing for me; the majority seems content to roll over and take it.
>>
>>57602727
You were right in your previous post, it's apathy although it is combined with ignorance. Internet surveillance is simply too abstract a concept for many people to be bothered by and many feel that their communications are not worth reading (which they're not).

What people fail to grasp though is that with enough meaningless facbook posts and google searches and GPS information you have such a dense and detailed picture of the nation that you have a level of control that is absolutely incredible.
>>
>>57601538
I had my bike stolen right in front of a security camera. I phoned the police, and they said that unless I could tell them the exact 15-minute window when it was stolen, they wouldn't bother combing through the footage, and my bike would be gone forever. Obviously I didn't know the exact time my bike was stolen.

Yes, I mad.
>>
>>57602825
Holy fuck that's just laziness. Knowing how expensive some bikes are I'd like to think they'd dedicate at least an hour to sifting. I mean come on, surely one person can spare an hour to do that.
>>
>>57601708
America. Please stay away from Finland, it's full
>>
>>57602886
why when they can just not?
>>
>>57602825
I had a similar situation where I had a suitcase stolen off of a train and the BTP said it was pointless looking at cctv because the case was black despite me knowing it had been nicked at one of two stations.
>>
>>57602959
Well maybe my naivety is showing, then. I don't even know why: I'm very much aware that police aren't super helpful gonna do my best to solve every crime types. I personally know two PCSOs and they are horrendous cunts.

Poor anon though.

>>57602969
Poor you, too. All in all I'm not feeling particularly proud to be a UKuck today.
>>
>>57602886
Not with budget cuts, they can't! Anyway, my point is that even though the UK has more CCTV than any country on Earth, nobody watches it. It's even monitored by a different government department from the regular police, so the police need to know exactly what they're looking for in advance before they request the tapes. A lot of pubs, bars, shops, etc also have CCTV for insurance reasons, but they buy the cheapest ones and nothing shows up (I asked them too).

tl;dr you can commit any crime you want. Nobody gives a shit.
>>
>>57603004
The bike only cost about £300, to be fair. And I do live in ghetto Manchester. I'd only had it for about two months though ;_;
>>
>>57603071
Christ I forgot about the budget cuts. Country is going to shit.

>>57603098
Bad times. Grimsby here, we seem to have more pointless property destruction than burglary. Not sure which I prefer.
>>
>>57603174
Liverpool, know that feeling about having shit robbed.
>>
>>57602662
>There is essentially not even a facade of privacy any more
I think the UK is being used as a testing ground. The US is not perfect, but we have not descended as far as the UK. We seem to be a few years behind.

Basically the global elite are trying to engineer a society where privacy is completely extinct.

People say it has always been like this but it really hasn't. In the 90s you could go downtown and not count dozens of surveillance cameras spying on the city. Western society has gone to shit.
>>
>>57603506
I want to live as a hermit now.
>>
I remember thinking "Thank god this will never happen in the real world!" when reading 1984 as a kid. Yet here I am, allowing google botnet scripts to be able to post on the technology section of a taiwanese cartoon board to talk about the most perverse law I have ever seen in regards to privacy...

I need a drink.
>>
>>57603506
If you wanted to test something before pushing it out worldwide there are few better places than the UK, it's almost like the perfect petri dish.
>>
>>57604095
Every country has a city which they use for that. In the UK, it's usually Swindon, because Swindon's demographics are almost exactly identical to those of the country overall.
>>
>>57602825
You got cucked mate
Ive used CCTV software before and it's extremely easy to use. They're just lazy
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.