[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.pcgamesn.com/amd/57-per- cent-gamers-on-radeon H

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: Radeon[1].jpg (89KB, 590x332px) Image search: [Google]
Radeon[1].jpg
89KB, 590x332px
http://www.pcgamesn.com/amd/57-per-cent-gamers-on-radeon

How can Nvidia even compete.
>>
with quality products where shitty drivers and hardware are thr exception and not the norm
>>
>AMD’s year-on-year revenue has grown by 11%, driven by those new graphics card sales. Nvidia though have seen their revenue leap by a massive 54%.

They can compete quite well, it seems.
>>
>>57576797
But most of that is not even gaming
>>
File: 1459989496322.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1459989496322.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>57576714

>When you combine all the gamers running x86 systems - that’s PC and console combined - then well over half of them are running on machines with Radeon graphics at their heart.

>Including consoles
>>
>>57576737
>where shitty drivers and hardware are thr exception and not the norm
have you been living under a rock? pascal cards exploding and every driver release from nvidia being hot garbage?
>>
>>57577075
>pascal cards exploding
It seems you're the one living under a rock.
EVGA doesn't represent Nvidia.
As far as everyone's concerned, no other vendor had issues apart from EVGA lacking designs.
>>
>>57577051

it's like lego saying they're the world largest tyre manufacturer
>>
>>57577118
takes a lot to keep those housefires in check huh
>>
>>57577318
Sure, Pajeet.
>>
>>57577318
Winter is here, be grateful nVidia is thinking about their users by keeping them warm and cozy.
>>
>>57576714
>including consoles
fuck off pajeet

you're not getting any rupees for this
>>
>>57576714
amd and intel lost market share last quarter to nvidia though.
>>
>>57577075
>1 or 2 Nvidia drivers have issues that get fixed quickly
>One aftermarket brand fucked up and made an overheating card

vs
>All AMD drivers are shitty and dont get fixed for months
>AMD themselves went ahead and made a mean lean motherboard frying machine with the rx480
>>
File: OP.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
OP.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>57576714
>console combined
>>
>>57577625
Pajeets can't deal with the fact Nvidia is superior in every way measurable, so they have to cherrypick.

Gentle reminder that

>ayymd has no offering above the 1060 tier
>ayymd is literally using the same gpu for the past 5 years
>even after all these years, Pajeet is still unable to tweak the cards in order to consume less power and produce less heat than Nvidia's
>you're literally supporting brown people who smell of curry and shit in the streets
>>
File: nvidiacontrolpanel.png (11KB, 258x1040px) Image search: [Google]
nvidiacontrolpanel.png
11KB, 258x1040px
>nvidia drivers aren't absolute trash

i'm very tired of this meme
>>
>>57577948
it's just one shill samefagging.
>>
File: control.png (11KB, 257x354px) Image search: [Google]
control.png
11KB, 257x354px
>>57577948
i didn't even know this was an issue. my control panel has never failed to not open or work properly
>>
>>57578013
Nah, it's not one """""shill"""".
People just get blown away by how idiotic some of you can be.

>muh amd card is better bang for buck xD
>not gonna pay the jew for better performance xD

How can you even argue against nvidia when amd doesn't bring anything new to the table?
Plus nvidia cards always perform better in games and rendering.

It's a money issue. If everyone had the money to pay the "premium" for nvidia, nobody would buy amd. AMD cards always were and always will be budget cards.

AMD fags are just trying to rationalise their buys because they literally couldn't afford better.

And all this blowing cards maymay is the best example one could have of a bad case of fox and the grapes.
>>
>the majority of people are not rich

Wow, I am surprised by this new information.
>>
I really don't give a shit as long as both AMD and NVDA keep earning me stock monies. Put 5k in each in July and I'm up a fuckin boatload.
>>
>>57578092
it's been an issue for literally years. desktop users at least have a workaround. i just find it sad that amd users have access to great tools like wattman, whereas i can't even change some fucking fan speeds.
>>
>>57578154
>tfw didn't buy in february

;_____;
>>
>>57578173
>wattman
>great

iirc it only works with the 4xx cards and also everyone i know who has a 4xx card said wattman is always crashing. i think i remember adoredtv also criticizing it because of all the crashes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4r29xk/wattman_constantly_crashes_radeon_for_me_new_amd/
>>
>>57578199
I'd rather a tool that crashed on occasion than a control panel that has zero practical functionality.
>>
>>57578217
this is literally impossible to have though. every time you update drivers with a clean install it actually removes the control panel and re installs a fresh one. if an install was bugged it would be fixed if you reinstalled the driver/installed a new one. i get the feeling you're a bit too retarded to be able to use a computer.

that or you don't actually own an nvidia card but still have control panel installed.

console's exist, i recommend you try one instead. they're great for people with low iq.
>>
>>57578256
don't know why you're taking my faulty driver problems so personally but i've reinstalled drivers several times and my drivers are currently up to date. the bug persists. sorry if that upsets you for some reason but frankly I'm even more pissed off.
>>
>>57578193

I know man shit sux. I didn't even invest then but I'm so active on /g/ I should have seen it coming, especially after the NVDA/Tesla announcement and deep learning.
>>
>>57578308
like i said, this issue is literally impossible to have if you've done a clean driver install and not just updating drivers alone. either use ddu or use nvidias own clean install setting when updating drivers. if you are too incompetent to do this then you need mental help.

post your specs in geforce experience
>>
>>57578128
did amd kill your family
>>
>>57578504
Just stating facts.
>>
>>57577075
EVGA is not Nvidia.
>>
>>57576714
>How can Nvidia even compete.

