[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't there any laptop OS that isn't shit in one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 127735892.png (94KB, 596x595px) Image search: [Google]
127735892.png
94KB, 596x595px
Linux is decent since it's simple and lightweight but it doesn't have any software support, Windows is Windows and doesn't even have things like proper Bluetooth support in [current year], MacOS is the best overall but Apple will gladly take a shit on your plate and watch you eat it just because they can and the new Macbook Pros are overpriced for the specs you're getting.

I have to dual boot Linux and Windows to have an even remotably useable machine since Windows 10 runs worse than it has any right to do unless you have top of the line specs.

Did Microsofts Apple-like approach pay off with the Surface line? Does Windows 10 run better on Surface than it does on other laptops? What laptops are even worth buying nowadays?
>>
>>57599575
>Did Microsofts Apple-like approach pay off with the Surface line?
No and Microsoft is dying with desktops
>>
Laptops are shit.
>>
>>57599608
I'm not talking about sales, I'm talking about if it made Windows suck less donkey dick to use since they have more control over the software and hardware integration
>>
>>57599643
True, but some of us aren't NEETs and actually need them
>>
>>57599575
I use OS X as my main OS on my laptops. I run OS X on 3 Thinkpads. You can install OS X on non-Apple hardware through hackintosh and clover/chameleon bootloaders. OS X is actually really nice if you're only interested in normie/office stuff or simple web/iOS dev. For everything else I keep Windows and Debian in VMs. Get a Thinkpad T420. It's the easiest to install OS X on. Or just buy a used Mac. The 2015 MBP isn't too bad if you have $700.
>>
>>57600866
I recently replaced my 2011 Macbook Pro with an X230 and I've been thinking about putting OSX on it but I've hard that things like Wifi doesn't work and you have to use a USB dongle.

I'm going to see if I can install OSX on this when I upgrade to an SSD because right now I can barely run Windows on this.

Hopefully I can end up with dual booting OSX and Windows if I want to play vidya and run Linux in a VM if I ever need it.
>>
>>57600967
Just replace the wireless card with one that will work with OS X if yours doesn't work. There are also kernel extensions that you can use as a fix for some issues like that.
>>
>>57599575
>No software support
Kill yourself
>>
Try hackintosh
>>
>>57601172
Give me a call when Linux gets industry standard software for music and art

>Inb4 "B-but muh GIMP!!! XDDD"
>>
File: 1473597493453.jpg (102KB, 488x434px) Image search: [Google]
1473597493453.jpg
102KB, 488x434px
>>57601351
>industry standard software for music and art
Linux has plenty of great software you are just too lazy to take five minutes to google search and read the documentation.
>>
>>57601417
Great =/= industry standard, sounds like you're the one who needs to take 5 minutes to Google and learn how to read
>>
No one with any basic software related technology knowledge would ask such a question.
It's the perfect example of the stereotypical v poster asking a question on here. A thread about actual technology died for this.
>>
>>57601739
Ok
>>
>>57599575
What kind of software do you need on your laptop, goy?
>>
>>57601417
did plenty of googling and installed what everyone said is the best music recording software on Linux (ardour) and it's actually pretty shit
>>
>>57602533
Mainly Ableton Live, Premiere, Photoshop and Lightroom
>>
The only good laptops for sale are the Macbook Pro, XPS13, and Chromebook Pixel 2. That's it. XPS13 and Pixel are at a disadvantage for not having macOS and doing hackintosh on a laptop is pants on head retarded.
>>
>>57602573
all
>>
>>57602558
Bitwig is on Linux but I still prefer Ableton Live
>>
>>57602622
What do you get out of shitposting that doesn't even involve dressing as a cute girl?
>>
>>57602673
What part of that was shitposting? Because you don't agree with it?
>>
>>57599575
You're absolutely right, and you know what? We have nobody to blame but ourselves.

What are we to do when we find ourselves in a situation where nothing is good enough?

I thought the answer was to either create something new, support the option with the best _potential_, or at the very least not get in the way while other people try to solve the problem for me.

But apparently, according to 12yr old winfags, the correct behavior is to relish the fact that your PC can play gaem while someone else's can't and conclude that you're using the best OS while posting smug reaction images. Or make fun of the people trying to solve the issues for being "autistic" while them and their friends throw money and developers saying they're happy with the OS they have.

If everyone switched to Linux 5 years ago it would have all the games and software you want today.
>>
>>57599575
>Windows doesn't even have things like proper Bluetooth support
The fuck? I use Bluetooth everyday without an issue
>>
>>57603757
I have to repair my headphones every time I reboot my PC, it even works better on Linux for me
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.