[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I make a phone call or send a text message to someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

How can I make a phone call or send a text message to someone through the internet without using a website or API? I want to code my own solution preferably.

Do I need a "dial up modem"? What is a "dial up modem"? Do I need a phone line at my house? I have internet.
>>
I think you need some sort of number to relay a msg to their provider and then you can tack their number to that and send to them using a socket.
>>
>>5759531
i cant believe skipped over the first time around...

did you ask "what is a dial up modem?"
>>
>>57595319
really depends on exactly what you want to do. you will definitely need Asterisk or something similar for your pbx and you will need to get hooked up with another isp to actually send texts and shit. you may also need a DID/POTS number to receive shit.
>>
>>57595319
If you don't know what a dial-up modem is, you're probably too young to be here son.
>>
>>57595770
It's time to die, dad. Now go!
>>
yes you need a "dial up" modem and a phone line or mobile phone through which to send voice/text messages
phone and sms are not internet-based services
if they were, things like skype wouldn't be (as much of) a thing
>>
>>57595319
Since you're a retard you can connect your smartphone to your PC and send texts through it
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.