By handing Titans and 1080 to youtubers left and right, who in turn will make endless videos about them because they know peoplel ike watching stuff they can't even afford realistically.

A single 1080 shown on [tech channel catering to underage kids building their first rig] probably sells more 1060s and 1070s than traditional advertising would.

AMD is lacking an x90 model with 8GB and has been for months, which hurts the brand. People are more interested in seeing top-of-the-line products before ultimately buying something a tier or two lower.
>>
>>57576714
>When you combine all the gamers running x86 systems - that’s PC and console combined
>and console
MY SIDES
>>
>>57578548
If they had a 490 even just a month ago I would've bought it (assuming a reasonable price) without even waiting for benchmarks. I'm very thankful to AMD for not having had the ability to compete with nvidia because I seem to have dodge a massive bombshell.
>>
>>57578548
That's not the issue with AMD. The issue resides in a lack of cooperation with producers, and lack no R&D whatsoever.
Instead, they think doing VR poo in loo movies is better for the business.
>>
>>57576714
>When you combine all the gamers running x86 systems - that’s PC and console combined - then well over half of them are running on machines with Radeon graphics at their heart
>When we’re talking discrete graphics though Nvidia are absolutely on top.

Nice bait OP.
>>
>>57576714
>pcs and consoles combined
>only 57%
that's just straight depressing family
>>
>>57578590
>a lack of cooperation with producers
I don't think that's the issue with AMD. Rather it seems to be lack of resources to cooperate with producers, namely that nvidia cooperation agreements typically disallow the publisher, if they sign on that, to get help from AMD in any way (but also on other points, like nvidia having the resources to make cudnn while amd barely even has a blas implementation at all).
They obviously don't lack in the R&D department either since they're able to, on paper, beat the shit out of nvidia for the same pricepoint. What they lack is competent software developers to write drivers that don't bottleneck the shit out of their cards, and to develop workarounds for nvidia jewry.
>>
>>57577129
>tyre
Speak English you commie fucking shit.
>>
>>57576714

>video games
>>
Mukesh ambani showed the taste of internet to the people of inida.. By jio services.. Bharat mata ki jai..
>>
>>57578538
EVGA is the only decent AIB partner on the NVIDIA side, if their cards start exploding there's no point in buying NVIDIA at all

not to mention NVIDIA's diarrhea-tier drivers
>>
>>57576714
It's idiotic to include consoles, they run proprietary graphics APIs, operating systems, and use different drivers

my MacBook's AMD GPU is more relevant to PC gaming than a fucking PS4
>>
>>57579075
Actually EVGA is dogshit. The only thing they ever had going for them was their warranty/return/exchange policy.
>>
>>57578616
Most computers sold in 2016 use Intel integrated graphics only.
>>
>>57579109
are you trying to, for one second, imply that asus, gigabyte, msi, and pny aren't dogshit?
>>
>>57579115
They're only counting "gaymers", i.e. they exclude all devices without a discrete-like videocard and also exclude science.
>>
>>57576714
AMD marketshare up to 25% in Q3, they're slowly eating away at NVIDIA.

can't give AMD all the credit though, NVIDIA have definitely helped with almost every driver release this year being broken garbage, making their memeforce experience software a literal botnet, having housefire cards again and even ones with exploding VRMs because they underengineering the components on their PCBs to such a degree they almost seem like chinese knockoffs.
>>
>>57579123
Asus is actually pretty good. Gigabyte is alright. PNY is shit but not dogshit. MSI is hit or miss, mostly miss. EVGA is only better than PNY when they don't have exploding cards, and because of their policy, that's all.
>>
File: Steam hardware survey graphics.jpg (93KB, 590x332px) Image search: [Google]
Steam hardware survey graphics.jpg
93KB, 590x332px
>>57579139
Did you read the article or look at their source?

If they were excluding all devices without a "discrete" videocard the PS4 and Xbox One would be excluded too as they have integrated GPUs and they share RAM with the CPU.
>>
>>57579152
>Asus is actually pretty good
nah, MSI and ASUS were good back in the DirectCU II/Twin Frozr II/III era. They're both dogshit now, especially ASUS with their gimmicky ROG garbage.
>>
>>57579162
Don't touch the ROG crap, I agree it's shit, but their non-ROG GPUs are great. It's not like I'm saying they're the saviors of GPUs or whatever, but EVGA brings literally nothing, and has literally nothing, on any others beside their policy. And now they bring you exploding cards, too.
>>
>>57579160
t. inbred
>>
>>57578128
That's some genuine anger. You got to have problems if you get red in the face (or green in your case) if you take AMD vs NVIDIA "wars" or whatever seriously. It'd be quite comical if you actually exhibit true anger towards a company like they killed your Dog or something.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.