[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would anyone study CS when studying business will let you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1476394902426.png (720KB, 1002x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1476394902426.png
720KB, 1002x1070px
Why would anyone study CS when studying business will let you be in charge of CS majors?
>>
>being in charge of autists
Good fucking luck.
>>
>>57578944
The only thing studying business will let you be in charge of is other peoples' McDonalds orders.
>>
>>57578977
R E E E
E
E
E
>>
>>57578991
lmao ok CS cuck

your jobs wouldn't exist without business majors
>>
Business school teaches you nothing and gives you a degree that is 100% useless a la carte. It has only two real purposes. The first is connections; to survive in the upper echelons of the corporate world you need rich and powerful friends. This is where your Ivy League fraternity buddies come in. Of course "studying" it anywhere else does not give you any such benefits. The second is as a compliment to another degree, typically STEM, in the form of an MBA. This is how you get to boss around autists. However, you can just major in EE/CE/CS and let your future employer pay for your MBA when you become management, because Protip: an MBA alone won't make you management material and your employer knows that. You need experience.
>>
>>57578944
>actually thinking "business education" is a credential
HAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

source: 4 years in wealth management, then CS diploma and literally doubled my salary after returning to the firm in a different role
>>
>>57578944
studying business is actually so embarrassing holy shit i can't believe so many of our best and brightest take this path christ can we PLEASE teach comp sci in elementary school
>>
>>57579065
>>57579076
the next president of America studied business dumbass
>>
>why not be the ideas guy who is nothing but dead weight to the company?

As a contract programmer I get at least 10 emails a day from clueless business majors with "a billion dollar app idea". No, I will not work for 1% equity, please do the world a favor and kill yourself.

The most successful tech companies do away with the businessmen and "ideas people" so that they can promote an environment where engineering comes first. You may think a business major is going to turn you into the next steve jobs but in reality you'll probably just join the long line of plebs who want me to work for free. There is hope for you though, I hear MCDonald's is hiring all year round! :^)
>>
>>57579114
He also got a dickload of money from daddy dearest to start his own empire.

That's not an option for most people.
>>
>>57578944
t. dumbfuck thinks he's going to be charge of anything out of college. Kill yourself OP.
>>
>>57579046
I thought it was the other way around, because you know, there wouldn't be a product.
>>
>>57579114
Just a small loan of a million dollars!
>>
Is "computer science" really a thing people study? What person in the year 2016 doesn't study something where you're guaranteed to get a job afterwards and won't be replaced by automation?
>>
>>57579635
>What person in the year 2016 doesn't study something where you're guaranteed to get a job afterwards

I really hope you aren't following trends anon, because that can be just as bad. So many fucking nursing students, class of 40 down to less than 20 in an already saturated area.
>>
having to deal with computer stuff is one thing
having to deal with people and business would make me want to kill myself
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.