[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for the experts of /g/: >there's a bunch of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: cloud.png (36KB, 314x314px) Image search: [Google]
cloud.png
36KB, 314x314px
Question for the experts of /g/:
>there's a bunch of websites with a 'search' feature, where you can input a string of text to run against a database to identify matches
>I want to create a single web-based platform where putting in a string of text will automatically search all those websites and return the results together
>how do I do this?
>>
there's a reason Google sorts and omits over half of the "relevant" searches
What you're describing is essentially what was wrong with 90's search engines; too many people trying to include everything they can and ending up with a pile of garbage the client them self has to sort through
The point of a search engine is that it searches for you, and gives you what might be the most relevant site, not giving you 1000 sites that mentioned your keyword at some point
>>
>>57592962
I'm not talking about a search engine utility.

Here's a good example of what I'm getting at with a totally different pretext:
>people go fishing in their secret spots
>every now and then, fisherman upload text files indicating where their secret spot is
>there's 7 websites that scan the web looking for these text files
>you can query these 7 websites by typing in your location, suburb, region or state; to see if there's any secret fishing spots nearby
>currently, these websites have varying amounts of data and different results
>I want to create a platform whereby you can automatically search all 7 websites for results

is this a little more clear?
>>
>>57593045
I think I understand, what I'm saying is why? The point is to get better and less search results, not more and worse results
>>
>>57593045
>scan the web
Also I'm not sure if you understand how most search engines work, you're not gonna get "deeper" results without going to specific databases not catalogued by major search engines (which is essentially all of them)
>>
>>57593045
Sounds like the exact same scenario, just with fish, and told in an autistic and inefficient manner
What are you asking?
>>
>>57593131
No, these closed source databases are not catalogued by search engines. Their front-end websites are though.

For example, if you simply googled the strings I'm aiming to find, you would not get them.

If you went to any of the websites who've catalogued them in their private databases and searched it there, you would get them.

What I simply need to know is what's the best way to go around automating the process to automatically run a search query through some website's built in search function

Jesus fucking christ you're all autists, why are you so difficult to deal with? Like instead of answering a fucking question you used even more effort and time from your day to point out why you think it's flawed (from your entirely misinterpreted understanding, too).

I thought you neckbeards were meant to be efficient & pragmatic for fucks sake.

Please, do get laid.
>>
>>57594023
Fuck off, you are obviously too stupid for programming.
What you want to achieve is a simple python program of a few lines.
If you can't achieve it by yourself, give up.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.